“Best Get-Away Motel !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Driftwood Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Holmes Beach
Driftwood Motel
You added Driftwood Motel to your Saves list
5108 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach, Anna Maria Island, FL 34217   |
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Holmes Beach
Bremen, Georgia
“Best Get-Away Motel !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Can not wait until next year when we get to return to the island. Patty was by far the sweetest lady. A close walk to the beach & right across the street from a great little Mexican rest.& shopping center. We got upgraded to the large unit upon our arrival which made the stay that much more comfortable. EXTREMELY clean and anything we needed (ie. irons, dishes, cooking supplies, etc) were supplied. We even snagged some beach chairs the first day from the office ! The beds were super comfortable, to boot ! I cant think of a negative thing to say about it ! As if leaving the beach is ever an easy thing to do; the accomodations made it that much harder. I cant speak well enough about Driftwood Motel & the lady that runs it ! Love, love. love !!!!! Thanks again for more great memories made on AMI !!!

Room Tip: Dont think theres a bad room !!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Vilano Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We will be back! I want to thank the reviews that guided us there and our wonderful hosts at the Driftwood Motel. Our first weekend stay on the Island was perfect for our Anniversary! I highly recommend this little 5 room motel gem. The motel is easy walking distance of various places to eat and shop. You are a short stroll from the beach that you can walk, bike ride or drive. The motel room was roomy, very clean & comfy! The pool was perfect! All the special touches and friendliness of everyone was flawless. The kitchen had every essential you would need to prepare a meal and the added special touches all over including the frosted mugs in the freezer was splendid! AC worked PERFECT! The place is very nicely landscaped, semi-private with a BBQ Grill, tables and chairs outside by the pool plus your rooms. I think it is a great place for just about any occasion. Very accommodating in every way!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Winter Haven, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

The room was very clean and sufficient.it was like a little apartment with dishes,glasses and cookware every thing you needed right at your finger tips. prices were good ,close to the beach about a10 minute walk. the pool was great the owner provides beach towels and even gas grill that you can use. i will surly go again.Becky Cotton

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

Although we were nearly seduced by some very swank resorts, we ultimately decided on this comfortable and super clean little place which was quiet and friendly at a very reasonable price. Loud but constant AC unit completely blocked out any traffic noise and lulled us to sleep after our forays to the beach a five minute walk away. Patty gave us the wireless Internet code and we had all the glassware we needed for a poolside cocktail hour. Super clean - not a grain of sand anywhere, and plenty of bath towels. A perfect, relatively low budget option.

• Stayed July 2011
Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

My 2 children ages 5 and 10 and my boyfriend and I stayed at The Driftwood Motel and had the best time ever. We enjoyed the pool and the beaches were only a stroll down the road. We saved money by not going out to eat every night and cooked every night whether it was a BBQ or in the kitchen type of meal. Patty who was the lady who helped us with the reservations and any accommodations we might have needed commented on our kids being very well behaved. I look forward to coming back on spring break 2011.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

I have stayed in this motel quite a few times. I come down from Michigan with family - grandparents, parents, and kids. It is a 5-10 minute walk down the road to a great beach that is never crowded. One of my favorite things to do was to sneak off to the beach late at night and I would have it all to myself! Very beautiful. The water is never still, but the crashing waves are soothing. Very relaxing.

The only drawback to the motel, I'd say, is that the pool closes very early. It would be fun to have some nighttime swimming, and the parking lot is at a strange angle. But it isn't that hard to get out since the street next to it isn't very busy!

It is a little farther than I'd like from fun attractions, but it just depends on what you want to do. We travelled 20 minutes to an hour on average to the locations we frequented which included Busch Gardens, a great beachside ice cream parlor and gift shoppe, the Orange Grove, a fun lodge-esque restaurant that served aligator nuggets, and another restaurant that always serves free beer tomorrow!

Other than Busch Gardens, our vacation was easy, simple and relaxing. Great for families, couples or a solo travelor that doesn't mind a little driving!

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
Toms River
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

My wife and I stayed for five nights in the beginning of March. The island was quite crowded and we got this place at the last minute. We stayed in # 3. It had two beds, a kitchen area and ample storage. It had a combo air conditioner heater unit which came in handy as it was on the cold side for March. The kitchen had all the things we needed to make a small meal. It had a good sized fridge. There were mugs chilling in the freezer when we arrived. Nice touch. Plenty of hot water in the shower. The tv had a DVD and cassette player built into it. The tile floor was clean. You could walk around in your bare feet without picking up sand. There was an outdoor grill near the pool that we used on one occasion. We rented a tandem bike from Beach Bums on Pine Street. We did a lot of bike riding. We rode over the bridge to the Robinson Preserve which is well worth the effort. You will find a lot of bird life there. The Preserve is quite large so you can do a lot of riding there. There is a tower that you can climb for a good view of the area. Once you are over the draw bridge I would advise you to cross over so that you are on the side with a wide concrete path. You will be riding against traffic but you will be about a dozen feet in from the traffic. You will be much safer then if you ride with the traffic as there is only a narrow area to ride on on this side and the cars are right there with you. Now back to the Driftwood. You are within easy walking distance of various places to eat and shop. You are a short stroll from the beach. You can walk to the library to read or use the computers. This is a busy section of Gulf Drive though so you need to be careful crossing it on foot, or pulling out onto it if you are driving. When biking, try to stay off of Gulf Drive in this area as much as possible. Look at a map and plan your bike trip ahead of time. The motel is on the west side of the roadway, so you do not have to cross it to walk to the beach. There is a convenience store on Gulf Drive fairly near the motel. They have some items if you are in a bind. They actually have a better selection of Craft Brewed Beers then Publix.(in my opinion). They also have a good wine selection. The name of the store escapes me. For the money I think the Driftwood worked out just fine for us. I would be remiss if I did not point out that traffic noise could be a problem for some. As I said the island was packed as were the roads. If you are a light sleeper this could be a problem for you. It did not bother me as we slept quite well after a days exercise. I almost forgot. They have a very attractive small pool. It looked inviting but alas it was just too cold to sample. So, if you are looking for a clean, comfortable, friendly place to stay that will not hit your wallet to hard, then this may be the place for you. It is now on my list for the future.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Haleys Motel and Resort
Haleys Motel and Resort
#8 of 14 in Holmes Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 236 reviews

Been to Driftwood Motel? Share your experiences!