“Very nice hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
Burbank, California
“Very nice hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This hotel is much nicer than the Seminole Hard Rock hotel and a whole lot less expensive. The staff was very nice, very helpful. Fast service and very accomodating, they are obviously very well trained. Room was large, immaculate, spotlessly clean and everything worked. Very comfortable beds and pillows. Restaurant was very nice with attractive decor and a friendly wait staff. The lobster bisque was outstanding, as was my wife's pork chop. My only complaint was my prime rib. It was the toughest, most gristly, worst prime rib I have every had in my entire life. I could not even cut it with a sharp steak knife. When I tore off a piece and chewed it for several minutes it was tasteless. I don't know how the chef was able to slice off a piece. They should have never served anything like this. I did not send it back or ask for anything else as I have worked in restaurants going through college and you really don't want to know what they do when you send something back. Other than the prime rib, this hotel is outstanding. Hopefully, when you order the prime rib it will be delicious. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ERivera1, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Holiday Inn Airport and Cruise Port. We value your feedback. Your kind words are encouraging. They are a reflection of hard work and dedication from our staff. We have corrected the issue mentioned. It will be a pleasure to have you stay with us again. We are eager to making your next visit award winning.

Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Ste. Anne, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is a nice hotel, which seems to be new. The common areas are sized nicely, and the hallways to the rooms are extra wide, which is nice if you're passing people with your bags in tow. The room is over sized from the norm that I am used to, and the TV is a new flat screen which is much larger than normal for a hotel room.

Our room however was facing the freeway, and the sound coming through the sliding door was excessive. I got up twice to check if the window was open, but it wasn't. That was the only drawback.

We didn't use the restaurant or the pool

Room Tip: Get a room facing away from road noise
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Holiday Inn Airport and Cruise Port. We value your feedback. Your kind words are encouraging. They are a reflection of hard work and dedication from our staff. It will be a pleasure to have you stay with us again. We are eager to making your next visit award winning.

Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

• We were a family of four (2 adults and 2 teenage girls). First-time at this location. Stayed one night for a pre-cruise, then transferred to Port of Miami.

• Hotel Location:
Good: Easily accessible from I95. Attractive entrance. Denny’s restaurant across the street. We walked around a little and never felt unsafe.
Bad: Hotel website never said the FLL airport shuttle stops working at midnight. So we had to take a cab to get to the hotel. Go to the taxi hub outside the terminal doors, and use the “official” airport cab company. Costs $30 for ride to hotel at that hour.

• Lobby:
Large, clean & tastefully decorated, nice central sitting area.

• Check-In:
Notified hotel of midnight arrival. Room was ready. Jonathon (Front Desk) was very quick, friendly & helpful. Reservation had an error, but the issue was immediately resolved. We were all given a fruit (apple), snack bar & water upon checkin. Receive 500 point coupon for restaurant, on purchases over $15.

• Room:
Room 506
Bedroom:
Good: Room looks newly renovated. Relatively quiet, couldn’t hear traffic outside. Nice view overlooking pool area, waterway & freeway. Room was large & open (with enough room for another bed/cot), clean (no stains on the carpet or bedding) & tastefully decorated in earth-tones (browns, beiges, yellows & whites), with wooden furniture, and crown moulding. Accessories included: 2 queen-size beds, neither too hard nor too soft; 42 inch TV; a large wooden TV stand (with four-drawers and two large storage areas (one containing a large (empty) fridge); about 50+ TV channels, including HBO; large wooden desk & chair; sitting area includes 2 chairs and a round wooden table; large wooden luggage stand; a wooden nightstand; large closet; a bathroom sink (in the bedroom area); security bar on door. Attention paid to small details in the room. Amenities: Stable and strong wifi connection; iron/board; fridge; coffee machine; hairdryer; alarm clock; various mirrors, ice bucket, and standard toiletries.
Bad: Could occasionally hear the neighbouring rooms’ water running. Square bed pillows were too small. No comforters. Limited number of electrical plugs (only 3 that were easily accessible – two by the bathroom sink & one on the desk lamp). Air conditioning unit could be loud. Hotel at the intersection of two major highways, could hear early morning traffic.

Bathroom:
Good: Marble tiles on walls and flooring. Only contained a tub/shower combo and toilet. Bathroom sink was in the bedroom area. Bathroom was large and had enough space for wheelchair maneuverability. Tub contained a support bar. Shower had good water pressure, and a multiple-pressure shower head.
Bad: No exhaust fan

• Suggestion For Those Transferring To Port of Miami:
The next morning we took the hotel shuttle back to Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood (FLL) Airport, and got off at the hotel shuttle bus stop – free of charge. Then we took a licensed airport ‘GO’ taxi from FLL to the Port of Miami for $75, which took about 30-45 min (during a noon-hour on a weekday).

• Overall Review:
Good: Hotel and room are very spacious, & clean. Friendly staff. Pleasant experience. Enjoyable stay. We would definitely return.

• Suggestions For Hotel Management: Hotel should provide shuttle service to Port of Miami, or be able to arrange private transportation for hotel guests.

