“Great Coffee with free refills” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 34 Restaurants in Holmes Beach
Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Bagels
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Bagels, specialty sandwiches,homemade soups, coffee bar. Seasonal dinners Thur.-Sat. w/reservation. Catering available. Bagels, specialty sandwiches,homemade soups, coffee bar. Seasonal dinners Thur.-Sat. w/reservation. Catering available. http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Paradise.Bagels.941-779-1212
Oswego, New York
“Great Coffee with free refills”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

My wife and I stopped here to have coffee most morning during our stay. We figured out the routine quickly. There were mugs on the shelf next to the coffee and you simply filled the mugs and paid at the counter. The sign said 12 refills minimum, needless to say we had one refill at each visit. The pastries and bagels looked delicious and when our sons came by with us, they fell in love with the breakfast sandwiches.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bradenton, Florida
“Great food at a cost...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

I am a loyal customer of 5 years. I absolutely adore the food here. Like my title says, great food at a cost. The cost being the negative chatter you will hear from the staff. Most of this chatter will include bickering, speaking poorly of the President, partison political views, and venting about other customers. It's not all the time, but enough where I've experienced it many times.
I really hope the staff reads these reviews because it would be helpful to take them into consideration. I know it's your establishment, but the atmosphere would be so much better if the negative chatter was done away with.
I will always come back, but others may not. Please do something about these issues because they subtract from an otherwise awesome eatery.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bradenton, Florida
“What a cute restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Each time I go to Paradise Bagel Café, I feel so welcome and at home. As soon as you enter,
friendly faces abound, and you are greeted cordially. The owner and staff have a wonderful rapport sprinkled with humor. The food is the freshest, and I especially love their lox and bagel platter. Everything I ever had there was delicious, and all the help is quite courteous. The BLT's are outstanding with super fresh Florida tomatoes with special bacon. I have been so impressed that I introduced myself to the owner, Jackie. Jackie is delightful and orders "only the best" for her customers. The atmosphere and décor are tastefully done, and I would highly recommend
Paradise Bagels and Café. Madeline Fitzgerald

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ocean City, Maryland
“Crazy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stopped in for a quick breakfast and it was a train wreck from start to finish. First, I stumbled on an awkward step just inside the door and I owner said "everyone trips in flip flops". Then the ordering process had to be explained. While we waited for our food we had to listen to the owner and a younger woman nag at each other about who was doing more work. This went on and on. I can only imagine that this was mom and daughter as any other relationship would have ended in a fireing or quitting. To mom's defense, daughter spent her time hiding in the back unless called and they were swamped. We had bagel sandwiches and the bagels were terrible, more like bagels shaped bread. IMHO, mom needs to stay in the kitchen and get some cordial experienced front of the house and wait staff. If this crew had been on a political rant as others have described, we would have left. It was a most uncomfortable experience.

pa
“Awful”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

These are the worst bagels we have ever had in our entire lives! They are soft roll with a hole in the middle, so I guess they can call it a bagel. Publix bagels 10 times better.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere