“Nice hotel, needs more staff, better communication” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #22 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
New Port Richey, Florida
“Nice hotel, needs more staff, better communication”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

My family booked 3 rooms when we were in town for a wedding. The rooms were big & nice. I loved the room darkening shades. The hotel has a very small restaurant but we were told we could also eat in the lounge or outside, overlooking the pool with waterfall. Our room rate included free breakfast for 2 adults but there was confusion the first morning about what the coupon covered. A waitress told us the coupon was a $20 value so we got the $10 buffet rather than wait to order but then a waiter told us that the coupon was for a specific meal & that we would be charged for the buffet. I told the manager we weren't paying for breakfast twice & the bill was corrected. The next morning the waitress & manager confirmed that the buffet was indeed covered by our room rate. Our biggest complaint was the fact that I called the front desk at 1:15 to ask when our rooms would be cleaned & the housekeeper came to our room 3 hrs later, just as we were getting ready for the wedding. They need more staff for housekeeping & for the restaurant.

Stayed November 2013
HolidayFLL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for taking your time and writing a review of our hotel.We value your feedback .We are sorry that you had a problem with breakfast and housekeeping cleaning your room during your stay .We are currently using this information to correct any issues for future guests. We ask that you accept our apologies. If you have anyquestions please feel free to contact me ,

Best regards ,

Saner Unal
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Worcester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We stayed here in the final night of our holiday hoping to chill out prior to our early morning flight and that's exactly what we did. We were able to soak up the afternoon and evening sun at the lovely pool area followed by a drink in the attractively lit and friendly bar. We did not use the restaurant therefore are unable to comment on the food.

We we were impressed with the hotels own free shuttle service as we were able to book a specific shuttle upon check in it the hotel, and the shuttle together with friendly driver were waiting for us at 7.00 am while we were checking out.

The room and bathroom were furnished to a high standard, we turned off the air con as it was a little loud and we did not really need it. The bed was very comfortable.

Just across a quite road is Denny's and a Macdonalds, there is also a petrol station which sells snack and drinks next door.

Overall we were very satisfied with this hotel which exactly met our needs.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Was in ft lauderdale on business. The hotel is convenient located right off 95, and its about 30 minutes to miami beach. Hotel was very clean built in 1995, but looks very new. Nice pool, outdoor/bar cocktail area. the rooms were spacious, beds very comfortable. Had a late dinner at the lounge ( soup and salad), food was ok. Had breakfast in the restaurant that too was ok.The business center was well equipped. Convenient to the airport. I can't forget about the staff who were all very friendly and accomodating. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: I always request upper floors. less noise
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed here for a night before going on a cruise. The rooms were quite large and nicely furnished. Most importantly, everything was very clean. The bathrooms were newly renovated. We had the breakfast buffet and the food was quite good and reasonably priced. Although we did not use it, the pool outside was beautiful and the grounds were nicely kept. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Thank you to Danny, Laurette and Shawn for a great stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Coarsegold, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I was pleased with this stay. It was a brief stay. The room was more thans atisfacory. It was reasonably sized and comfortable. The service was good. The rate was reasonable. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I stayed here a few weeks ago over the holiday weekend and have been meaning to post a review for a while. I have two ratings: The hotel stay was a 4/4.5 and the customer service as a follow up to my stay is a 1. I'd give a 2.5 total if it was possible to give halves.

The hotel is right off Highway 95, Exit 21.

Free parking, just feet away from the Shell gas station where you can load up on snacks. There's a Days Inn and a 24 hour Denny's across the lot.

I stayed at the end of the top floor so I didn't have to worry about elevator traffic and noise. The room had a microwave and fridge (make sure you have your own silver/plasticware) a ceiling fan and clean bedsheets (past experience at other hotels makes me more aware about this). I read a previous comment from someone who had trouble with the curtains but mine closed just fine.

Decent channel selection. Business center has two computers, a printer and recycling bins.

The restaurant closes at 10 and the bar closes at 11.

Before your stay, sign up for the IHG rewards. As a member I was given the option of a free drink at the bar or a free bottle of water. I was also given a paper voucher to use at the restaurant that would get me IHG member points if I spent over a certain amount. Lai O was my server and she made me very welcome.

=================

Now, The NOT-so-good things related to the stay:

-Only two elevators, which can be pretty slow

-Internet is free with a login and password but the speed can be a little choppy and slow and I found myself having to login everytime I came back to my computer.

-As mentioned, the front desk gave me a voucher when I first checked in stating that I would gain IHG Member Points if I spent a certain amount of money at the restaurant. I redeemed my voucher but days after my stay my points weren't reflected on IHG's site. After a long call with IHG customer service they said I would need the voucher number from the hotel, which was not on the cut out piece of paper the Hotel provided me initially.

I called the hotel, spoke to a young lady (M) who placed me on hold for about six minutes until the call timed out and I was disconnected.

I called again, she placed me on hold again since she was checking in someone and the same thing happened until I was disconnected.

I called right back a THIRD time and instead of placing me on hold she transferred me to the manager who answered the call in an annoyed tone and explained their process of accounting for the used vouchers, during which there was no mention of a voucher number and told me to allow a few weeks for it to be processed. Before I could say much else he hung up the phone.

I called back a FOURTH time and asked the young lady for the manager's name, which she provided (Dave Vogel/Fogel).

This experience was in stark contrast to the service I received during my stay and I don't want to hold it against Holiday Inn or IHG, but it's not a good representation at all, whether staff is overextended or not. I have second thoughts about returning as a result. I still don't have my points, either.

Room Tip: I had a end room on the top floor, no problems.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear homemdomundo,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is truly regrettable to see the service you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We were very pleased to see your high scores for Cleanliness, Rooms, and the Value. We take all of our reviews, both positive and negative, very seriously. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on an overnight on our way out of Ft. Lauderdale. We wish it had been more than an overnight!!! The staff was so courteous and welcoming, very accommodating also. We were bummed that we couldn't enjoy the pool or the bar, but we both agreed we would gladly make a point of it to return for a weekend *staycation* (we are from the other side of the state, about an hour away).... Breakfast buffet was just okay, however. Simple continental options, with a few hot food choices. As nice as our waitress was, she hovered, and we felt slightly rushed. We would gladly return upon our next weekend getaway to Ft. Lauderdale, but we will $most definitely be waiting until the price falls back down to the $80-$100 price range we managed to book with the first time around!

Room Tip: A room overlooking the pool would have been my first preference, as our view was the parking lot.. o...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport? Share your experiences!