“Fun stay in Hollywood, FL” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #19 of 64 Hotels in Hollywood
Anchorage, Alaska
“Fun stay in Hollywood, FL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Stayed at Holiday Inn on Sheridan Street, an easy (but hot in August!) walk away from my relatives who live on North Park. It was very pleasant, the room was clean and nice, the airport shuttle brought me there after my 6:30 am arrival (having started in Anchorage the afternoon before), and they let me check in very early so I could go take a nap. The front-desk staff was/were fun and helpful, and they gave me directions for good walks nearby. My only complaint was that the breakfast spread did not seem to have much in the way of vegan options, but the food otherwise looked very nice and plentiful - for animal protein lovers. (I am used to this - brought my own breakfast foods.) Loved the fact that there was coffee and decaf that could be made in my room. No other complaints, will stay there every time I go visit my relatives!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Willingboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

My husband and I were taking our son to college in North Miami and didn't want to stay right there. This was the perfect location, and a great hotel. The rooms were very clean and the apprearence was very nice. The Lobby was beautiful, and the customer service was very nice. The front staff was very friendly and made you feel like you mattered. They did not offer free breakfast but did have a little restaurant, though we decided to walk across the street to Denny's. The Pool area was very nice as well. When leaving we stopped in Goldboro NC and stayed at another Holiday Inn, it was like two totally different worlds. The room did not seem clean, had an odor. The staff was not nearly as pleasant!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
manchester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I am a Holiday Inn member and regularly stay at their hotels and i have to say this is one of the nicest i have stayed at. Unfortunately for them this is where it ended! The staff were at best poor and made it one of the worst hotel stays of my life, they contributed to ruining multiple evenings through their lack of basic skills.

If you arent to fussed about staff then this is a good place to stay, if you need help/assistance even like booking a Taxi then forget about this hotel and look elsewhere. You are warned!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear nicholas_lethbridge,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your travels. I'm sorry the service you received from our staff did not live up to your expectations. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenienced you encountered. We will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible.

While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHG Care
Dunn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this Holiday Inn in July 2012 after flying into Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood Airport. It has all the features I look for in a hotel airport - large property, free shuttle service and onsite restaurant. The guest reception at the front desk was great. It was probably one of my fastest check-ins. The facility was very attractive and thoroughly updated. The rooms were very spacious with a closet, cabinets, desk, recliner and a large shower. The rate was also very reasonable for such a heavily traveled area. The shuttle service was on point although this hotel is probably the farthest from the FLL airport that offers shuttle service. I would definitely stay here again. The onsite restaurant had a limited menu and higher prices, which is typical of hotel restaurants, but the food quality was good. I have looked for Holiday Inn in my recent travels, as the new revamped hotal matches the quality of a Marriott Courtyard or Hilton Garden Inn, but with a better price.

Room Tip: Call ahead and book directly through Holiday Inn. The companies that supposedly shop around for the...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Toledo, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

What was to be a United Airlines flight from Durango, Colorado to Marsh Harbour, Bahamas in late May took a bad turn when the Fort Lauderdale to Marsh Harbour segment was rescheduled.....for the next morning. After a great deal of hanging around, our ragtag band was given vouchers for hotel and food and shuttled off to the Holiday Inn. Truthfully, I wasn't expecting much, but was most pleasantly surprised. The hotel and grounds appear to have been recently renovated. Desk staff checked us in efficiently and pointed out that the bar/restaurant would be open for another hour. My room was spacious, very clean and well appointed (the flat screen t.v. would be the envy of many sports bars). Honestly, I hated to have to leave so early the next morning. The wake-up call came as requested, the check out process took seconds, and the shuttle brought us back to FLL in plenty of time for our flight
I wouldn't hesitate to book this hotel again and give it a big thumbs up.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Boston MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Stay one night before our cruise from Miami, flew into fort lauderdale and then drove to miami the next morning. Hotel is right off 95, check in was quick, room was recently updated and bed was comfortable. We did have an issue with lack of hot water in the room but management was resolve it. Camilla at the front desk was very polite and efficient, Breakfast restaurant at the hotel was good.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

The property is clean, well maintained, the bed is comfortable, and the staff was very accomodating. All the basics are covered.

However, the air conditioner was extremely loud. So loud that sleeping was a challenge either because of the noise or the heat from having to turn it off. The four little pillows are hard to adjust for comfort.

Room Tip: The walls are thin. Ask for an isolated room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Dear Ehhhhh,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our property. I am pleased you noticed the cleanliness of our property. We are also happy to hear that our staff was helpful during your stay. However, please accept my sincerest apologies for the air conditioning issue you experienced. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport? Share your experiences!