“Good food and great service” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
eat here is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 34 Restaurants in Holmes Beach
Cuisines: American, Diner, Seafood, Bistro
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Marina Drive
Description: Eat Here offers chef-driven, American artisan cookery. An emphasis on local product and fresh Gulf seafood served in presentations suitable for sharing and tasting. A casual neighborhood place, with a community table, featuring craft beers and wines. On Anna Maria Island.
Indiana
“Good food and great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We ate at Eat Here on our recent vacation. We had considered it the previous year but felt the location left a little to be desired. We should have gone because the food was great and the service excellent. Between my husband and adult children there were six of us. We ordered several menu items and shared them. We had a couple of the flat bread pizzas which were excellent, one veggie and one sausage. The fish dip was average but enjoyable. Everyone loved the bruschetta and toppings. The lobster tacos got mixed reviews from average to delicious. I think it depended more on personal preference than quality. The chicken white chili (not sure if this was the actual name of the dish) was great and so was the HUGE grilled cheese sandwich. We didn't have any of the larger dinner entrees but they looked tempting. We had some kind of chocolate cheesecake for dessert...delicious.They do have outdoor seating but you are just in a parking lot. Because our group was larger and it was rainy, we were seated indoors at a long communal table. That was fun as we enjoyed our table mates. No reason to go for the atmosphere but the food is definitely worth the trip and when you add great service (I think our waiter's name was Burns) it is even better.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

79% Recommend
Bradenton, Florida
“Disappointed - Not what we expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Really wanted to like this restaurant, but didn't. Waitress seemed inexperienced. Very limited menu. Our meal was pricey and not that good. When we told her we did not enjoy our meal, she became argumentative. Although manager offered not to charge us, that wasn't the point. Will go a mile further next time to eat at Sandbar. Much better food and views!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Roanoke, Virginia
“Disappointing - Food Safety Issues”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

While the food was delicious, service was lousy. The waiter did not do a great job explaining the menu. We were under the impression that it was a la carte/family style and ended up ordering too much food. There were long delays between receiving the different dishes of food. Our children were finished eating before we got our meals. I left the restaurant with two of my three children before my husband and I got our meals. The waiter didn't even seem to recognize more than half our table had departed. My husband was asked if he wanted dessert before he received the last side, which came after he ate his main dish. Once it came it was so hot it could not be eaten. Our one-year-old son's bowl of spaghetti was piping hot - why on earth would a restaurant ever serve a child such hot food. As soon as it was brought to the table, he stuck his hand in it and got scalded. This is bewildering and completely unacceptable. I see this as a safety issue. So what if you bring the food straight from the oven, it can't be eaten until it is cooled. To give you an understanding of how hot the bowl of spaghetti was, it was as if the noodles came right off the stove without being rinsed and the sauce poured directly from stove top and then immediately served to my one year old. While I understand the concept of this restaurant, the service was completely baffling.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Clermont
“What's All the Fuss!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We took our son for his birthday to this restaurant because of the rave reviews it had. The service was good except the server forgot to get my husband's drink order. He seemed to know about the menu and made some good recommendations which I should have taken because of my menu choice, the veal meatloaf was very dry except for the middle. It was on top of mashed potatoes that was nothing to write home about. For the prices they charge they need to make sure their entrées are top notch. Not sure if we will go back or not - could have been an off night. The restaurant was very cramped with supply boxes lining the walls. If the food was better I could have overlooked the interior.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We waited 1 hour for our food that have no taste. I do not understand how people can write good reviews about this place. BAD RESTAURANT