Taxi fees from Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport were $25. On the return trip we used a shuttle van that was available outside of the main lobby (not run by the hotel). The cost was $20 total for up to four people.
Lobby staff allowed us into our room several hours in advance of check-in time. The hotel only seemed about ¼ full at the time, so that was nice; no waiting for elevators, seating at breakfast, no overcrowding at the pool, etc. The following day, I overheard a guest complaining because they couldn’t get into their room early, but I don’t know the reason why. The hotel is very accommodating in offering to store luggage both before check-in and after check-out.
Our room was very comfortable, although I was disappointed that our housekeeper put sheets on the bed that were too small and had a rip. When I asked on the second day, the front desk staff had housekeeping promptly replace them. In the room, I was slightly put off by the bathroom and shower doors – they afford minimal privacy, but one’s comfort level will depend on who is staying in the room.
We stayed using the Fun in the Sun rate, which offered breakfast for two and free parking, although we didn’t rent a car. We will rent one next time, in order to see more of the area without paying the high taxi fees. The breakfast buffet at $14 offered something for everyone, from made to order omelets, eggs benedict, and oatmeal to fresh pineapple, melon, salmon, apple sausage, waffles, etc. The young woman/sous chef making omelets was very friendly; Marriott is lucky to have her.
The Business Center offers two computers – one with internet use and the other strictly for checking in for flights, which is nice. The internet at the Business Center is quite slow, a good reason not to stay long on a computer while on vacation.
Before arriving, I had read that the Hollywood Shuttle charges $1 a day and makes repeated trips between the Broadwalk and Hollywood each day. What I learned upon arrival is that the shuttle doesn’t start up until “busy season” which begins in December or January, depending on who you ask. Hollywood is too far to walk to if you don’t have a car. The first half hour walk will take you about ¾ of the way – a nice scenic tour, but not in the midday 90 degree heat - lesson learned. Turn around and enjoy the beach!
The hotel pool was nice and refreshing, and the whirlpool was only slightly warmer than the pool. Towels are checked out, but the check-out person wasn’t always available. He seemed to disappear at times, and left people waiting for towels or waiting to return them. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of a vacation; more of a nuisance than anything.
The Broadwalk was very clean, but the beach wasn’t as fortunate. Although it’s raked in the mornings, guests of the sand aren’t careful about what they leave behind.
This is a great place to people watch and to spend a leisurely day, week, or longer. South of the hotel on the Broadwalk are several reasonable priced restaurants all within a 15 – 20 minute leisurely walk. The Broadwalk offers a laid back atmosphere; don’t expect a hopping night-life. This is the place to be if you want to be relaxing by the pool, walking the ocean shore with shoes on (watching for jellyfish), sipping a cool drink, or simply facing the endless ocean with a good book at your side.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Hollywood Beach Hotel
- Marriott Hollywood Beach Hotel Hollywood
- Marriott Hollywood
- Hollywood Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New carpeting now in every room!Situated apart from the busy strip of tourist hotels near Fort Lauderdale, you will find a relaxing getaway at our casual, boutique-style hotel in Hollywood, Florida. Located between the Atlantic Ocean and the Intracoastal Waterway, the Hollywood Beach Marriott Hotel offers guests a dazzling South Florida oceanfront location, yet we are just an easy 6 miles from the Fort Lauderdale airport and 8 miles from Port Everglades. Featuring 229 South Floridian style guest rooms, this Hollywood beach resort boasts an array of amenities such as plush Marriott bedding, balconies and water views. Relax and enjoy a treatment at the full-service spa or bask in the sun at the beachfront pool before exploring the famous 2 ½ mile long Broadwalk and its restaurants, cafes and nightlife. From productive meetings to stunning beach weddings, this Hollywood, FL hotel can easily accommodate your meeting and event needs. We look forward to your visit to the Hollywood Beach Marriott, a AAA Four-Diamond hotel in Hollywood, Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Marriott Hollywood Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.