“Convenient and cute” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Anna Maria, Florida
“Convenient and cute”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

The menu isnt too varied but the food is good, quick and convenient. Everything is prepared fresh, and its an easy place for lunch with kids.

Visited August 2012

Kitchener
“Party Of 5 All Happy - Mean Owner/Manager to Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We arrived just as it started to pour out - luckily we got a table because everyone started coming in out of the rain from the beach I think - it got packed fast. We were on AMI for an extended holiday from Canada. The kids tried Tortilla Bay last year so we all went this year - they loved it and now so do we. My wife had the fish tacos - I tried one and it was excellent. I had the taco trio - very good - actually, no complaints at all here - place was clean - not everyone wanted soda so we were given cups and lemon to fill up at the drink station with water. The only negative comment we all had (the kids noticed first) was how mean the owner / manager was to the employees - yes it was busy but she was just outright mean to them. I hope it was a one time thing - big turn off when this type of thing goes on while enjoying a meal. We were constantly reminded to relax it's "island time" - put up with delays and unexpected changes it's the way it is - the owner needs to take the AMI advice and chill out.

We'll be back but I hope the owner has come to terms with her employees by then.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bradenton Beach, Florida
“So disappointed. What happened?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I reviewed Tortilla Bay in May, when I got hooked on their Sunshine Salad with pork. I live here, and eat there often. Not anymore. Just got a take out 'meal' from there, and was highly disappointed. My Sunshine Salad w/pork, was PORKLESS...not much of anything there but lettuce and black beans. My son's CHICKEN tacos were 80% tomatoes. Unfortunately, this is not the first time this has happened. I'm a die hard fan of this place, so I keep going back in hopes that things will get better or at least back to 'normal'. It's time to throw in the towel though...doesn't look like things are going to change. The queso was delicious per usual, but it's a SIDE dish. The 'kitchen staff' looked unprofessional and uninterested, and the young girl at the counter appeared to be new because she had to look up the prices before ringing us up. Speaking of prices. They have gone up. I work in the food business, so I totally understand price increase. I do not expect to get more food due to a higher price, but I DO expect to get the SAME amount of food as before. Living here and working here, I've heard others comment on the somewhat downward spiral this place seems to be taking, and it's sad. The food use to be excellent and you always felt welcomed when you walked in. I hope the owners fix things soon, before they become irrepairable. I only gave it an extra star because the queso was good.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Roselle, Illinois
“I'll pass”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

The food was okay but less than special. With all of the cute restaurants in Anna Maria Island I was sorry that we wasted a meal at Torilla Bay. No atmosphere with indifferent staff. I guess okay if you're just looking for fast food carry out.

Visited July 2012
OH
“Excellent little place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Great little place, excellent food and a friendly staff. Food was great, fresh salsa and Pico de Gallo. Excellent fish tacos, and beach bum burrito was very good. An easy place to miss but one we difinately won't miss the next time. The only place we ate twice on our one week stay.

• Visited July 2012