“Best managed Marriott in the chain!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #11 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
Birmingham, Ala.
“Best managed Marriott in the chain!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I have stayed in Marriotts since the early 1980's. I don't know who is managing this one but they deserve a pat on the back.
The entire staff, bar none, is geared toward customer service. I did not find any exceptions.
We dealt with many people, in many positions and they were all excellant and customer service was number one with them.
Yes, the hotel is an older one but you cannot beat the location. The broadwalk is fabulous.
This has become an annual thing with us and we plan to stay here in the future.
The only criticism we would have is the loud music which goes all weekend and up into the night. I think the hotel would be better off without it.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room to avoid the band at the outside bar. The music is very loud and awful.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
Highland, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

1) First note am a Marriott Platinum member - I know my Marriott's.
2) Upon making the reservation I had requested to be on the South or West side of the property(The North Side is shady after 10 AM) Upon checking in I was told no rooms on that side were available - I was totally flexible stating the although my profile had requested King bed I'd take anything on the other side. AND we would switch rooms if one became available on the other side of the property - PLEASE CALL ME (they have my mobile, and email in my profile . I checked in on Friday late Afternoon = the Hotel didn't appear to be that busy. Upon checking with desk the next day at breakfast I received a :( stating o I should have called just a little earlier - to switch rooms. UH - U were to call me !
3) Service - sub par two(**) I expect much more from this category of Marriott. As stated TLC mentioned in the earlier post. I would agree that this should be a ~$150 / night property based upon cleanliness (just better than Fair on Room and bath room cleaning) , service and staff.

Room Tip: If you like sun, choose the South or East Side - If you like shade choose the North side
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I am at a loss of the bad to mediocre reviews by some travelers. maybe our expectations are different. We expect clean, safe and hospitable service. We received all of those things during our first visit to South Florida.
We arrived a few hours early and expected they would not have our room ready but Ms. Joseph and the front desk staff allowed us to check our luggage with them and advised they would do all they could to expedite. So we grabbed lunch on the Broadwalk and just enjoyed the sun and sights. A couple of hours they had our room ready and Ms. Joseph offered us champagne and was very through in explaining the breakfast and concierge level arrangements. She was very nice as was all the staff we encountered. Our room was on the 7th floor and had a nice view of the ocean. We thought the room was really nice with plenty of space.Yes some of the furniture had some wear on it but hardly was it run down. The bed was soooo comfortable. The balcony was ample for what we wanted, sitting down and having a beverage to relax. The hotel location is excellent!
I think people should realize this is a BUSY area and a busy property due to location as is the entire area. Tourism is a staple part of the Florida economy. Our advice would be come here, slow down, relax and enjoy. It's paradise in our opinion.
As far as we are concerned we will be back and we highly recommend.

Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed at the place on our way to KW and on the way back. The hotel is located right on the Boardwalk and is quite handy. The staff there are absolutely fantastic from top to bottom. I had a painter who was working near the elevator grab my bag and carry it. All are quite accommodating, pleasant and helpful. The hotel itself is very nice but needs a bit of attention. Such things as frayed carpets, wall paper coming off, and paint. Nothing major but with the rates they get it should be better cared for. All in all the stay was great and we would go back.

Quincy, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

The staff, the board walk, and the beach are the only things going for this hotel. The grand total for one night was $345.56. This hotel is worth about $150.00/night. The staff are super friendly and helpful, the board walk is right outside and fun to stroll along and the beach is just beyond the board walk. Those things would bring me back to this hotel. However, the rooms are small and dated. It could really use a revamp. There is no interior access through the parking garage which is a little annoying during checking in and out. Great area, run down over priced hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
marriottbeachfront, Manager at Marriott Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are actually investing into our hotel this year, we hope you come back to see the improvements.
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I am a demanding customer and I got really surprised at this beach hotel. Rooms are spacious and most of them have an ocean view. Food is very good and also hotel staff is very professional and helpful. The hotel is by the sidewalk so you can go for a walk at all times, rent a bike or swimming at the hotel beach (heated water) or relaxing at the hotel spa.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Great location on boardwalk, with lots of cafes nearby. Champagne on arrival and welcoming staff, but rooms were a bit dingy and the dark wood furniture was scuffed. The bathroom was fine and the room clean. Maid service later in day. Small balconies and if on south side of hotel they are sun traps- handy if it's cool weather. The air con was very noisy at night, so we slept with patio door open. Taxis to downtown Hollywood about $12, trolley bus $1 from behind hotel.
My one BIG grouch about this place however was the laundry. I put the items I'd travelled in - although they were still fresh, into the laundry so I had completely clean clothes to travel home. The 2 items were returned beautifully pressed ( including creases in my jeans unfortunately) on hangars covered in polythene. I decided to wear them a few days later in a different place and found they absolutely stank! They smelled like they'd been thrown among a football teams dirty towels, then taken out and been pressed. Yuck! Do not use the laundry service!. I hope someone from the hotel reads this and checks the laundry place out.

Room Tip: Rooms on south side in sun all day, so balcony is like a sun trap even if it's cold
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. We are reviewing the external laundry service, and hope to see you here again soon!

Been to Marriott Hollywood Beach? Share your experiences!