“Very nice, modern rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 20%
Ranked #12 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
vstrick84
“Very nice, modern rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

Everything was wonderful. My only complaint is the hot tub was a bit dirty and was never hot. Other than that, it was marvelous!

The rooms have a more modern, clean feel to them. I like that it is a non-smoking hotel so you don't have that musky smell in the rooms. My husband and I had to share a double bed, but that was not the hotel's fault. Besides that, I thought the beds were very comfy.

The concierge lounge had really yummy food for breakfast and dinner on the weekdays. The breakfast buffet downstairs was really good too.

The pool was not very big, but we didn't come to the beach to hang out at the pool. We can do that at home.

We had fun at the hotel bar watching the live bands they had every night. Since the drinks were so expensive at the hotel bar, we would pack a styrofoam cooler with beer and just bring it down with us. Nobody seemed to mind.

So...yeah. We had a great trip.

886 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2009

My husband, myself, our two teenage daughters and my parents stayed at the Hollywood Beach Marriott for four nights (10th -14th August) before flying to Cancun.

Firstly the value of this hotel is brilliant, especially compared with the very poor offerings of the motels around there, we had a deal with room, breakfast for two each room and free parking in the next door multi storey car park for less than what the local motels were charging.

Staff are lovely at this hotel, with one exception of a surly receptionist on our day of departure, probably because it was fairly early (7.15am), due to us catching our flight. Every member of staff from the housekeeping down to the pool guy who handed out towels and moved sunbeds for people were really lovely and helpful.

We loved everything about this hotel, location, staff, rooms, food, service - everything apart from the swimming pool which could have been cleaner. The pool had a permanent film on it and loads of long loose hair and other numerous objects floating around it's filter edges. The pool is salty, but it is not a salt water pool, we found out from the staff that they use salt cleaner to clean the pool - obviously not doing a very good job.

Have never stayed at a Marriott before, but after this trip we will definately use Marriott's again, the rooms were large and very clean, beds very comfortable, plenty of storage space and loved the complimentary toiletries - the best I have ever had in a hotel. The only complaint I have with the bathroom, which is echoed in previous reviews, is the glass door. If it was just myself and my husband it would not have been a problem, but we have two teenage daughters, who quite rightly did not want their dad to see them when washing or using the toilet - other than that lovely bathroom.

The Location is great, right on the Broadwalk in front of the ocean/beach, within walking distance of bars, restaurants and the outdoor theatre where bands perform live.

Restaurant in hotel is good, food very nice but very expensive, OK for one night or a special evening. The bar is outside next to the pool and they serve food during the day at the bar and the surrounding tables, plus you can eat there in the evening too - a very nice setting.

We ate a bit further down the Broadwalk (turn right on Broadwalk) in a lovely Italian Pizzeria (Florio's), great Pizzas and my Veal in Marsella sauce was gorgeous and not too big as with most American restaurants. Big enough to fill me up but not too big to put me off. A very friendly restuarant and good value for money, the only downside is that there is no Air Conditioning, only ceiling fans which don't do much in the August heat, plus if you sit outside you get bitten alive by the mosquitoes. It seems all of the bars and restaurants down the Broadwalk do not have air conditioning, which is a shame as there seems to be some very nice choices of food down there.

So to summarise, Love the Marriott, Liked the Broadwalk, but prefer Lauderdale-By-Sea for a Miami stopover.

bbill
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2009

The first night we arrived, the rooms were smelly and the aircondiioning was rattling. When I asked to switch rooms due to lack of slee[ from the sound, I was put in another room a day later, overcharged for an upgrade and told to go elsewhere. The managment completley disregarded a hotel guest and that is unnacceptable . The breakfast buffet was nothing great. Your regualr omelet, pancakes,toast...I was expecting something better from the Marriott. The staff were too busy doing I don't know what and there was no managment to be found. The pool rinky dink and the music was obnoxious. I was really disappointed in the lack of care that was shown from the bar staff to managment.

• Stayed September 2009
marriottbeachfront, Director at Marriott Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, September 9, 2009
Thank you for writing and sharing your thoughts, with so many positive reviews, this comes to a surprise to me, but it helps us to improve our services, time and time again. Our hotel strives to be the best in the area, but I welcome you back to try us again, as we want ALL of our guests to return to us.
Albany,NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

I have ve stayed in MANY Marriott hotels in my lifetime in different parts of the world. This one is a shame. We were lured by great reviews, free parking, breakfast promotion offer and walking distance to the ocean...so we booked (30 days prior vacation dates) a room with KING size bed for 5 nights at this Marriott Hollywood Beach hotel. Upon arrival there were NO king size beds available. SURPRISE for a couple who planned to spent romantic time - we got full size beds room with no explanation or apologies.The air-conditioning was probably designed in mid 50s and that thing was LOUD. We woke up each time that monster turned in or off.
The overall cleanliness of the hotel is terrible. The glass door that leads from the main lobby to the beach entrance has more germs and stains than you can ever imagine. The pool is small and DIRTY with human hair floating.
The hotel staff DOES NEED A TRAINING PROGRAM as to how to treat customers. These people have attitude, God knows why.Our last vacation was in Hawaii and it was a pleasure.
I'm wondering if this hotel has the right to be called Marriott at all...if it is, then something really bad is going on with this brand. Folks from corporate governance at Marriott, check this venue up. You will be unpleasantly surprised.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

