“Nice LQ with beautiful grounds” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2620 North 26th Ave., Hollywood, FL 33020   |
Ranked #10 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
monroe
“Nice LQ with beautiful grounds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Stayed five nights while getting medical injections with our pet. Second time to come in two years.Has a beautiful courtyard, swimming area by lake with ducks. Now it is getting a little overcrowded with ducks because they poop a lot, they should remove a few to another location
perhaps, but a few are great to watch. Good breakfast bar and a very nice place for your little
dog. Will use it again. People are very attentive to your needs.

Room Tip: No idea, if no pet, choose upstairs, dogs are on first floor for easy access to grounds.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Freeport, Bahamas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Have already done a review of this particular hotel in my comments regarding how the hotel could improve in certain areas and the fact that La Quinta is considered a family hotel and provides the kind of atmosphere where families feel comfortable. having stayed at this hotel numerous times, I feel that the hotel could do some additional upgrades such as changing the carpet in the common areas as this would certainly improve the ambiance of the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This hotel charges too much for what it offers. This hotel is average.
Things I like about this hotel include the courteous staff, free parking, free self breakfast, free wifi ( well it's really not free because you pay for it in the hotel cost), it's secluded location, and the scenery out side is pretty.
Things about this hotel I didn't enjoy include that fact that they offer smoking rooms. I requested a non smoking room. However, the cigarette smell seeped through the vent and my room smelled like cigarettes. The toilet had a yellow ring. A little bleach would take care of that. There was a grease stain on the comforter. I was told that after housekeeping gets through, the manager comes and checks the housekeeper's work. So I don't understand what type of inspection the manager did. There's a little bit of mold in the tub near the drain hole. They provide free breakfast from 6-9 am but they do not have a dining area. The breakfast and computer area is right in front of the front desk in the lobby. So people walking in and out the hotel can see you eating or using the computer. You have no privacy. That's weird to me. Lastly, this hotel is not a 5 star hotel. You guys need to stop charging so much money. There's nothing luxurious about this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
maple grove, mn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We sailed out of Ft Lauderdale during spring break and wound up here because everything else was booked or $250 + per night. We were pleasantly surprised. Not our usual when we're in Florida, but a pretty property none the less. Staff is what made everything top notch. They really were excellent. The room was spacious and clean as well. We were picked up at the airport and the next day we boarded a shuttle ($8 pp) for the port. A very short drive and we were at the port ! I recommend this hotel without reservation and should we ever sail out of Ft Lauderdale again, it will be our first choice, not "whatever is left" !

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
FT. MYERS, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Our trip was for personal reasons, a family member was very ill. We couldn't have been more comfortable, the location was 10 minutes from the hospital. The staff was wonderful. The hotel was "Pet Friendly" and we had our two dogs with us. No charge for pets! Our family member passed away and we were able to cancel the last day of our reservation, without a problem! I wish the breakfast was a half hour longer. We were at the hospital very late and it was hard to make it to the breakfast, before it ended.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I had read a couple of bad reviews on here, and actually researched other places to stay if I was disappointed. I have to say, I was not. Room was clean and smelled fresh. Bed was comfy. Staff was great. They even let me use the conference room for free (because it is being used for storage). The only reasons I didn't give it a "5" was because I stayed 3 nights and did not get shampoo (and those little bottles don't go that far) and the breakfast didn't change. I can only eat so many waffles or bagels.

Room Tip: Be careful at the front door. A family of muscovie ducks camp out there and leave "presents&qu...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Largo, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I stayed at this concert for the Beyonce & Jay Z "On the Run" tour in Miami. It was to be the happiest day of my life. Unfortunately, it turned into a disaster. I had spent a lot of money on my outfit, and it was my dream outfit for the concert. I had no backup clothes or anything. As I get dressed, I go to iron my outfit and before the iron even touches my outfit it burns/melts a ginormous hole right in the middle of my outfit. I frantically run downstairs, crying to the lady (Maureen) at the front desk and state how their iron melted my outfit. Maureen quickly reacts by whipping out $50 and pointing to one of the maintenance men to escort me to the shopping mall across the street to buy an outfit for the concert. Still crying hysterically, the maintenance man takes me to the store. Already running late, I grade something for $20. We rush back over, I get dressed (still crying). Running downstairs, Maureen at the desk smiles and says how great I look. I started crying even more and managed to say "thank you." Once I get back to the hotel, I find a note slipped under the door that says, for me to stop by the desk before I check out. When I check out there is a reimbursement for the difference I didn't spend and also a note saying I will be given a complimentary one night stay in the mail. True to their (Maureen & general manager, Angele Bentley) word I received the complimentary certificate. I want to thank them both including the maintenance for going completely out of the way to ensure one bad incident didn't ruin my night and stay. LASTLY,the hotel was great. Very clean and obviously everyone was beyond nice. The room was very comfortable, and it's nicely secluded but near a huge shopping center, food, gas station.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport? Share your experiences!