“Paradise!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Angelinos Sea Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Holmes Beach
Angelinos Sea Lodge
2818 Ave E, Holmes Beach, Holmes Beach, Anna Maria Island, FL 34217   |
Ranked #6 of 14 hotels in Holmes Beach
Somerset, New Jersey
“Paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

An absolutely beautiful place. The hosts are always very accommodating. Gorgeous sunsets are the norm. This is my 8th time staying here and I can't wait for my trip to paradise next year. The rooms are immaculately clean and its like you have a private beach.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

Upon arriving...seeing the obvious care taken to tend to the flowers and the yard (not to mention the cleanliness we later experienced in our unit), my husband and I just knew we had made a great choice. As we were admiring the foliage and yard, our host, Richard, was right there to greet us and welcome us to our "home" for the next 3 nights. We stayed in the Barbados suite...such a joy...the warmth of the old world feel (I love decor that is not flamboyant...the earthy Spanish tiled floor complemented by the dark jewel tones of the tiled counters and table...we still are not sure exactly the style...an eclectic old world, Spanish, beach feel)....it was very roomy (both the combined living room/kitchen; bedroom with king-size bed; and the the bathroom). Our view...easily seen from the comfy futon...looked out onto the yard with the beach beyond (just steps away). With each unit having their own patio table and chairs, we also had access to a number of comfortable lounge chairs placed in the most inviting places (and, yet, freely moved to any choice spot), tree swings (2) and a picnic table for evening picnics watching the sunset. I never knew the comfort of "real" shade on a beach...the shadows of a tree are so much more comfortable and pleasant than that which you get from an umbrella. A most pleasurable experience was meeting Ernie...the resident Egret...it became very apparent he welcomes everyone with hopeful eyes of a treat. Though we did not accommodate him he never failed to greet us each morning. During our stay, though we kept to ourselves, we exchanged pleasantries with a diverse crowd...yet, this is not to imply a large gathering....elders who enjoyed the shade while reading; a fishing couple who set out each morn to fish the surf and kept Ernie happy with bait shrimp; and a mother with small children and grandparents. With only 5 or 6 units, Angelinos is a small inn...inviting to all who can accommodate the intimacy of shared surroundings. Richard is a wonderful host...not obtrusive...reminding me of a very accomplished waiter...always in your peripheral vision...available to serve when need. I can go on and on...maybe another time...as said, we will be back!!

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Hot Springs Vlg., AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2009

We stayed at Angelino's for a week on the advice of Anna Maria Island Forum posters. Their advice was spot on. Our unit, "Barbados", was spotlessly clean and very comfortable with a whimsical decor. The unit was well outfitted and the king bed very comfortable. The property has a lot of tropical landscaping and shade, which I'm sure is important when it is hot, since the units face the Gulf and the afternoon sun. There are lots of chaises and other chairs for lounging either in the yard or on the beach. No towel games here. This seems like a mostly adult type place, which we were seeking. It was very quiet, although we did meet the other guests and enjoyed their company. This turned out to be the "old Florida" type atmosphere we had been looking for. The only thing I can fault Angelino's on at all is the patio furniture, some of which has seen better days. But even that is a very minor concern. So if you are looking for theme parks, mega-pools, swim up bars and kids activities -- go elsewhere -- please.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
fort lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2009

We cannot overstate our satisfaction with Angelino's Sea Lodge in Holmes Beach, adjacent to Bradenton Beach on Anna Maria Island. The owner, Richard, lives in the house next to the accommodations and is always available if you need anything. (When we were there, he was hard at work building a Tiki god statue for the front entrance.)

All the rooms were beautifully appointed and had full kitchens and Mexican tile. We would recommend avoiding the lowest price room, The Cancun, as it was a bit cramped and had an extremely noisy air conditioner in the bedroom. The other three units have central A/C.

From your room, it's a short walk across the back lawn to the beautiful beach and the calm waters of the Gulf of Mexico. (Keep an eye out for the many dolphins that frequent the area.)

We originally planned to stay only 2 nights, but we enjoyed the peaceful surroundings so much, we stayed for an additional 2. (After the first night at The Cancun, we switched to The Barbados.)

Fishing, shopping and a variety of restaurants are all nearby. You'll want to take advantage of one of the two bar-b-que grills and have a romantic dinner outside while watching the sunset over the gulf.

nappanee,in
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

We loved it at Angelinos. The scenery is great. We watched dophins swimming from our front window. It was a very short walk to the beach. Our room ( Dominica ) was very clean and nice with a full kitchen stocked with all the dishes you need. Richard was very accomodating and helpful with anything we needed. We are planning to go back next year.

Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

Unfortunately, the place is really clean but although not advertised as such, it is not kid friendly. This place is not suited for families with small to tween kids. My children are very well behaved and we had the upstairs unit which when you walk apparently makes a lot of noise and unfortunately by our third night some really sensative selfish guests had come in; who thought their vacation was more important then our family vacation and decided to blame my son for every little noise they heard. I spent my whole evening panicking after my child; didn't even let him walk (which ruined my vacation) and of course by the next day they went and complained. The owner Richard proceed to tell them that their stay there was more important to him then ours. Also stating to me that kids need to controlled and discipline. He did not give me any benefit of the doubt nor did he ask me my side of the story. I also walked away with the preception that had we not been a Latino family things may have unfolded a little differently. The owner proceed to show no interest in my vacationing there in the future. I had been a guest there on previous occasion and I had never had any problems - therefore leading me to believe that he had no precedent from us as to my children 's behavior and yet he proceed to ask me to leave. This is definitely an adult get-away place so I would not recommend it to anyone with families or to anyone who is not of anglo descent. That is unfortunate for him because this world is going to get smaller and smaller for him.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Bloomfield Hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

What a great find. This place was so laid back you would think you are in the
50's Richard the owner was so nice and very down to earth guy. We had a great time.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Angelinos Sea Lodge? Share your experiences!