I travel to the area frequently and while trying to get home Delta overbooked the flights I decided to take a bump and this hotel is where I was put for the night. These are good adventures for me as a 125+ night per yeat Hilton guy, I rarely get outside of that group. I was interested in how this hotel stacked up because I have been considering splitting my loyalty so I can get status at IHG properties for free vacations to islands not having any Hiltons.
Straight up, this is a nice hotel but has a few issues that are more brand related than property related. I would have given 3 stars but added a 4th based on the quality of my dinner and the remodeled room with massive flat screen TV.
The drawbacks? The bed. I think the Holiday Inn group needs to sleep in a few Hampton or Hilton beds and go to the drawing board. Also, the cafe was not ready at the scheduled opening time and I was on a tight schedule to catch my flight.
The pool looked great and the outdoor bar area looks like it could be fun if you had a good crowd out there except fo the hoards of smokers on the patio area. I think the property should separate that area for smokers and non-smokers.
The dinner in the bar area was really good and all food was cooked to order as I specified (no extra oil or butter, etc). The breakfast buffet was good and MUCH cheaper than the standard Hilton buffets (by $10).
The staff was very accomodating everywhere.
For an airport property, it is quite a distance away. There are many hotels much closer but I think the rates here might warrant staying here vs. somewhere else and they do offer shuttles to the airport at Port Everglades which is a plus for cruisers.
I am not ready to jump to IHG yet. New beds would possibly sway me and in a jam, I would stay at this property again in a heartbeat.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport Hotel
- Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport Hotel Hollywood
- Holiday Inn Ft Lauderdale Airport
- Holiday Inn Hollywood
- Hollywood Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel features 32' LCD flat screen TVs, microwave and refrigerators in all rooms. Overlook our stunning new tropical pool area with a large heated pool, Jacuzzi and pool bar. Holiday Inn Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport is perfect for corporate travelers and families alike, the hotel is conveniently located near Ft. Lauderdale , Port Everglades, Dolphin Stadium and just 15 minutes north of Miami. There's Hollywood Beach, where you can indulge yourself in the wonderful sunshine and explore the famous Boardwalk. Also, don't forget the nearby attractions of Fort Lauderdale which bring visitors from around the world. Enjoy superb dining at our indoor/outdoor Cafe Aquatica or in the Rendezvous Reef Lounge with it's great atmosphere, whether inside or out on the terrace which overlooks our refreshing tropical pool area and waterfall. Holiday Inn Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport is located at I-95 and Sheridan Street. The hotel provides a complimentary shuttle service to and from the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport (Daily 5:00 AM - 11:59 PM).Complimentary Shuttle service to the Port Everglades available (Daily 5:00 AM - 11:59 PM). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.