Stayed here as a distressed passenger and checked-in on a night where many people who had missed their flights were staying at this location. Overall - the hotel is decent, though there were some missed opportunities.
The manager on duty who checked me in refused to take my IHG Rewards Club member, stating that since the airline was paying for my room, I would not earn any rewards points. While that may be true, IHG Rewards club still affords members benefits that have nothing to do with earning points, i,e. the opportunity to be recognized, possibly upgraded, or even granted a late check out if applicable. I got none of that at check-in. The night auditor did give me a free bottle of water when I checked out after I told her I was a Platinum member.
Oh yeah - and the hotel never gave me my requested wake-up call. Good thing I set my phone alarm to wake me up. It was scheduled for 4:30am - as I had to the hotel's airport shuttle at 5am.
The sleeping rooms here are average. I got put in what seemed like a wheelchair accessible room, with guard rails in the shower, but I could be wrong. The top electrical outlet by the bed was non-functional which was a pain, because I either had to charge my phone OR have the lamp on - not both.
The highlight of the evening was dinner in the restaurant. Renata was our waitress. She was friendly and eager to help us. Plus - she is tall, cute and had this Eastern European accent to die for that melted my heart away. The food was pretty good, too.
All in all - the hotel suited my needs for the evening. Though there were some missed opportunities, I'd still probably come back again and it give another whirl if I was back in town again.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport Hotel Hollywood
- Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport Hotel
- Holiday Inn Ft Lauderdale Airport
- Holiday Inn Hollywood
- Hollywood Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel features 32' LCD flat screen TVs, microwave and refrigerators in all rooms. Overlook our stunning new tropical pool area with a large heated pool, Jacuzzi and pool bar. Holiday Inn Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport is perfect for corporate travelers and families alike, the hotel is conveniently located near Ft. Lauderdale , Port Everglades, Dolphin Stadium and just 15 minutes north of Miami. There's Hollywood Beach, where you can indulge yourself in the wonderful sunshine and explore the famous Boardwalk. Also, don't forget the nearby attractions of Fort Lauderdale which bring visitors from around the world. Enjoy superb dining at our indoor/outdoor Cafe Aquatica or in the Rendezvous Reef Lounge with it's great atmosphere, whether inside or out on the terrace which overlooks our refreshing tropical pool area and waterfall. Holiday Inn Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport is located at I-95 and Sheridan Street. The hotel provides a complimentary shuttle service to and from the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport (Daily 5:00 AM - 11:59 PM).Complimentary Shuttle service to the Port Everglades available (Daily 5:00 AM - 11:59 PM). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.