“Long weekend at this property, was way too short!” 5 of 5 stars

Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #15 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“Long weekend at this property, was way too short!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Everything from the room, service, staff, bar/restaurant was excellent. We were in town for the Valentine weekend and to see Andrea Bocelli at The Seminole Hard Rock. Wish we could have spent a few more days as the location is central to the beach, town of hollywood and Nearby destinations such as Lauderdale and Miami. "penny"

Room Tip: Very nice ocean front rooms are available. I am Platinum on Marriott and was able to secure a room u...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
Lafayette Hill, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at the Hollywood Beach Marriott from 2/18-2/22/2015 in room 811, with an incredible view of the ocean. This hotel was AWESOME! Great location right on the beach, fantastic & attentive staff led by the most attention to detail manager, Albert McDonald, I have ever seen.

We are Marriott Platinum Elite members & travel quite a bit and I have to say this was one of our best stays. I honestly can't think of one negative thing to say. From the Valet's that said "welcome back" every time we pulled in, to the front desk staff, everyone had a sincere smile on their faces. Even the restaurant staff were pleasant and efficient despite the fact that they were pack and hustling. We will go back, often, to this hotel!!!

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor and had an "Ocean View" that was as good as "Ocean Front&quo...
Lakeside, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

You can't beat this location. Right on the Hollywood boardwalk. Outside your front door is the beach! the staff is kind and wonderful. The hotel is old. While the rooms are comfortable, the common areas are old and could take some updating!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed at this hotel two nights prior to our cruise. Booked last minute, due to a snowstorm in Boston. Paid close to 1,000 for two nights for our family of four. Was told after I booked on their website, that they couldn't guarantee me two double beds. Huh? I entered two double beds on the search engine, that's what I wanted. I tried to cancel over the phone, and they gave me the runaround, switching me from one person to the next. Finally I ended right back to the manager I called in the beginning. They wouldn't cancel my reservation, but said they would put bedding on the floor if double beds weren't available. Unacceptable, but what could I do at that point? We did end up with the two beds thank goodness.

On the positive side, the location of the hotel was fantastic. It's right on the boardwalk, right next to a beautiful beach. Plenty of restaurants and entertainment, all within walking distance

I would stay here again, if the price was right, and they guaranteed the room I wanted.

Stayed February 2015
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hotel caters to locals. Room was mediocre at best, not up to Marriott level they claim to be. Bathrooms were only 2 star. Not clean!They will have a hard time surviving after Margaritaville opens. Only one bartender on duty during a heavy Feb. break day (Feb. 17) Had a 20 min. wait for drinks. Locals served first.

• Stayed February 2015
ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My second stay here within a year's time, but this is my first review of this property. This time, we booked two rooms, one couple per room.

Location/transportation: less than 30 mins from the FLL airport via taxi. Hotel is directly on the beach, separated only by the "Broadwalk" which runs parallel to the ocean. I much prefer this to hotels that are separated from the beach by A1A and its constant stream of vehicles. The land here is about 1/10th of a mile wide and goes on for miles, bordered by the ocean to the east and the Intracoastal Waterway to the west. There is a "trolley" stop [aka: bus!] just outside the hotel’s parking garage. $1 per ride, air conditioned, clean, free transfers and runs every 30 mins. Trolleys will take you up and down the beach as well as into downtown [search on "Hollywood Trolley" for more info]. Our hotel valet, Daniel, was happy to arrange any other transportation and was there to greet us upon our return.

Food/shopping: It's about 1/2 mile south down the broadwalk, or A1A, before you encounter the dense cluster of shops, bars, restaurants and the busiest part of the beach. OC liquors is the best place to purchase libations. Don’t bother with Joe’s Market for anything [yuck]. Instead, taxi or trolley to the Publix Supermarket on Young’s circle downtown.

Drinks/dining: Latitudes, the Marriott's restaurant, is very good and could not be more convenient. Lisa was our server for brunch and she made the meal so very pleasant, we also truly enjoyed the meals we were served. Kudos to Chris Keeler for being so sweet to my folks on Valentine's Day. Alex is at the Food and Beverage helm and you are in his VERY capable hands here. Thank you Alex for going out of your way to make our trip memorable. Best flaming shot I ever had AND I still have most of my facial hair! On-site bar is the "Tiki Bar" where they will have live music and great drinks [I suggest one of Marthely's awesome, scratch-made LI Iced Teas]. Offsite, you can check out GG's Waterfront Bar and Grill [nice], Giorgio’s Bakery&Bistro [casual], The Taco Spot [very casual] and if you make it downtown, try Orale for excellent, casual Mexican.

