“Perfectly fine for an overnight before the cruise” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #18 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
North Vancouver, Canada
“Perfectly fine for an overnight before the cruise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Clean, convenient to the airport for when you arrive late in the day/evening. Nice restaurant and a bar in the hotel (not a chain next door). Food was good for dinner and breakfast. Didn't try the pool etc.

Fine for what we wanted - a decent overnight stay close to the airport, as we checked out first thing and headed for our cruise.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ERivera1, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Holiday Inn Airport and Cruise Port. We value your feedback. Your kind words are encouraging. They are a reflection of hard work and dedication from our staff. It will be a pleasure to have you stay with us again. We are eager to making your next visit award winning.

Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here post cruise.we were greeted well. Stored our luggage and took a 15.00 taxi to Ft Lauderdale beach. There are only a Mc Donald's and Wendy's across the street. Breakfast is the usual. Fitness room lacking but the small pool was a nice touch. Front desk has delivery menus for food. Check out fast and shuttle right there to take us to airport.

• Stayed February 2013
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My family and I loved our stay here in early January. The rooms were very spacious and comfortable and the facilities were very clean. The outside pool/bar area was breathtaking. You would forget that the highway was nearby because it was so quite. The drinks were yummy and the pool was the prefect temp. The staff was not very friendly so that is the only reason why I did not give this establishment five stars.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
ERivera1, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Holiday Inn Airport and Cruise Port. We value your feedback. Your kind words are encouraging. They are a reflection of hard work and dedication from our staff. We are currently using the information provided to improve the issues shared with us. We ask that you accept our apologies. It will be a pleasure to have you stay with us again. We are eager to making your next visit award winning.

Bettendorf, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I am not impressed with this hotel. Stayed for 2 nights, would have moved after the 1st night if I would have had the time. This is a full service Holiday Inn, not a Holiday Inn Express. I stay in hotels a lot in my job and I would prefer a Express over this full hotel. Room was clean but the beds are old and not very comfortable. Bedding was very lightweight. I had 2 queen beds for just me so I had to take the bedding off the other bed and double it up on my bed to be comfortable. Also, the pillows were very small. The room was clean but dated. A plus was the TV, nice large flat panel and the wifi was decent, not really fast but better than most. One thing I found really irritating was, at this price, no free continental breakfast. They only had full service breakfast or a buffet, both overpriced. I have much better experiences and less costly hotels on a regular basis.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Randy B,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. Your comments about the bedding and the pillows have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The lobby area and rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. I was traveling for Canada Fest and they were kind enough to let me store quite a few boxes in their storage area so I wouldn't have to cart them to the room and back down each morning. I was a little disappointed that breakfast was not included in the room cost. I have stayed at several Holiday Inn's for less money and breakfast has always been included with the room rate. I will stay here again when I'm in the area due to the friendliness of the staff.

Room Tip: Another couple that was traveling with me stayed on the 6th floor and the room was larger than the o...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed there for MLK Weekend and we had a great time. The staff was nice and friendly they did everything to accommodate my visit; the room were beautiful, spacious and clean. The view from my room was gorgeous. It's a little pricey but it is worth it. The only thing is that the breakfast is a little overpriced but it sure does taste good. :) Planning on going back in march.

Room Tip: Executive Level Rooms are the best :)
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Conowingo, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Excellent staff! Room was very clean. Would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone. Outside pool, hot tub and surroundings on the property were well maintained and gorgeous. Ernesto the manager was top shelf! Unfortunately, the only "close" restuarant other than the Holiday Inn restuarant was a Denny's which was across the road. This Denny's was not too appealing, reason why we went to eat elsewhere. Cab fare is expensive!

Room Tip: Second floor has no vending machines which was good for us, less traffic. All other floors have ven...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport? Share your experiences!