Hello, we just got back from a two-night weekend stay at the Hollywood Beach Marriott and wanted to share our experience. Okay, I booked the hotel on an advance purchase rate on the website for $99/night (not a typo). I had requested a king bed, nice view, and a crib in the room (for little duck). I was a bit nervous that the neither the crib nor the king bed was guaranteed. However, upon check in, I was greeted by the friendly front desk clerk who provided us with a king bed on the 9th floor with a great view of the ocean. Also, there was a crib already in the room. The hotel was extremely clean and modern and the beds were most comfortable. Yes, the hotel is directly on Hollywood Beach and a modern looking boardwalk for biking, running, or just taking a morning stroll. How about some travel duck tips for you?

1. The hotel makes every effort to satisfy your choice of room before you check in. I would highly suggest that you book the room on-line and fill out the "special requests portion." I politely requested a nice view and received an amazing view of the ocean. You will get an e-mail noting your requests a few days before check in. More on this later, keep reading, I will give you the insight on the good rooms . . .

2. As a travel duck, I rarely eat in hotels. However, I have to say that the food was pretty good and actually reasonably priced for a hotel on the beach. The restaurant overlooks the beach and is a great place for breakfast (buffet is nice for $14/person). Also, the bar outside was very happening on a Friday and Saturday night.

3. There are some beach bars within walking distance but not really any family-friendly restaurants. I would recommend that you take a short cab ride to downtown Hollywood for dinner. Just stroll around and your will find a lot of nice restaurants and places to have a drink. We ate at a Mexican restaurant called "Cancun Mexican Grill" which is kind of basic inside but the food was reasonably priced and fantastic.

4. The beach is right outside the hotel is quite nice. If you want to sit by the pool, the only problem is that the pool is not too big and there was very little shade. If you want a nice seat in the shade there are only a couple of chairs which would suffice. Just get there early!

5. I know that you will want to sleep in because the beds are so comfortable. However, I must insist that you wake up early and check out the amazing sunrise over the ocean. All you have to do is walk outside and you are right on the beach. My son enjoyed people watching as many locals were taking a pre-dawn jog along the boardwalk. He took care of waking me up early :)

6. Okay, here is the deal on the rooms. The hotel has 10 floors with about 27 rooms per floor. The best views are of course on the higher floors. We were on the ninth floor. However, the ocean view rooms have the lower numbers after the first number. For instance, 10-00 and 10-01 are on the highest floor, across the hall from each other, both with a direct view of the ocean, most likely the best rooms in the hotel. If you are in room 8-06 for example, you would be two floors from the top on the 8th floor, three rooms away from the ocean (still a great view). I would say that any room above the 4th floor, with the last two numbers less than 12, would have a nice view of the ocean. Just beware if you get room 3-27 or something as you will get a view of a parking garage. Again, you want the first number to be high, the last numbers to be low. I hope that was helpful and don't hesitate to make your request ahead of time.

7. Speaking of parking, the self-park was $13/day which was very reasonable, no need to pay more to valet as the garage is only a few stories high and right next to the hotel.

8. I used to live in South Florida so if you need any other advice for your trip, please feel free to ask. Enjoy! TD

nyc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

pluses:
location on beach
restaurants on site
starbucks coffee
saltwater pool with towel service
indoor parking garage with valet option. this means when it's 100 degrees in sun, your car is not blazing hot because it was inside
balcony
clean rooms
good a/c
portacribs available
mini fridge available
they allowed us to check in early
we tried a motel on the beach and didn't feel safe after being woken up at night 2 nights in a row. No problems at Marriott.
safe in room

minuses:
pay extra to park, but the valet is one fee per day for guests, even if you come and go multiple times (plus tips).
bed was super high off the ground, worrisome with a small child
I ended up tipping lots of folks upon check in, but the service was worth it
my husband thought the pillows were way too firm
no two room "suites" available -- so to have separate space for small child to sleep, you need to pay for two rooms

since we had a toddler, I asked for a room with a bath tub as some only have showers. The woman from reservations said they only had showers, but at the front desk they were able to accomodate us with a bathtub.

North Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

The room was very clean and up to date. The furniture was different because it was not the regular "Florida" decor. It was more traditional than tropical, which I like. The restaurant was nice and clean. You walk out onto the Boardwalk, which separates the beach from the Hotel and there is the Atlantic Ocean . We loved the area. We had really not stayed anywhere like this before. All down the boardwalk are small home owned pubs, pizza joints and restaurants. The area did not have the" commercialized" feel which until this trip I did not even realize I have grown to dislike. We like to go to restaurants and shops that are not the commercial chain stores, "local dives" if you will. We loved it. The service was above par at the hotel. Everything that we requested was accommodated with a smile.

We stayed here a couple of days waiting to get on a cruise to the Bahamas(which was a train wreck...Imperial Cruise Lines). We are planning a trip back next year just to stay here in Hollywood Beach for 4 or 5 days. We will stay here at the Marriott again if possible. Ice Cream all up and down the boardwalk. It was like I was in ice cream heaven. Just typing this makes me want to go back already.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Marriott Hollywood Beach? Share your experiences!