“Business friendly!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
New York City, New York
“Business friendly!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

This was my first stay and it was terrific. Only a couple of negatives…one was the poor service at the outdoor bar--took a very long time to get a sandwich at lunch time. However, the bartender comped my drink, so that was a nice touch. The other was that the terrace door in my room would not open and while the staff offered to come up and help me, I declined, not wanting to be bothered. I would definitely staya here again, however. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Stayed here for 1 night after returning from a Caribbean cruise, everything was clean and in order. Staff were helpful and courteous. I would definitely recommend a stay here if the need presented itself for any traveler

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Bayville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

With a spot right on the boardwalk, Marriott Hollywood Beach has just enough of everything to keep you happy. The service was very nice. No complaints about the food. The rooms were very clean. I would go back again in a heart beat. My only complaint is that there is not much to do in the immediate area, but everything is within a short car ride.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Morristown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Located right on the very quaint boardwalk and beautiful beach, you cannot beat this spot.

The service is exceptional and we loved the old Spanish Florida feel of the decor but with current style. Rooms are very comfortable with good size bathroom.

We had access to the Concierge level for snacks and such, but it was such an after thought on the hotels part we only went once.

The breakfast buffet was very good and prices were very reasonable.

Will definitely be back to this hotel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Birmingham, Ala.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I have stayed in Marriotts since the early 1980's. I don't know who is managing this one but they deserve a pat on the back.
The entire staff, bar none, is geared toward customer service. I did not find any exceptions.
We dealt with many people, in many positions and they were all excellant and customer service was number one with them.
Yes, the hotel is an older one but you cannot beat the location. The broadwalk is fabulous.
This has become an annual thing with us and we plan to stay here in the future.
The only criticism we would have is the loud music which goes all weekend and up into the night. I think the hotel would be better off without it.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room to avoid the band at the outside bar. The music is very loud and awful.
Highland, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

1) First note am a Marriott Platinum member - I know my Marriott's.
2) Upon making the reservation I had requested to be on the South or West side of the property(The North Side is shady after 10 AM) Upon checking in I was told no rooms on that side were available - I was totally flexible stating the although my profile had requested King bed I'd take anything on the other side. AND we would switch rooms if one became available on the other side of the property - PLEASE CALL ME (they have my mobile, and email in my profile . I checked in on Friday late Afternoon = the Hotel didn't appear to be that busy. Upon checking with desk the next day at breakfast I received a :( stating o I should have called just a little earlier - to switch rooms. UH - U were to call me !
3) Service - sub par two(**) I expect much more from this category of Marriott. As stated TLC mentioned in the earlier post. I would agree that this should be a ~$150 / night property based upon cleanliness (just better than Fair on Room and bath room cleaning) , service and staff.

Room Tip: If you like sun, choose the South or East Side - If you like shade choose the North side
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I am at a loss of the bad to mediocre reviews by some travelers. maybe our expectations are different. We expect clean, safe and hospitable service. We received all of those things during our first visit to South Florida.
We arrived a few hours early and expected they would not have our room ready but Ms. Joseph and the front desk staff allowed us to check our luggage with them and advised they would do all they could to expedite. So we grabbed lunch on the Broadwalk and just enjoyed the sun and sights. A couple of hours they had our room ready and Ms. Joseph offered us champagne and was very through in explaining the breakfast and concierge level arrangements. She was very nice as was all the staff we encountered. Our room was on the 7th floor and had a nice view of the ocean. We thought the room was really nice with plenty of space.Yes some of the furniture had some wear on it but hardly was it run down. The bed was soooo comfortable. The balcony was ample for what we wanted, sitting down and having a beverage to relax. The hotel location is excellent!
I think people should realize this is a BUSY area and a busy property due to location as is the entire area. Tourism is a staple part of the Florida economy. Our advice would be come here, slow down, relax and enjoy. It's paradise in our opinion.
As far as we are concerned we will be back and we highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Marriott Hollywood Beach? Share your experiences!