“Angelinos Sea Lodge Gave us the Stars! :)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Angelinos Sea Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Holmes Beach
Angelinos Sea Lodge
Save Saved
You added Angelinos Sea Lodge to your Saves list
2818 Ave E, Holmes Beach, Holmes Beach, Anna Maria Island, FL 34217   |
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Holmes Beach
Los Angeles, California
“Angelinos Sea Lodge Gave us the Stars! :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

Before my stay, I heard many great things about Angelinos Sea Lodge. I like to do research before my trips to find the best lodge & found out that Angelinos Sea Lodge had been written up by local newspapers the Sun & the Islander & reported on by Bay News TV & ABC.

I was excited to check out the location, as all the sources were saying that the Lodge really takes you to the stars! When i arrived, I was blown away by the attention to detail during my stay. On top of a beautiful property, owners Richard & Lynn should only receive five stars & gave us all the stars in the sky on our visit.

I was really impressed with their amazing Swiss Robinson Family double deck tree house, right on the beach. If there were a contest for the best tree house, Angelinos would win with its detail & unusual design over the Gulf of Mexico.

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for allowing us to share this magical place!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

My wife and I have just returned from a three week stay at Angelinos and found it as great a place to holiday as we have in our 5 previous visits. The rooms were immaculate, well equipped, and afforded great sunsets. Richard, our onsite host, worked tirelessly to make sure our stay was comfortable and convenient. Best of all was the quiet and seclusion in this the quaint,Tahaitian landscaped beachfront.
We have already booked for next year.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

What I great place to come to. I currently live in Texas and decided to go on a trip with my wife. I have never been in such a great place that makes me feel like home. If I come back to this area I will surely stay here again. I can't think of anything that I would change from this place. thank you so much Mr. Richard...

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011 via mobile

This is our 8th time staying at angelino's.. Rich & Lynn are wonderful hosts.. Our cottage was immaculate & so comfortable..each year a new addition to their beautiful property.. A tree house on the beach! This is our paradise !! Hope to bring our whole family one year

• Stayed November 2011
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

We loved this hotel, situated on the best beach in Florida - much like Hawaii or Tahiti. Clean, sunny rooms and quiet breezes added to the perfect getaway. The owners were great, everything is easily accessible by bike or foot, or a short drive. Nice Kitchen to cook in.

Relaxed on the miles long beach and read 3 books. I would recommend the Sea Lodge to everyone who loves to get away and relax. No pool, but I did not miss it. Also we loved the giant tiki fountain, waterfalls and landscaping.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the Aruba Unit
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Rock Island, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

This was one of the most unwelcoming and uncomfortable trips I have ever been on. I researched beach lodges on the internet for quite some time, and read all the great reviews of Angelino's Sea Lodge, so I emailed them and booked a trip for October. I told the owner Lynn that it would be me, my wife of 16 years, and our three girls ages 8-2. Lynn booked the trip and told us we would be welcome. However, when we arrived, we were made to feel VERY uncomfortable for bringing our children along. Richard asked us "How did you find out about us, this is an adult resort?!" and said, "Please keep your children off the courtyard." So essentially, we couldn't use 50% of the resort that we paid to experience! I totally understand if a place is an adult resort, but they should TELL THE CUSTOMERS that before they rent! We would have gladly found a different resort. The kicker was, when we arrived, I visited the other 2 residents of the beach house and told them if our kids were loud, just let us know. I also asked Richard, the owner's husband, what rules we should follow to make the trip enjoyable for everyone. I was VERY cognizant of courtesies, and yet, we were made to feel like second-class citizens. When my 8 year old daughter was sweeping the steps of our condo, Richard said, "yeah, you got some pretty dirty steps there." instead of saying "thanks." He also berated us for playing with lizards, eating breakfast on our patio (quietly!), and for bringing in so many groceries?! ---- Even if it was just me and my wife, we would stil skip Angelino's Sea Lodge, because Lynn and/or Richard are outside nearly the entire time acting like hawks. It was very uncomfortable, and we wish we got some money back. If you are going to make people with children (even WELL-BEHAVED children) feel so unwelcome, then DON'T RENT TO THEM!!!!!!!! We will never stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

I second all of the positive reviews about the friendliness of the B&B owners and the comfort/beauty of the location and outdoor facilities. The grounds are spectacular. But I wouldn't stay there again if my only choice were Cancun. Although the room looks bright in photos, significant lighting is needed to capture such a sunny airy view. Little if any natural light found its way into Cancun, particularly into the middle living room space. The floor was painted concrete and felt cold and dank on bare feet. Linens were clammy and at night I could hear all of the bathroom activity from above and all the way down the drains ... uncomfortably close at hand. Insufficient electrical outlets meant lots of extension cords and multi-pronged plugins. Nice, well stocked kitchen with a window out towards the Gulf, this was the nicest room of the lodging.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo

Been to Angelinos Sea Lodge? Share your experiences!