I've been really remiss in writing a review for this property, but better late than never! Stayed there for a week back in mid-May. Stayed there solo and was meeting up with friends in the Sarasota area. Chose to stay on Anna Maria Island, as I had been through there 12 years ago and remembered how lovely and low key it was -- lovely beaches, low-key, and no unsightly high rises there.
Haley's is in a beautiful, quiet neighborhood. Big bonus is that they provide beach umbrellas, chairs, and carts. Lovely one block walk to the beach. Can catch the free, island trolley just one block away. Or, if feeling adventurous, can walk into towns.
Was assigned room #8, which was lovely for one person and would also be nice for a romantic couple's stay. Nice and quiet. Easy access to pool. Pretty, updated room had everything you could want in a compact size -- mini fridge, kitchen sink, microwave. Good size closet. I enjoyed the vintage jalousie windows in the bedroom and bathroom -- it was nice to have a choice of using the a/c, ceiling fan, or getting the fresh air breeze from outside. Lovely tropical gardens outside, cutely decorated parking space area for each room, pretty and clean pool. If you explore and venture a bit through the property, will find a beautiful outdoor garden room and pretty, hidden garden.
Nice to stay at a family-operated "mom and pop" style motel. It's great to see that the owners want to preserve the architecture and history. At the same time, the motel has the modern upgrades.
I really love the vintage Florida architecture from the 1950s/1960s, etc. When I had visited the island 12 years ago, this was one thing that had attracted me to the northern Anna Maria area -- the pretty, low-key, one story ranch houses, in pastel shades. I was really saddened to see that a good number of these structures have been or are getting knocked down and replaced by more unsightly three-story structures. Thank goodness that there is a three story limit on building on this island. I read in a local newspaper that there is an Anna Maria preservation society that has been formed that is concerned about the loss of the one-story structures and also wants to preserve a feeling of "community". I wish them good luck with this.
I would definitely stay at Haley's again and wish the owners good luck with their lovely product!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Haley’s offers studios, motel rooms,one bedroom cottages and 2 and 3 bedroom homes to suit every guest’s needs. We can easily accommodate larger parties in our guesthouses that offer a screened front porch. With a friendly, helpful concierge/owner staff on premises, available to give dining or sightseeing recommendations and directions, the turquoise waters of the Gulf of Mexico steps from your door, lush gardens, plenty of places on property to relax, a sparkling heated pool, and a whole laid-back, welcoming island to experience, you have the makings of the perfect vacation. You can easily prepare a meal or just morning coffee if you wish, since every room has a refrigerator, coffeemaker, and toaster. Many also have a stove or burners, cookware, and serve-ware. All our rooms offer wireless internet and TVs, some also have DVD players. Haley’s is located centrally in the most desirable and quiet part of Anna Maria called Holmes Beach. From here, you can bike or take the free trolley to wonderful dining, shopping, and all kinds of activities. We also offer select dog friendly rooms where your pet will be comfortable and happy. While neither dogs nor bikes are allowed on our ecologically protected beaches, you will find bike trails, a dog park, and a nearby causeway where you and your pet can swim to your heart’s content. Or perhaps you will be lucky enough to watch hundreds of baby loggerhead turtles hatch and run to the moonlit surf from their nest. Whether you want to do everything or do nothing but relax, Haley’s is the place to make your vacation dreams become reality. We look forward to sharing our place in paradise with you. Free Beach Chairs and Towels. AC/Heat, basic cable TV/VCR; Free wireless Internet access;guest computer; heated pool; gas BBQ grills. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Booking.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Haleys Motel and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Haleys Hotel Holmes Beach
- Haleys Motel Holmes Beach
- Haleys Motel And Resort Anna Maria Island/Holmes Beach, FL