“Good for 1 night before/after flight” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2620 North 26th Ave., Hollywood, FL 33020   |
Ranked #13 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
Olathe, Kansas
“Good for 1 night before/after flight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Nice enough hotel. Rooms clean which is always a big plus. Wish they had 2 queens instead of 2 doubles. Plus-complementary shuttle to/from airport. Has pool-hot tub being worked on. No restaurant on site--really would be a plus--about a 10 min walk to restaurants/movie theater/dave-busters so lots of stuff pretty close.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

405 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Hartford,CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed here here one night and it was not a good experience. We arrived at 1am after a late flight only to find our room had been given away. I had specified on my reservation that we would be arriving late just for that reason but it didnt matter. At that point, they said they only had one room left but it was not clean, so we could wait for them to clean it which would take just a few minutes or we could be put up at another hotel. Since we were tired and did not want to have to deal with finding another hotel we decided to wait the "few" minutes.

Well "a few minutes" turned into 1hr 15mins. The desk clerk left to go find someone to clean the room (??). After 45 mins she came back. By that time we were ready to drive to another hotel but she said it would only be a few more minutes to have the room ready so we waited.

She left again. After another 45 mins we were REALLY ready to find the other hotel but we couldnt find the clerk and didnt want to drive around looking for a hotel on our own at that point so we waited some more.

At 2:40am she FINALLY came back and said the room was ready. The minute we got off the elevator we could tell it was the smoking floor. It was disgusting. Our room had the most disgusting smell , everything reeked of smoke. At that point we were exhausted and just wanted to sleep so we stayed. Luckily the window opened so we could get fresh air. We had to lay on towels because the mattress and pillows smelled so bad. We did not sleep well. The next night when i put on my pajamas they stuck like the room. I had to have them cleaned.

The breakfast the next morning was just ok. The only hot selection was waffle maker, otherwise it was just bagels and muffins and fruit and hard boiled eggs.

Here is the bright spot in this story, we talked to the manager and he comped us the night. So although it was a terrible experience, we are happy that he acknowledged it and did something about it. And I do want to add that both the manager and clerk were very nice.

I learned 2 things from this stay,
1) If I am on a late flight to anywhere I will CALL the hotel and tell them not to give my room away; I wont just write it in the comments.
2) Although the manager did the decent thing, I'm not staying at the La Quinta again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Zeeland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one day/night prior to boarding our Royal Caribbean Cruise. It was perfect. Very clean and spacious rooms. Nice bed, hot shower and very helpful and friendly staff. They provided transporation from airport to hotel. They also had a service shuttle available providing transportation to the boat and upon return back to the airport. Bonus..nice breakfast including waffles, cereal, bagels, fruit, juice.....and Hot Coffee!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This hotel is pricey for what you get! They don't even provide many bathroom amenities and the breakfast was just ok. I'd look elsewhere next time. They charge for transportation to the cruise port and the organization was like a three ring circus.

Room Tip: Shop around for a different hotel
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Staying at this Inn was so refreshing I forgot I was there for business. The Inn has a great location, after business you're within minutes of everything to enjoy pleasure of shopping, eating, going to the beach etc.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Hanover, Maryland, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I booked a week of this hotel to recover from a major surgery. I was told that the pull out bed would be comfortable for someone recovering from surgery. The bed had springs coming out of it, and was extremely uncomfortable. The room had a terrible smell, and I woke up after one night, with my eyes swollen shut from an allergy in the room. I spent the next several hours flushing my eyes. When I went to the front desk to complain about the room, the person was rude and condescending after they finally showed up after an extended wait. I was contacted by the Manager who offered me a free night's stay at a different hotel of my choice.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on New Year's eve. The price was great, the room was large and clean and the bed was very comfortable. We took a shuttle from the hotel to the Hard Rock to see a concert, and it was there waiting to take us back afterwards....allowing us to skip the very, very long line for a cab! We didn't make the breakfast the next morning so I cannot comment on that. We are planning to stay there again on our way to Key West!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport? Share your experiences!