“Very nice hotel for the money” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #12 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
New York City, New York
“Very nice hotel for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

Stayed only 1 night, but was warmly welcomed on arrival, given free valet parking because i booked it through travel zoo, and was allowed a late check out. Starbucks in lobby a plus. Rooms very very nice, beds were extremely comfortable. The view from the balcony just beautiful. Bar was overpriced and resturant food was not very good, nor was the room service food. But all in all i though the hotel was charming and i would stay there again in a heartbeat. Its right on the boardwalk in Hollywood and much more relaxing then the strip in Fort Lauderdale if you ask me. They also have great spa services available at the hotel!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
Ankeny, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

Stayed here for the Super Bowl. Room and view were very nice. Hotel had people from visitor convention bureau stationed in lobby but they did not have any idea of how to get to any of the parties. Also were very confused if there was a shuttle going to the game or not. They said not but then the day of the game they had shuttles going for $25 but said you had to find your own way back. Right like I'm going to try and catch a cab with a few thousand other people after the Super Bowl. Finally heard another guy talking about driving to the game and caught a ride with him so worked out great.

Getting a cab is tough though as they don't hang out at the hotel so need to let valet know in advance when you need a cab.

Location is great next to the boardwalk and beach. Boardwalk is very nice with shops and restaurants. I recommend O'Malleys which is quite a walk down the boardwalk but well worth it especially if you get the raspy voice bartender.

Had the BBQ chicken pizza one night and that was quite good along with the Sunday morning breakfast buffet.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Momtreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

I expected more from a Marriot, at a rate of almost 300$ per night.

Yes the location is great, right on the beach! But the hotel is old, the service is average... There's better options out there.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
kissafrog30
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2010

After looking at several areas in Southern Florida, we decided to stay in Hollywood Beach. This was a great location, right between Miami and Fort Lauderdale. We were looking for a hotel that was right on the ocean and had plenty of actiivties including restaurants and shopping. The Marriott Hollywood Beach is located right on the broadwalk so you are able to walk to these activities. When we arrived at the hotel, we checked in and the front desk person put us in a room that was right next to the elevator. We asked to be moved to a different room and they accomodated us by putting us in a room with two double beds and then moved us to a king like we had requested the next morning. The hotel staff moved us while we were gone touring the area. It was quite nice not having to wait around for our new room. We had reservations for 5 nights and on the morning of the 4th day we received a bill under our door. We immediately called down to the front desk and informed them that we were to check out the next day. When we checked in we were told that we were reserved for 5 nights but when the room move was completed they changed our departure date having us only stay for 4 nights. When I called down I was informed that they were full that night. I then asked to speak with the manager on duty. She was able to change our departure so that it was correct. On the night before we were to check out, the hotel was full of high school seniors that were very loud and obnoxious. I informed the front desk twice about this. I told them that the kids were in the elevators and running up and down the hallways. One of the front desk staff was sent up immediately. Once she got to our floor there were no kids to be seen. My question to the front desk staff was where were all of the chaperones while the kids were running around and talking loud? At about 5 am on our departure day, we heard dresser drawers being slammed shut and the shower doors rolling back and forth. I was told that the high school seniors were blocked all over the hotel and were not just in one location. We needed our sleep because we had to drive 1400 miles to go back home. We were not able to get back to sleep. I went down to the front desk and complained twice. The second time that I went down I asked to speak to the Front Desk Manager. She said that she was not aware of the noice the night before or that morning. I informed her that there were hotel sales people standing by the elevator when I came down and they were writing down all the complaints that other guests had. She seemed shocked about all of this. I explained to her that I was not very happy about the situation. I mentioned that we wanted to get an early start but we were unable to because we were very tired. I have 20 years experience in managing hotels and I was very shocked to see how things like this were handled. I was given a later check out time so we could try to get some sleep. We were not able to unfortunately because of the kids still making noice. We decided to check out and start heading home. We felt very sorry for all of the other guests that were staying over the weekend because the seniors were not checking out until Monday. The pictures of the hotel on their website are dated and misleading. The hotel restaurant was convenient. The food was ok but not remarkable. The service was good. In general, the front desk was ok, but the front desk staff and concierge were inconsistant in their professionalism. For example, when asked for sightseeing and restaurants they gave us one good referral but did not provide good information about what was going on in the general area. The curb appeal of this property was good. When approaching the building the property appeared reasonable well maintained. The hotel itself appeared up to date and a parking structure adjacent to the hotel was convenient and it seemed to provide a sense of security although this came a price of $13 per day which was about the going rate. When you go into the lobby it seemed reasonably up to date but the elevators were scratched and very stained. When we reached our floor the smell of disinfectants and deoderizors was over powering and made you gasp for air. Overall the hotel was worth $175 per night but not $300 per night. We understood that this was a peak period and the hotel could charge a premium rate but it was not worth it.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Nashville, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2010

Good, friendly service, clean room, but just not Marriott quality building and grounds. The hotel is really so old that it feels shabby and the look from our room was not so pleasant. I loved having a Starbucks downstairs and loved the people next door at Walk About and their Tiki Hut. I didn't take advantage of the spa services.

• Stayed January 2010
Ottawa Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2010

We stayed for only one night precruise. I have stayed in Florida many other times for a cruise and they always put you far out. We upgraded to the beach front and it was more then worth it. The hotel itself is what you would expect from a marriot. Clean, amazingly comfortable beds, and a bit of luxury. ( we didnt like the bathroom door which you can see threw... I was travelling with 2 teen boys) The best part of this hotel is the location it is right on the beach, they have a starbucks, restaurant, gym, spa, pool and hot tub. They served fruit kebobs by the pool.(free) I used the spa at the hotel which has a chocolate fountain and fruit while your waiting. Not bad!. Located right down the street on Saturdays is an open artist market. There is a big board walk and you can rent bikes ect for a reasonable cost. 10 an hour. I am cheap so for supper we walked down the boardwalk and had large pizza, pitcher of pop for 20 american. We went back the next day to have a snack . the food was really good although the place was definitly NOT fine dining. It was right beside a small park with tennis courts in the back.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Washington, DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2010

The worst customer service experience in a Marriott Hotel in several years...a beautiful hotel, great location on the water, but absolutely beyond HORRIBLE customer service. On two different days, our room was not cleaned until we called for service. As simple as this minor issue was, it took almost three hours for a response on the first day. When I finally called the hotel manager on duty (after the dinner hour), it was finally fixed, but only repeated again the next day. Almost every morning, we waited in the hotel restaurant for breakfast service for more than thirty minutes. Hotel restaurant is beyond short staffed and average waits for a table (inside and outside) were in excess of thirty minutes. Hotel staff mentioned on several occasions that management at the property has allowed restaurant and maid staffing to fall so low that many days; one server is working ten or more tables and a maid has an entire floor. After being seated on our last morning, it took almost twenty minutes for any water, coffee, juice, etc. Once our coffee arrived, we had no coffee cups. After being told they did not have any clean cups available, I walked into the kitchen and asked for cups. Who knows if I received clean kitchenware, but I was eventually provided a set. After a frustrating two hour breakfast on the day of our departure, I walked into the hotel lobby to find the hotel general manager. I relayed the same information to him after waiting to see him for more than an hour. Hotel leadership has an indifferent attitude and needs some attention/training. Not the best way to end a long weekend vacation over the holiday. If Marriott is concerned with their brand loyalty, they need to take a look at this location. Again, a beautiful hotel and a terrific location, but HORRIBLE customer service received at the property.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Marriott Hollywood Beach? Share your experiences!