I was nervous about this motel—I really wanted one right on the beach. But the experience exceeded our expectations. The beach is a short block walk and since it has a private pathway, the nearest stretch seems to be the least populated of the island! This part of the island was our favorite--not too dense, some old Florida atmosphere. Also, Haley’s offers carts, beach towels, umbrellas and various other things to use there. The room key even has a flashlight so you can walk back and forth in the evening (wonderful to go there for the sunset). Each room has an assigned parking space.
The owner and staff are all absolutely delightful: friendly, warm and helpful. They recommended restaurants (Feast was our favorite) and shops and when our shower knob was not working properly, they had a plumber in in less than an hour!
My son and I spent five nights in room 6, and I would have felt comfortable at the motel alone, too. I was worried that, since no. 6 is so close to the rooms facing it (don't expect a view), that we’d have noise. Again, it was not a problem: silence all night. The A/C is a bit noisy, but other than that, the suite was very nice. Clean, recently remodeled, functional and the kitchen had everything we needed: dishes, glasses, pots and pans, toaster, coffee maker and salt and pepper, coffee, brand new sponge and dishwashing liquid (note that the hot and cold are inverted in the kitchen sink). Yes, the bathroom is tiny, but with a nice, fully tiled shower (subway tiles) and great water pressure. I would have liked to see more 50s style in the room to go with the outside, but the remodel is lovely and there is a cool corner in glass bricks.
The small pool is a plus. There are lovely plants around the whole place and cute salamanders and lizards. The new outside shower with rain shower faucet and a separate foot shower allows you not to track in any sand into your room or the pool. The poolside bathroom is also clean and modern.
Overall, we were delighted with our stay at Haley’s Motel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Haley’s offers studios, motel rooms,one bedroom cottages and 2 and 3 bedroom homes to suit every guest’s needs. We can easily accommodate larger parties in our guesthouses that offer a screened front porch. With a friendly, helpful concierge/owner staff on premises, available to give dining or sightseeing recommendations and directions, the turquoise waters of the Gulf of Mexico steps from your door, lush gardens, plenty of places on property to relax, a sparkling heated pool, and a whole laid-back, welcoming island to experience, you have the makings of the perfect vacation. You can easily prepare a meal or just morning coffee if you wish, since every room has a refrigerator, coffeemaker, and toaster. Many also have a stove or burners, cookware, and serve-ware. All our rooms offer wireless internet and TVs, some also have DVD players. Haley’s is located centrally in the most desirable and quiet part of Anna Maria called Holmes Beach. From here, you can bike or take the free trolley to wonderful dining, shopping, and all kinds of activities. We also offer select dog friendly rooms where your pet will be comfortable and happy. While neither dogs nor bikes are allowed on our ecologically protected beaches, you will find bike trails, a dog park, and a nearby causeway where you and your pet can swim to your heart’s content. Or perhaps you will be lucky enough to watch hundreds of baby loggerhead turtles hatch and run to the moonlit surf from their nest. Whether you want to do everything or do nothing but relax, Haley’s is the place to make your vacation dreams become reality. We look forward to sharing our place in paradise with you. Free Beach Chairs and Towels. AC/Heat, basic cable TV/VCR; Free wireless Internet access;guest computer; heated pool; gas BBQ grills. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Haleys Motel and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Haleys Hotel Holmes Beach
- Haleys Motel Holmes Beach
- Haleys Motel And Resort Anna Maria Island/Holmes Beach, FL