I picked this place based off the good reviews and the fact that they provide a free shuttle from the airport to hotel, and a fairly cheap shuttle ($8 pp) to the port.
Arrived at FLL 8 pm. Called the hotel as we walked to baggage claim and was told where to go. Bags were already waiting for us, many thanks to JetBlue.
You go outside make a right and walk up a short distance. Can't miss where you are picked up. The wait was only about 15 mins and the ride to the hotel only took about 10 mins.
Check in was very easy and the staff is very nice.
The hotel itself is great. We stayed in room 213 (king bed). No complaints. The only negative was the view. Room was clean, no smell, and a/c unit was a normal sound.
Did not get to use the pool, however it did look very inviting in the evening.
The hotel resturant was busy but did not appeal to us. The prices were on the high side for what is offered. Just an example- chicken parm was $18. We decided to walk over to Denny's. Paid $20 for the two of us. If that does not appeal to you, the hotel has a variety of delivery menus.
Next to the hotel is a gas station. We picked up 2 bottles of wine for the cruise there.
As for the police car/cars you see out front. We were told it's just a security thing.
So after a great night of sleep we were ready to start our vacation.
We picked the 10 am shuttle to the port. I would recommend this time slot. You are given colored ribbons for your bags and bored by ship name. Shuttle left on time at 10. By the time we dropped off other cruisers and got to our ship it was 10:45. We were on IOS pier 29. 3rd stop. By that time traffic was starting to get bad. So go early. Less time having to wait in lines.
Would stay there again.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport Hotel
- Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport Hotel Hollywood
- Holiday Inn Ft Lauderdale Airport
- Holiday Inn Hollywood
- Hollywood Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel features 32' LCD flat screen TVs, microwave and refrigerators in all rooms. Overlook our stunning new tropical pool area with a large heated pool, Jacuzzi and pool bar. Holiday Inn Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport is perfect for corporate travelers and families alike, the hotel is conveniently located near Ft. Lauderdale , Port Everglades, Dolphin Stadium and just 15 minutes north of Miami. There's Hollywood Beach, where you can indulge yourself in the wonderful sunshine and explore the famous Boardwalk. Also, don't forget the nearby attractions of Fort Lauderdale which bring visitors from around the world. Enjoy superb dining at our indoor/outdoor Cafe Aquatica or in the Rendezvous Reef Lounge with it's great atmosphere, whether inside or out on the terrace which overlooks our refreshing tropical pool area and waterfall. Holiday Inn Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport is located at I-95 and Sheridan Street. The hotel provides a complimentary shuttle service to and from the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport (Daily 5:00 AM - 11:59 PM).Complimentary Shuttle service to the Port Everglades available (Daily 5:00 AM - 11:59 PM). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, IHG, Expedia, Olotels, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Venere, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and HotelsClick so you can book your Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.