“Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
Coarsegold, California
“Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I was pleased with this stay. It was a brief stay. The room was more thans atisfacory. It was reasonably sized and comfortable. The service was good. The rate was reasonable. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I stayed here a few weeks ago over the holiday weekend and have been meaning to post a review for a while. I have two ratings: The hotel stay was a 4/4.5 and the customer service as a follow up to my stay is a 1. I'd give a 2.5 total if it was possible to give halves.

The hotel is right off Highway 95, Exit 21.

Free parking, just feet away from the Shell gas station where you can load up on snacks. There's a Days Inn and a 24 hour Denny's across the lot.

I stayed at the end of the top floor so I didn't have to worry about elevator traffic and noise. The room had a microwave and fridge (make sure you have your own silver/plasticware) a ceiling fan and clean bedsheets (past experience at other hotels makes me more aware about this). I read a previous comment from someone who had trouble with the curtains but mine closed just fine.

Decent channel selection. Business center has two computers, a printer and recycling bins.

The restaurant closes at 10 and the bar closes at 11.

Before your stay, sign up for the IHG rewards. As a member I was given the option of a free drink at the bar or a free bottle of water. I was also given a paper voucher to use at the restaurant that would get me IHG member points if I spent over a certain amount. Lai O was my server and she made me very welcome.

=================

Now, The NOT-so-good things related to the stay:

-Only two elevators, which can be pretty slow

-Internet is free with a login and password but the speed can be a little choppy and slow and I found myself having to login everytime I came back to my computer.

-As mentioned, the front desk gave me a voucher when I first checked in stating that I would gain IHG Member Points if I spent a certain amount of money at the restaurant. I redeemed my voucher but days after my stay my points weren't reflected on IHG's site. After a long call with IHG customer service they said I would need the voucher number from the hotel, which was not on the cut out piece of paper the Hotel provided me initially.

I called the hotel, spoke to a young lady (M) who placed me on hold for about six minutes until the call timed out and I was disconnected.

I called again, she placed me on hold again since she was checking in someone and the same thing happened until I was disconnected.

I called right back a THIRD time and instead of placing me on hold she transferred me to the manager who answered the call in an annoyed tone and explained their process of accounting for the used vouchers, during which there was no mention of a voucher number and told me to allow a few weeks for it to be processed. Before I could say much else he hung up the phone.

I called back a FOURTH time and asked the young lady for the manager's name, which she provided (Dave Vogel/Fogel).

This experience was in stark contrast to the service I received during my stay and I don't want to hold it against Holiday Inn or IHG, but it's not a good representation at all, whether staff is overextended or not. I have second thoughts about returning as a result. I still don't have my points, either.

Room Tip: I had a end room on the top floor, no problems.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear homemdomundo,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is truly regrettable to see the service you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We were very pleased to see your high scores for Cleanliness, Rooms, and the Value. We take all of our reviews, both positive and negative, very seriously. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on an overnight on our way out of Ft. Lauderdale. We wish it had been more than an overnight!!! The staff was so courteous and welcoming, very accommodating also. We were bummed that we couldn't enjoy the pool or the bar, but we both agreed we would gladly make a point of it to return for a weekend *staycation* (we are from the other side of the state, about an hour away).... Breakfast buffet was just okay, however. Simple continental options, with a few hot food choices. As nice as our waitress was, she hovered, and we felt slightly rushed. We would gladly return upon our next weekend getaway to Ft. Lauderdale, but we will $most definitely be waiting until the price falls back down to the $80-$100 price range we managed to book with the first time around!

Room Tip: A room overlooking the pool would have been my first preference, as our view was the parking lot.. o...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bowie, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stayed here as a distressed passenger and checked-in on a night where many people who had missed their flights were staying at this location. Overall - the hotel is decent, though there were some missed opportunities.

The manager on duty who checked me in refused to take my IHG Rewards Club member, stating that since the airline was paying for my room, I would not earn any rewards points. While that may be true, IHG Rewards club still affords members benefits that have nothing to do with earning points, i,e. the opportunity to be recognized, possibly upgraded, or even granted a late check out if applicable. I got none of that at check-in. The night auditor did give me a free bottle of water when I checked out after I told her I was a Platinum member.

Oh yeah - and the hotel never gave me my requested wake-up call. Good thing I set my phone alarm to wake me up. It was scheduled for 4:30am - as I had to the hotel's airport shuttle at 5am.

The sleeping rooms here are average. I got put in what seemed like a wheelchair accessible room, with guard rails in the shower, but I could be wrong. The top electrical outlet by the bed was non-functional which was a pain, because I either had to charge my phone OR have the lamp on - not both.

The highlight of the evening was dinner in the restaurant. Renata was our waitress. She was friendly and eager to help us. Plus - she is tall, cute and had this Eastern European accent to die for that melted my heart away. The food was pretty good, too.

All in all - the hotel suited my needs for the evening. Though there were some missed opportunities, I'd still probably come back again and it give another whirl if I was back in town again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Gainesville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I have found this hotel to be overpriced and the restaurant is consistently horrible. Other than that, the pool is incredible, the bar is nice, the rooms are clean and they have the best desk clerk in any hotel, Lucy. Her friendliness and up beat attitude makes coming to Hollywood a pleasure after a long day of working out of town.

Room Tip: Breakfast is good, dinner is terrible at the restaurant. Find somewhere else. Las Vegas Cuban Rest...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
ERivera1, Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Holiday Inn Airport and Cruise Port. We value your feedback. Your kind words are encouraging. They are a reflection of hard work and dedication from our staff.We are very happy somebody like Lucy in our team for a long time . It will be a pleasure to have you stay with us again.If there is anything we can do to make it even better please let us know ,

Best Regards,

Asisstan GM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

we stayed post cruise, the hotel is in a great location easy to find. the hotel staff was very nice. the pool was beautiful. we will stay here again. We did not get the breakfest package as there was a denny's acrossed the road.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
ERivera1, Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for taking your time and writing a review to a Trip Advisor.We definetely value your feedback.We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.One recommandation ;next time you may wanna try our delicious breakfast with a great service ,so you don't have to go to Denny's .
If there is anything we can do better in your next stay ,please let us know.

Best regards,
Assistant GM
puerto rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed in this hotel after a cruise vacation. This hotel is convenient and has access to all major highways. The rooms are very nice with all the necessary amenities, including a mini fridge. However, I have to state that the air conditioner is a major problem here. Our room had occupancy sensor installed that made my nights miserable. I had to wave my hand almost every half hour in order for the A/C to work, otherwise it will shut down and you will begin sweating.

I recommend the administration to fine tune this system or otherwise find another way to save on electricity. I will not stay here again unless this problem is fixed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ERivera1, Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Holiday Inn Airport and Cruise Port. We value your feedback. Your kind words are encouraging. They are a reflection of hard work and dedication from our staff. It will be a pleasure to have you stay with us again.If there is anything we can do to make it even better please let us know ,

Best Regards,

Asisstan GM

Been to Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport? Share your experiences!