Room Tip: Request a higher level room facing the pool (back). It's quieter then facing the front of the ho...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
ERivera1, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Holiday Inn Airport and Cruise Port. We value your feedback. Your kind words are encouraging. They are a reflection of hard work and dedication from our staff. Our front office staff can reserve privet transportation to Miami and other locations in South Florida. It will be a pleasure to have you stay with us again. We are eager to making your next visit award winning.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I booked my Holiday Inn over priceline, and was told the transportation was free from the hotel to the cruise port, and I did get my complimentary transportation tixs the night I checked in. However, I still got charged the next day when I got on the bus. I don't think I will stay with this hotel anymore.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear Jin Y,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed here 2 nights pre cruise,while the hotel is wonderfule the only downside is the location. It is a few miles from the airport but you have to take a taxi or bus to see anything.
There is a police car sitting out by the road, but the 2 days we were there I never saw a police officer sitting in the car. Since it was out by the road I took it as a deterrent to speeders since there is a heavily traveled 4 lane road to the side of the hotel.
The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful to us, giving us directions and taxi cab phone numbers and helpful hints on getting around since we did not have a car.
The bar tender/waitress in The Aquatic Cafe was great, wish I could remember her name, but she took care of the bar by herself. I hope they pay her enough, because she is a real asset to the hotel. Our first night 11-10-12 there was a large party of kids and adults out at the pool, she was taking care of them and handeling the inside of the bar. We got cheeseburgers and fries the first night after we got off the plane and they tasted excellent. That was the only meal we ate at the hotel. There is a Denny's across the street, where we got breakfast
Our room was great, flat screen TV, nice tiled bathroom with the sink and mirror outside of the bathroom area.
We had the cruise shuttle take us to the port, the gentlement was very nice and patient since it was our first time in this port.
The only thing I would suggest for them to have is a bus map and schedule available for the customers. Taking a taxi and outragiously expense, we paid $15 with out tip to go to Hollywood Beach which was a 10 minute trip

Room Tip: There a rooms facing the pool, the highway, or the Denny's. We didn't request a place and f...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Grand Rapids
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

First and foremost, avoid this hotel and area at all costs. You are in the ghetto and there is a cop sitting in front of the hotel at all hours of the day and night. I arrived to stay one night and board a cruise the next morning. While the room itself was fine the location and front desk staff are horrible. I called this location to ensure they offered a free shuttle to the cruise ports. I was told that they do so I booked online through the Holiday Inn site. When I arrived late in the day I was told they would not honor the free shuttle and that me and my guest had to each pay the $8 fee. I explained that even my printed out reservation said complimentary shuttle. I was then told by a Front Desk clerk that he was calm and I was not. At that point I asked to speak to a Manager as no one should be able to speak to a guest in a condescending tone like that. All I was asking for was something they advertise and that I confirmed they offered.
It was dark when we arrived and I didn't fully see the area. The next morning in the light of day I would never have picked this hotel. It is in a very run down area of town. I liked the location online because it was very close to the cruise port and airport. I will never stay at this location again. I will find something a little further away in a better area of town.
The positives of this hotel are the rooms and the restaurant. The rooms are nice and clean with good towels and bedding. The restaurant is a bit more upscale but the food was delicious and the wait staff was very courteous.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
BillBakerGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Nicole_GR

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding our property. I apologize you were disappointed with our shuttle service. We continue to invest in our transportation department and this year have added two new 25 seat passenger vans to our fleet. Unfortunately it is no longer possible for us to provide complimentary transportation for up to 200 guests on a daily basis.

With regards to our location the hotel is located right off of Interstate 95 at exit #21, just 10 minutes west of the Hollywood Beaches. While all hotels in the are offer security we have chosen to utilize the Hollywood Police Department as our own Hotel security. Throughout their service we have never encountered a single security issue at this Hotel.

I would welcome the opportunity to further discuss your stay in detail. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 954.925.9100.
Chicago, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed one night prior to a cruise. I checked several times in the weeks prior to my trip by calling both the hotel direct and the toll free number to be sure our transfers to the cruise ship were included. Each time I was told yes. This is the reason we chose this hotel, since we usually stay in Dania (much closer to the port). Upon arrival at the hotel I asked how we were to find the shuttle the next day. I was told it was not included in our rate. The gentleman that was helping us seemed like he must have been new, so he called for the manager. The manager clearly did not know how to deal with people. He basically told us we were lying. We were forced to pay $ 8.00 per person (there were 4 of us), since being that far from the port meant an even more expensive taxi fare. We decided to make the most of our stay, so we visited the pool. There was a dirty diaper floating in the pool, so we went over to the hot tub. It was nice and relaxing until the manager came out to kick us out of the hot tub saying it was past the 10pm closing time. On a positive note, the room was clean and the restaurant breakfast was decent. It was strange that the sink is across from the bathroom in an odd place. The a/c did not work properly. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Complete Travel:

We apologize your expectations were not met. I understand that your room was booked through Holiday Inn Reservations and they honored your request for a discounted travel agent rate. When we were contacted by Guest Relations the evening you checked in Guest Relations agreed that transportation to the Port was not included. We did go ahead an waive the nightly charge for the 2 additional adults who traveled with you and were not included on your original reservation.

As far as your experience with the pool our pool remains open until 10:00pm on a daily basis. These hours were thought out with both the safety and security of our guests in mind. Given you and your group was enjoying the hot tub and keeping on the quiet side our MOD extended the use of the Hot Tub until after 11:00pm.

We understand that you have many choices when you travel and our goal is to provide the best value to our guests each and every day. Unfortunately as you are aware with more and more cruise ships coming into Port Everglades it is no longer possible to provide Complimentary Port Transportation for up to 200 guests on a daily basis. We do offer both on our website and through Holiday Inn reservations several packages that do include complimentary transportation to the cruise port.

We hope you enjoyed your trip and if I can be of further assistance to you please do not hesitate to contact me.

Been to Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport? Share your experiences!