Beach: ample fine white sand, surf was generally calm, no crowds, lifeguard on duty, clean.

Hotel: First and foremost, ***the staff at this hotel is what sets it apart***. The housekeeping crews are efficient and friendly. Our room, 1003, was immaculate at check-in and every day thereafter. Please remember to tip these fine folks! Room is equipped with mini-fridge, 1-cup coffee maker, nice toiletries, desk, wifi [very poor signal strength in my room]; slider opens up to small balcony with 2 chairs. 1003 had a great, north-facing view of the ocean and beach. Unfortunately, I was told there was no king bed available for me and my wife, the first time we ago away without the kids and we are in separate beds!! A/C unit was pretty noisy when the compressor kicked in, but you are in control of room temp and it does its job well.

Pool and Grounds: We all LOVED Nick and Jerome at the pool! These two lads were always smiling and quick to meet the needs of everyone poolside. They never stopped scanning their domain to make sure their guests were safe, comfortable and happy. Available to all is a dispenser of fruit-infused ice water, which is a really welcome touch. When we were ready for drinks and food each day, Meghan cheerfully and accurately delivered! There is a nice hot tub next to the pool and we were always able to secure loungers and towels when we needed them.

Concierge lounge: On PH level, not open to all guests, inquire when booking if it is important to you. Open for breakfast M-F 6a-10a, Hors d'oeuvres Su-Th 5:30p-7:30p and Dessert Su-Th 7:30p-10p. Can't say enough good things about breakfast and the ladies that tend it. There was always a tasty and ample selection of items each morning and Gaby and Yetzabate are both so sweet and accommodating. They meticulously maintained the breakfast bar and always remained pleasant as they fielded various requests from the guests. In the afternoon, Vikky and Shirlene continued their excellent service through the hors d'oeuvres, and the dessert that followed. I miss Vikky's smile and Shirlene's laugh! In the afternoons, there were lovely selections of high quality cheeses, a nice salad and a random hot app. Some nights, they will only put out stuff like deep-fried mac-n-cheese balls, which do not appeal to us. Other times, they provide a nice quality option; it’s hit or miss. We agreed that we would love to see some improvement in this area [maybe a smaller cheese selection but better app choice?]. By far, our fondest memories of the concierge lounge are the genuine smiles of the four fine ladies that staffed it!

Overall eval: Like I said, "Nothing Ugly"! I would have given my highest rating, but I have what boils down to a price/value objection. As wonderful as the property, staff and Concierge lounge are, the price point here is higher than some good all-inclusives.
*Thank you to my friends at the Marriott Hollywood Beach for a lovely stay.*

Safe travels to my TA friends. Thank you for all of your valuable guidance over the years....
-Don

Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I am a frequent visitor to the Hollywood/ Hallandale beach area. We usually rent when we're here, however chose to stay at this hotel since we only needed an overstay night stay on this particular occasion. I came across this hotel a couple times while running the Boardwalk on previous occasions and figured I would give it a shot since we love the area and the hotels proximity to the beach makes it quite appealing.

That being said, this place has no business charging over 330$ a nite (it can go as high as $500-600 a nite during high periods). As many others have already acknowledged, this hotel is in dramatic need of renovations. It appears from recent responses by the management to posts on tripadvisor that changes are coming...but these changes can't come soon enough, especially if they want to continue charging these prices and getting away with it. The 19$ valet charge (17$ for self park) is rediculous for this area.

In addition to the required upkeep, the hotel was overall badly maintained. Avoidable things like leftover food in the hallways to dirty walls were just some of the issues that are simply unacceptable for any hotel, let alone a Mariott brand.

When you brand yourself under the Mariott chain and charge exorbitant prices...you will be held to a comparative standard. If it wasn't for the location of this hotel on the boardwalk and facing the ocean...I would see absolutely no reason to stay here.

Making matters worse, the rooms are very tiny and overly crowded. We were lucky to get a corner unit w a view of both the intracoastal and the ocean which was nice.

Also worth noting was the lack of employees generally speaking for the actual hotel (not including the restaurant area). As well The elevators appeared dated/ slow/ out of order.

We are Mariott rewards members and the service provided showed zero appreciation for our status w respect to Mariott rewards.

• Stayed February 2015

Been to Marriott Hollywood Beach? Share your experiences!