“Good, not Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
Bowie, Maryland
“Good, not Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stayed here as a distressed passenger and checked-in on a night where many people who had missed their flights were staying at this location. Overall - the hotel is decent, though there were some missed opportunities.

The manager on duty who checked me in refused to take my IHG Rewards Club member, stating that since the airline was paying for my room, I would not earn any rewards points. While that may be true, IHG Rewards club still affords members benefits that have nothing to do with earning points, i,e. the opportunity to be recognized, possibly upgraded, or even granted a late check out if applicable. I got none of that at check-in. The night auditor did give me a free bottle of water when I checked out after I told her I was a Platinum member.

Oh yeah - and the hotel never gave me my requested wake-up call. Good thing I set my phone alarm to wake me up. It was scheduled for 4:30am - as I had to the hotel's airport shuttle at 5am.

The sleeping rooms here are average. I got put in what seemed like a wheelchair accessible room, with guard rails in the shower, but I could be wrong. The top electrical outlet by the bed was non-functional which was a pain, because I either had to charge my phone OR have the lamp on - not both.

The highlight of the evening was dinner in the restaurant. Renata was our waitress. She was friendly and eager to help us. Plus - she is tall, cute and had this Eastern European accent to die for that melted my heart away. The food was pretty good, too.

All in all - the hotel suited my needs for the evening. Though there were some missed opportunities, I'd still probably come back again and it give another whirl if I was back in town again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Gainesville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I have found this hotel to be overpriced and the restaurant is consistently horrible. Other than that, the pool is incredible, the bar is nice, the rooms are clean and they have the best desk clerk in any hotel, Lucy. Her friendliness and up beat attitude makes coming to Hollywood a pleasure after a long day of working out of town.

Room Tip: Breakfast is good, dinner is terrible at the restaurant. Find somewhere else. Las Vegas Cuban Rest...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
ERivera1, Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Holiday Inn Airport and Cruise Port. We value your feedback. Your kind words are encouraging. They are a reflection of hard work and dedication from our staff.We are very happy somebody like Lucy in our team for a long time . It will be a pleasure to have you stay with us again.If there is anything we can do to make it even better please let us know ,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

we stayed post cruise, the hotel is in a great location easy to find. the hotel staff was very nice. the pool was beautiful. we will stay here again. We did not get the breakfest package as there was a denny's acrossed the road.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
ERivera1, Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for taking your time and writing a review to a Trip Advisor.We definetely value your feedback.We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.One recommandation ;next time you may wanna try our delicious breakfast with a great service ,so you don't have to go to Denny's .
If there is anything we can do better in your next stay ,please let us know.

Best regards,
Assistant GM
puerto rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed in this hotel after a cruise vacation. This hotel is convenient and has access to all major highways. The rooms are very nice with all the necessary amenities, including a mini fridge. However, I have to state that the air conditioner is a major problem here. Our room had occupancy sensor installed that made my nights miserable. I had to wave my hand almost every half hour in order for the A/C to work, otherwise it will shut down and you will begin sweating.

I recommend the administration to fine tune this system or otherwise find another way to save on electricity. I will not stay here again unless this problem is fixed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ERivera1, Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Holiday Inn Airport and Cruise Port. We value your feedback. Your kind words are encouraging. They are a reflection of hard work and dedication from our staff. It will be a pleasure to have you stay with us again.If there is anything we can do to make it even better please let us know ,

Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

The hotel appeared to be extremely warm for Florida.. elevators, main areas and hallways. We were there just to sleep.. got there around 12am.. to my big surprise the drapes don't close.. so I had the room all light up because of the street lighting!! awful! I tried to close it but of course you can't because it's not meant to be closed.. then at 7 or 8 am the sun right at your window!
The other complaint.. front desk over the phone was very unfriendly.. when I was trying to reserve the phone.. it took me three different calls to get the room booked.
The room was clean, mattress was comfortable, and room was spacious.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking your time and writing a review of our hotel.We value your feedback .We are sorry that you had a problem with AC system during your stay and with our front desk staff .We are currently using this information to correct any issues for future guests. We ask that you accept our apologies. If you have anyquestions please feel free to contact me ,

Best regards ,

Assistant GM
Arden, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed there after a cruise to visit with some friends. It was a very family friendly establishment. Front staff was very helpful. The outside bar was a lot of fun for all the Bowl Game activity. The rooms were large and clean and comfortable. I didn't have an opportunity to eat in the restaurant so I can't include it. I would most definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Do not stay here! Was in Hollywood and in need of a good nights sleep, had a important meeting the next coming day.
So i picked the Holiday Inn since i normally like their hotels.
Check in went ok, Hotel looks fine int he lobby. Cam up to the room, it was ok at first glance.
But after a closer look you realize that it is a lot older that it first appear. I get my best sleep in a cold room, and ofcourse the Air conditioning was not working properly. They have some system that automatically turns it off when you leave the room, and only cools it down to 75 degrees. I turned down the air but it would not kick in until it was 78 degrees in the room, and then turn off as soon as it was down on 75.
Bed was uncomfortable and the pillows was horrible, like trying to rest your head on a big water balloon.
I ended up checking out and going over tot he Marriott. Management was completely unpleasant during my checkout.

After this experience Holiday Inn is off my list of hotels to stay in.

Room Tip: Dont stay here.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
ERivera1, Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Holiday Inn Airport and Cruise Port. We value your feedback. We are currently using this information to correct any issues for future guests. We ask that you accept our apologies.
Unfortunately we checked your room right after you left the hotel and we were not able to find anything wrong with the Air Conditioning system.
We truly apologize that you had a very unpleasent stay with us .
We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Asistant General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport? Share your experiences!