“Fantastic Beach Escape” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Holmes Beach
Los Angeles, California
“Fantastic Beach Escape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

We loved this hotel, situated on the best beach in Florida - much like Hawaii or Tahiti. Clean, sunny rooms and quiet breezes added to the perfect getaway. The owners were great, everything is easily accessible by bike or foot, or a short drive. Nice Kitchen to cook in.

Relaxed on the miles long beach and read 3 books. I would recommend the Sea Lodge to everyone who loves to get away and relax. No pool, but I did not miss it. Also we loved the giant tiki fountain, waterfalls and landscaping.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the Aruba Unit
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Rock Island, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

This was one of the most unwelcoming and uncomfortable trips I have ever been on. I researched beach lodges on the internet for quite some time, and read all the great reviews of Angelino's Sea Lodge, so I emailed them and booked a trip for October. I told the owner Lynn that it would be me, my wife of 16 years, and our three girls ages 8-2. Lynn booked the trip and told us we would be welcome. However, when we arrived, we were made to feel VERY uncomfortable for bringing our children along. Richard asked us "How did you find out about us, this is an adult resort?!" and said, "Please keep your children off the courtyard." So essentially, we couldn't use 50% of the resort that we paid to experience! I totally understand if a place is an adult resort, but they should TELL THE CUSTOMERS that before they rent! We would have gladly found a different resort. The kicker was, when we arrived, I visited the other 2 residents of the beach house and told them if our kids were loud, just let us know. I also asked Richard, the owner's husband, what rules we should follow to make the trip enjoyable for everyone. I was VERY cognizant of courtesies, and yet, we were made to feel like second-class citizens. When my 8 year old daughter was sweeping the steps of our condo, Richard said, "yeah, you got some pretty dirty steps there." instead of saying "thanks." He also berated us for playing with lizards, eating breakfast on our patio (quietly!), and for bringing in so many groceries?! ---- Even if it was just me and my wife, we would stil skip Angelino's Sea Lodge, because Lynn and/or Richard are outside nearly the entire time acting like hawks. It was very uncomfortable, and we wish we got some money back. If you are going to make people with children (even WELL-BEHAVED children) feel so unwelcome, then DON'T RENT TO THEM!!!!!!!! We will never stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

I second all of the positive reviews about the friendliness of the B&B owners and the comfort/beauty of the location and outdoor facilities. The grounds are spectacular. But I wouldn't stay there again if my only choice were Cancun. Although the room looks bright in photos, significant lighting is needed to capture such a sunny airy view. Little if any natural light found its way into Cancun, particularly into the middle living room space. The floor was painted concrete and felt cold and dank on bare feet. Linens were clammy and at night I could hear all of the bathroom activity from above and all the way down the drains ... uncomfortably close at hand. Insufficient electrical outlets meant lots of extension cords and multi-pronged plugins. Nice, well stocked kitchen with a window out towards the Gulf, this was the nicest room of the lodging.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

I recently celebrated my 45th birthday at Angelinos and must admit it was the "icing on the cake".From the moment we arrived until the day we departed everything was absolutely perfect. The owner's were extremely friendly and helpful, the property is immaculate and the rooms are spotless & spacious. I particulary enjoyed the peace and tranguillity that Angelinos offers.I would HIGHLY recommend this lodge to those that are looking for a quite get away. I will certainly go back as soon as possible.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Brandon, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

I have stayed at several places on Anna Maria Island and this is by far the BEST. It started out with a very warm greeting by the owners who were very accomadating through the whole stay. The suite was perfect and the ground and views were paradise. I really did not want to leave. Will definetly be back and will not stay anywhere else.
Ellen

Room Tip: We had the Barbados suite and it was perfect for 4 adults. The batrhroom is accessible without goin...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Norman, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Just returned from a week at Angelino's Sea Lodge and cannot say enough about it. Our room was perfect for the two of us, the beach was incredible and the grounds are gorgeous. Richard works so hard you feel guilty being a beach bum. However, all his hard work shows. The grounds are very well landscaped and maintained. He was working on the outdoor swing that looks over the ocean and we were so impressed with the finished product. They didn't want it to look like your ordinary swing but exactly like the tree trunk next to it!!! They are also building a tree house that had everyone walking on the beach stopping and staring. I have no doubt it will be amazing when finished. Hoping I can go back next year to see it! If you are looking for a quiet, laid back property where you can relax in the sun or shade...this is the spot for you! One of my favorite beach vacations EVER!!!! I would highly recommend it and would go again in a heartbeat!

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
martinsburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

This is my third year at Angelinos Sea Lodge, and I have already booked for next year. My grandson ,who was seven when he started comming here, had a fantastic time. He loves it here because it has a little bit of everything he likes, swimming , fishing, cool and intersting gardens and grounds. lights at night and the coolest six foot TIKI fountain that he had ever seen. He also likes talking with Richard who was very kind and accomadating.
The rooms have old Florida charm, wonderful, clean and comfortable. It is quite, beautiful and hard to explaine the magic of this place.
I love it here, and sit on the shadded beach with tall pines blowing or lay on the sunny beach in suclusion. Just cant say enough!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Angelinos Sea Lodge? Share your experiences!