“Perfect getaway with my daughter!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #14 of 64 Hotels in Hollywood
PALMETTO, FL
“Perfect getaway with my daughter!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Great stay! From the minute we walked in, everyone was friendly, courteous & attentive. I was hoping to get some r & r and still having enough activity for my constantly moving 8 year old. Both of us got exactly what we were looking for! My daughter & I had a great time meeting new people at the well maintained pool. I felt constantly and warmly looked after by a very gracious and attentive staff... Special shout outs to Alex, the pool side server & the 2 great pool attendants(I forgot their names!) The room was clean and well appointed, everything was in working order. The hotel was making improvements and they did it in an unobtrusive manner. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The only thing it really has going for this hotel is the beach, the infused water, and the staff was super nice! The pool was small. The furniture is tooo big for the room. I felt I had no space to move around. The hotel has alot of people coming in and out and the lobby is small to be able to fit everyone.

Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
homestead
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

booked this hotel for 2 nights so I could spend the 4th of July weekend in Miami. I've been to a lot of Marriotts nationwide and I am a member, so I was disappointed when I walked in my room. This Marriott was so bad, its gotta be a franchise. Bathroom was smaller than the elevator, I couldn't use the sink without almost falling into the toilet. Did not look like pictures.Wifi did not work and staff didn't help.Air conditioner was broken, since when turning it on made the room hotter?I had to cancel the 2nd night but turns out I didn't need to because according to the manager chris sabbagh there was no second night booked at all! i even over heard his conversation with fellow coworker of what was said about me beyond UNPROFESSIONAL, like you couldnt even wait for me to walk away, i doubt thats marriots standard but then again this a p.o.s. marriot so of course they would have a p.o.s. manager named chris running the place. This was an overall horrible experience.

Stayed July 2015
marriottbeachfront, Manager at Marriott Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, yesterday
Thanks for your opinions of us, we are surprised to hear of this, as you can see our reviews are so good from our guests. I hope you were able to alert us of the challenges while you stayed here, and gave us a chance to repair/attend to your issues.
Saginaw
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Made guaranteed reservation months ago for partial ocean view and requested an upper floor room. Checked in around 6:30pm local time and was given room on second floor that from the balcony revealed a very partial view of the ocean. Found out when I got home the hotel folks had called around 4:30 to confirm I was going to show up. It was a guaranteed reservation with a credit card, why call me at home when I was supposed to be in Hollywood, Florida? Anyway, the room was clean but not quite what I had requested. Lesson learned: Show up early if you want the room you requested! Location was right on the beach, there's outdoor eating that was pleasant. A two piece band entertained the crowd. The Broadwalk was bustling with young and old alike in everything from skimpy bikinis to jeans and t-shirts riding bikes, skateboards, roller blades, and jogging beside those who were more inclined to simply walk. Restaurants and souvenir shops were abundant. This allows me to give the hotel excellent marks for location.

Room Tip: Get a high floor if you want some peace and quiet. Lots of activity going on around the hotel at gr...
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Fayetteville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I came down here to get away for a few days and had a great time. The staff are all very nice and helpful. The property and the guests were a little frustrating. I feel like I am used to a certain Marriott standard of excellence that this property lacks. Hollywood Beach is nice and has a lively nightlife. There is a bar a little south of the hotel called Nick's that is a lot of fun. I want to commend the staff but I will probably stay at a different location on subsequent trips to South Florida.

Stayed July 2015, traveled solo
Thanks for your review and glad that your overall stay was nice. We do hope to see you return!
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We returned here after visiting years ago and had a great enjoyable experience.
The rooms a very much key west style. The hotel is an older Marriott starting to show its age but I would still recommend staying here. Best reason is it is a short walk across the boardwalk to being directly on the beach. By short I mean a stines throw away.
The beach bar is a great place to hang out because both guest and locals hang here.if regular locals are frequenting the place you know it's good.
Wenever ate dinner here but lunches were good, typical marriot beach bar menu.
The bartender here, Donna made our stay! This pretty little lady was so personable and friendly that she made our stay! If you go tell her that her friends from Dallas say hello.
Also, the concierge Milton was very freundky and helpful.
We will be returning, we like the location for whatever reason there is always a nice breeze flowing so you never feel hot and the friendly staff here is hard to beat.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple
Sterling, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We were in town to visit family and chose this hotel because it's right on the beach. In fact, the broadwalk is steps away from the back of the hotel.

The positives:

If you choose a suite, it comes with a king-sized bed and a sleeper couch. I would advise doing this if there are 3 adults in your party as the regular rooms that sleep 4 consist of 2 double beds.

The rooms that have a partial ocean view actually have a surprisingly great view! We had one that faced south and still had a nice view.

The staff is very friendly---and this includes every staff member we encountered. Also, they are very helpful.

We are Marriott Rewards gold level members and thus had access to the concierge lounge, which is in the penthouse. There are no guest rooms on the penthouse level, just meeting rooms. The staff in the concierge lounge is the friendliest we've ever found in any concierge lounge! Also, before being allowed into the concierge lounge for breakfast, an employee checks off your name on a list. The bacon served there was tasty and maple-flavored. Not only that, if you can get a table by a window, the north-facing view is fantastic!

The negatives:

If you book a suite, it is referred to a "concierge level" suite which, in a way is misleading. With a name like that, we figured that we would be on the same floor as the concierge lounge. As I previously mentioned, there are no guest rooms on that level. Thus, we were surprised that we were on the 5th floor.

Considering what it cost for a suite, it was very disappointing that we didn't get a balcony. Usually, at a hotel, the rooms with balconies are the more expensive ones.

Off season rates are high. I hate to think what that suite costs in high season!

If you want to park your car, it is expensive. Non-valet is $17/day while valet is $19/day. At least the garage is right next to the hotel and we didn't have a problem finding a parking spot.

So, basically, you get nickled and dimed when it shouldn't be necessary.

The pool and the surrounding area is nice but when my husband and daughter went into it, they noticed that it wasn't kept very clean. In fact, my husband said that he encountered a large clump of hair.

All that said, we would stay here again. The hotel has very strict rules as to how many people can stay in a room (no more than 4 per room and that is for a room with 2 double beds). So, if you have a family of 5 or more, plan on getting 2 rooms. I can understand the rules as I imagine that during spring break, they want to discourage those who break the rules and come to party.

Room Tip: The suites don't have balconies, so if you want a balcony, take a regular room.
  • Stayed June 2015, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach
Ocean Inn
#8 of 64 in Hollywood
4.5 of 5 stars 453 reviews
Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton

Been to Marriott Hollywood Beach? Share your experiences!