“Better than expected” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
Northern CA
“Better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Needed a couple of nights in Ft Lauderdale and saw alot of good reviews for a variety of hotels near the airport. I picked this one due to its low cost and I am a Priority gold member. Although it wasn't the most highly rated airport hotel in Tripadvisor, I was pleasantly surprised to find all the things that mattered the most to me (cleanliness, efficient staff, quiet surroundings and secure parking lot) were very good. I liked the location: easy access to I-95, when I had a rental car, and the airport shuttle was on-time when I needed that too. Would give this 5 stars if more mod-cons were in the rooms.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
ERivera1, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Holiday Inn Airport and Cruise Port. We value your feedback. Your kind words are encouraging. They are a reflection of hard work and dedication from our staff. It will be a pleasure to have you stay with us again. We are eager to making your next visit award winning.

305 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here many times over the last 2yrs. The staff is excellent the rooms sre clean and updated. Great place off I95 large well lit parking with security at night. Aldo shuttle serbice to airport and cruise ships.

• Stayed March 2013

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

It's not terrible but it's not awesome either. The location is right off I-95. I did not hear any traffic noises. The room could have been cleaner. Behind the bathroom door a towel and shower cap were still hanging on the door and I felt walking barefoot on the carpet there was a hint of sandiness. There was also a palmetto bug in the bathroom and with all the rain lately I could forgive that. If you life in Fl you know what I mean. This being said hey stuff happens and the room was clean other than that. Breakfast was the typical HI stuff. There is a nice pool and a restaurant onsite. That being said there are a lot of places nearby to eat. I drove over to the Islamorada Fish Co and wasn't disappointed. There is a Starbucks 5 minutes away by car to the west and a Publix grocery store.
The staff was pleasant. I stayed 2 nights and the cleaning staff didn't make it to my room before I was back from working (2:30pm) kind of a pain since I left to work at 6am!
From what I understand they have a shuttle for the airport and offer parking at a great rate for those flying or taking a cruise. It's not a place to stay if you are on a vacation but if you are looking for an overnight you could do worse. One and done.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
BillBakerGM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write about your stay at The Holiday Inn Airport and Cruise Port. We value your feedback. We are currently using this information to correct any issues for future guests. We ask that you accept our apologies. At the Holiday Inn Airport & Cruise Port we are aiming in providing an award winning experience for each one of our guest. We look forward to having you stay with us again. I am sure you will not be disappointed.
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed on the 6th floor and enjoyed a king bedded room with a large LCD television. The room had been totally remodeled recently and had the new carpet smell when I walked in. The bathroom had a nice, glass enclosed shower.

I would stay here again

The price was very reasonable since it was 90/90 outside (90 degrees, 90% humidity)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I was recently leaving for a cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale and needed a hotel for the night before. Having good luck with Holiday Inn in the past, I decided to stay here. I've been a rewards member for years and never really understood the "perks" of membership (other than hopefully earning a free night) until I stayed here.

Upon arrival, I was given a "goodie" bag to make my stay more enjoyable (included crackers, etc.).

The room (as I am sure is the case for all rooms - not just "perks") was very clean, spacious with a very comfortable bed. No complaints there.

Breakfast was more than adequate. I was able to go down, fix a dish and return to my room to get ready in the morning.

The ship wasn't leaving until later in the afternoon and I was hoping to extend my check out for about an hour. When I called the desk, they said I was an honors member and could have late check out until 2 pm (NEVER told that before).

The front desk was more than accommodating...offering to help with transportation and a very nice "come back" as I was leaving.

All in all, a place I would HIGHLY recommend (at a really reasonable price as well!!)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

After seeing another major average review at 3.5, I was a bit skeptical. Pleasantly surprised though - the overall decor, nice carpeting, great pool area, decent bar, comfortable bed, Panasonic plasma TV in room. Price - value great. Only things that kept rating below a five were the arrival experience waiting for the airport shuttle - over an hour to get from the airport to the hotel. the return shuttle was much better. The multi-plug adapter in the room didn't work and consequently one light didn't. Otherwise a very comfortable and pleasant stay with a friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Holiday Inn Airport and Cruise Port. We value your feedback. Your kind words are encouraging. They are a reflection of hard work and dedication from our staff. We are currently using the information provided to improve the issues you shared with us. We ask you accept our apologies. It will be a pleasure to have you stay with us again. We are eager to making your next visit award winning.

Gloucester, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We were arriving very late for our vacation so I was searching for a place close to the airport to to stay, the price was great and the pool looked amazing. I was very pleased to see that it was better than expected. The rooms are nice, beds are comfortable and the staff is very friendly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Guest Service Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport? Share your experiences!