“AMAZING food & amazing ppl.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 35 Restaurants in Holmes Beach
Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Bagels
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Bagels, specialty sandwiches,homemade soups, coffee bar. Seasonal dinners Thur.-Sat. w/reservation. Catering available. Bagels, specialty sandwiches,homemade soups, coffee bar. Seasonal dinners Thur.-Sat. w/reservation. Catering available. http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Paradise.Bagels.941-779-1212
“AMAZING food & amazing ppl.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Such a cute place. Def not main stream. You can tell the bagels, muffins & sweets are homemade. I just love it. The staff is super nice & you feel like you are home. I'm visiting from Ohio. I've been here twice on this trip so far & I will definitely come back next time I'm in AMI.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great food but bad service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I used to love Paradise Bagel Cafe. The last couple times I have been there the service was not the best and the staff was rude. The first time I thought maybe they were just having a rough day but the second time rubbed me the wrong way. Everything seemed to be an issue from my order and even my payment. I was really nice about everything but no apology for how long we waited and rude about paying with a credit card because someone was on the phone. I hope they turn it around because I love the food.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stuart, Florida
“Organization and Direction Please...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This place is small and very unorganized. Upon arrival you see a line, thinking its the line to order. Come to find out, its the line to pay. Which is also intertwined with a line for the beverage area. You have to be told by other diners where to go to order because they just went through the same agonizing experience! No signs to point you in the right direction and definetly no help from the staff. They were acting as if you were honored for them to be a service to you. Should'nt it be the other way around? One lady who was cooking and possibly the owner was loudly talking in a rude manner to her employees. It was painful to hear how she was speaking to them. I wanted to leave and find another place but it was Sunday morning at 9:45 and places were about to get swamped. I just had to practice more patience. The food was just okay. Nothing outstanding but nothing horrible. After dining in a cozy dining room, we had to stand in yet another line to pay. Overall experience was very stressful to say the least. This has the potential of being a very nice place to visit if they practiced some organization skills and at least had arrows/ signs to show you which way to go.

Visited March 2013
Lansing, Michigan
“Great Breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was recently on a vacation to Anna Maria Island and came to Paradise Bagels. We had been here last year as well and came in a few times for bagels. They have wonderful food. This year I had chocolate chip pancakes and bacon....delicious! Everyone I was with had Eggels (which is basically bacon, egg, and cheese on a bagel but is much better than McDonald's!)...which they loved. It wasn't expensive either. Only about $12 total for my pancakes and bacon (which also came with fresh fruit) and an Eggel which also came with fresh fruit. The people working were very friendly too! Would recommend this café to anyone!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fairport, New York
“Unexpectedly Delicious Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Finding our normal breakfast spot, Peaches, full, we schlepped down the strip mall to Paradise Bagels and Cafe. With lots of tables, but a menu on a blackboard, we weren't sure whether it was table service or pick-up at the counter. Seeing our confusion, one of the busy staff explained that it was order at the counter and self-serve beverages. The blackboard menu had lots of items, but no explanations or prices.

So my Mom ordered a Begian Waffle and I an omelet. What kind of omelet I was asked. Well what do you have and the cook started listing off many options. I chose spinach and tomatoes. "Don't you want some cheese? What are you punishing yourself for?" I went back to the entrance and picked out a couple of bottles of juice. I have to admit I had some trepidation about what kind of food we'd get and how much it would cost.

So I was very pleasantly surprised when I was served at our table a full plate: the large spinach and tomato omelet, some hearty buttered toast, some sliced banana and strawberries and a small dish of strawberry preserves. The omelet was cooked perfectly; the filling was fresh baby spinach and ripe tomato slices (nothing chopped in advance). My Mom's Belgian waffle came with a large dollop of whipped butter, syrup on the side, and the sliced bananas and strawberries (she had nixed the proffered whipped cream). Everything was very good.

The food was served on delightfully mismatched ceramic plates. If you served yourself coffee, you used similarly mismatched ceramic mugs. The decor was part diner, part tropical bistro.

When we finished, the cook totted up what we had, and with tax it came to $18.94. The Cafe accepts credit cards. I thought it very reasonable for the quality and quantity of food and juice we had. As we left we spotted a bunch of printed menus with prices, which we had missed on the way in, so we need not have been so clueless,

• Visited March 2013