“One Night Stay After Airline Cancellation” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #22 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
Lincoln
“One Night Stay After Airline Cancellation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

We spent the night at this hotel on Feb. 2,2014, after American Airlines cancelled our flight out of Ft. Lauderdale to Dallas. The airline payed for this hotel and we have to say we found the stay here very nice. Check-in was easy and our room was very nice and quiet. They had a pretty nice bar and restaurant with prices with what you would expect. They provided a free shuttle to the airport the next day which was nice. We would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
HolidayFLL, Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
MizzouLincoln,

We are happy that you stayed with us. I'm sure the canceled flight was a little frustrating, but I'm sure that our staff in the restaurant was able to make you feel right at home.

Come back and see us!

302 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Chesterfield, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Nice clean hotel, pool area was very nice even though we did not use it. A fee of $10 pp for the shuttle to the cruise port. The shuttle was very organized. A hint, if you can take the later shuttle, less crowded! The associates at the desk were pleasant and we had no complaints. The price was more than a normal Holiday Inn, but you are paying for the proximity of the airport and cruise terminal.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Lloyd,

Thanks so much for staying with us and the great review of our property! We hope to see you again soon the next time you cruise out of Fort Lauderdale.

Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

My wife & I and two friends were stranded at Fort Lauderdale airport due to the ice storm in Atlanta. The airlines already took our luguage so we had nothing. The van driver picked us up at the airport and took us to the hotel. The people at the Holiday Inn could not have been nicer. Not only did they get us two rooms, they provided toothpaste & brushes; deodorant; combs; shaving cream & razors and other necessities. We ate in their restaurant and the food was outstanding. All the people working at the Hoilday Inn could not have been more welcoming. We were very thankful for the even transported us back to the airport when we were able to fly home. The manager - Shawn and desk clerk - Adriana were just fantastic. All four of us will definitely recommend this Holiday Inn.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
HolidayFLL, Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
SirhcPhoenix,

We are very happy that hear that you were 100% elated with your stay. When your travels bring you back to Fort Lauderdale (hopefully you wont be stranded, and have luggage this time) we hope to see you again!!

Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Me and my wife stayed at this hotel. We booked a King Bed room online but they gave our room away and put us in a room with two queen beds. We also had roaches in room. They were crawling in the bathtub and on the floor and the bedroom. When I mentioned it to the hotel rep he told me that we could go stay somewhere else if we weren't happy. Not only that the people that were on the trip with us found a roach in their room. The customer service rep who I believe was named Dave told me that I can go stay at the Days Inn. I was in disbelief. Horrible hotel and customer service was bad. I have pictures of the roaches and video of the rude customer service that I will soon be posting on you tube. The customer service rep changed his tune when I told him I was video taping him. I can't wait to post the video and pictures. Not to mention there was a false fire alarm the next in the morning. Feel free to email me at dbcell123@yahoo.com and I will send the pictures and video to prove my point.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Check into to a rude front desk gentleman named Tony. I am use to being greeted and welcomed as an IHG member and introduced to the hotel. He was very a matter of a fact and no smile or welcoming. When I checked out it was the same thing, the front desk person totally blew me off as I had a compliant about how I woke up to my room smelling like cigarettes from people smoking on the deck out side my door. She said absolutely nothing and went back to tapping away at her computer. So much for their slogan printed everywhere about making sure you have a great stay or they will make it right. The only saving grace was the pregnant bartender, she was delightful and friendly. I stay in this area several times a month and was trying out a new hotel, big mistake I will continue to stay at the Hyatt Place.

Stayed January 2014
HolidayFLL, Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Kevin,

I am very sorry to hear of your less than perfect stay with us. It is true that we strive for 100% guest satisfaction, and again we are sorry you did not receive this during your stay with us. I do invite you back to visit our hotel again, to see what we are truly all about. I guarantee that this is a fluke and will not happen again.

Please contact me directly to make your reservations.

Assistant Manager
954-925-9100
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

The Hotel was great. Clean and very nice, Rooms were great. Pool was awsome. They had a huge pool with a water foutain. Staff and Service was great.
The only think I would complain abou was the Breakfast Buffet cost$35.00 for 2 and it was no different then what I have found on other Holiday Inn Buffet for free. Other than that great stay

Room Tip: I say all room are great. No complaint on the room
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
PRunion,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our property. We are glad that you had an opportunity to enjoy our breakfast, and found our location convenient. Please come back and see us again.

Fargo, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We ended up staying at this hotel as our flight was cancelled and this was where the airline put us up. I was happy with the front desk staff and happy with our rooms. They were spacious and very clean. The pool and hot tub area is very nice and that was where we spent a majority of our time. The restaurant there is also very good. Nice service and very reasonable prices for the portion sizes that you get. The only disappointing service we had was the shuttle service. There was 2 shuttles running every 30 min, but we waited almost 2 hours to get shuttled back to the airport and another full hour if not longer on the way back to the hotel. The next morning when we left to fly home we scheduled a shuttle almost 3 hours before our flight to be sure we would be there on time. If you stay here, you might want to think about getting a taxi to bring you to and from the airport so you don't miss your flight.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
HolidayFLL, Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We are very sorry to hear that your shuttle was so late. As you can see from previous ratings, that is not normal for us here at the Holiday Inn Hollywood. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction. Please allow us the opportunity to serve you and your family again.

Shawn Townsend

Been to Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport? Share your experiences!