We visited the Hollywood Beach (Florida) Marriott on North Ocean Drive the first week in December. This very impressive building is loaded with character. I am guessing it is at least 50 years old, and thrived in its heyday of hotels along the Broward Coast as a Howard Johnson's before the art deco era. It was purchased by Marriott in 2001. Marriott reportedly spent $7 million to renovate the property and currently is planning more.
It is decorated with lots of dark woods and colorful furnishings, reflecting an old Florida style. The rooms are well appointed, the beds very comfortable. Its location is perfect: Right on the beach with great views of the Atlantic Ocean from most all rooms.
The famous “Broadwalk” separates the hotel from the beach by just a few yards. Runners, joggers, skateboarders, walkers, bicyclers and inline skaters can be found traversing the miles-long broadwalk.
The hotel’s rates are not cheap, such as 2- and 3-stars, but the extra cost is well worth the trip to this facility. We were lucky to get a decent room price, under $300, and it included a full breakfast and free parking. By the way, the breakfast is one of the best we have ever had. Kudos to the chefs.
This facility’s hospitality is second to none. All customers are greeted cheerfully, from top managers down to maintenance personnel. Many hotels could take a hospitality lesson from this grand old dame on the ocean.
We like the amenity of added fruit to the hotel’s water coolers, a pleasant-tasting change.
There is also a gift shop, and a coffee shop that has a limited food menu.
The only downside is the Tiki Bar and Restaurant at the rear of the hotel on the broadwalk. Eating or drinking at the bar outside when it is extremely windy or cold can be a dealbreaker. We hope, with the added renovations, Marriott will consider an indoor bar with a few tables and perhaps include a small area for a piano player or guitarist.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Hollywood Beach Hotel Hollywood
- Marriott Hollywood Beach Hotel
- Marriott Hollywood
- Hollywood Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New carpeting now in every room!Situated apart from the busy strip of tourist hotels near Fort Lauderdale, you will find a relaxing getaway at our casual, boutique-style hotel in Hollywood, Florida. Perfect for families and couples, and located between the Atlantic Ocean and the Intracoastal Waterway, the Hollywood Beach Marriott Hotel offers guests a dazzling South Florida oceanfront location, yet we are just an easy 6 miles from the Fort Lauderdale airport and 8 miles from Port Everglades. Featuring 229 South Floridian style guest rooms, this Hollywood beach resort boasts an array of amenities such as plush Marriott bedding, balconies and water views. Relax and enjoy a treatment at the full-service spa or bask in the sun at the beachfront pool before exploring the famous 2 1/2 mile long Broadwalk and its restaurants, cafes and nightlife. From productive meetings to stunning beach weddings, this Hollywood, FL hotel can easily accommodate your meeting and event needs. We look forward to your visit to the Hollywood Beach Marriott, a AAA Four-Diamond hotel in Hollywood, Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Marriott, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, Hotels.com, Fareportal , Agoda and Venere so you can book your Marriott Hollywood Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.