“Nice property - great location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #11 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
Cooper City, Florida
“Nice property - great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

First of all, Hollywood beach is special for the Miami- Ft. Lauderdale area. Properties are just a boardwalk away from the beach. Not only are beaches very accessible from properties, They are much less crowded than some in the area.

Marriott is the only full service hotel on the beach. Bar, restaurant and pool area are a nice escape. Rooms and service are what you would expect from Marriott.

• Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
Atlantic City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I'm a little late writing this review, but HAD to write about this place. My boyfriend & I were staying at another place for free through family in Hallendale & decided to visit Hollywood Beach & grab some lunch at the Marriot. SO GLAD we did! We were served by Lisa who is a very sweet caring person & now a friend. Instead of leaving Florida when we were supposed to, my boyfriend surprised me by extending our stay at the Marriot. Everyone is so nice, friendly & are willing to help you in any way with a smile. The rooms were very nice with comfy beds. Worth getting the beach front view with balcony & having access to the room that serves appetizers & desserts. I forget her name, but she's a sweet Spanish lady who we talked to for awhile who is an amazing cook! Basically, if you want to be served with smiles & great hospitality from the wait staff to the bartenders then you should definitely book your stay here & make sure you ask for Lisa when dining in the restaurant!

Room Tip: Choose an ocean front room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I was staying it this hotel quite frequently few years ago (2006). Unfortunately it used to be very good, now is just average. They used to have Starbucks coffee in the lobby. Coffee place has been replaced with pizza place. Rooms were not renovated in past 7 years. Prices for room however went up. It is still probably best location in the area, but only location seems to be outstanding, other things are just average.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Farmington, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

You have developed a totally great team at this campus. Was greeted at the front desk by "Be be". Might have the name a bit wrong but she is totally awesome. Advised me that as silver elite we could use the pent house amenities. Provided a brief download on our room but what was the best and most important thing was that totally relaxed but for real smile and the ultra friendly attitude. This trip I took my wife so it was extra pleasing to have a great room with use of the amenities available on the pent house floor. We had a totally great team member in the room where you had a great choice of appetizers. She is totally awesome also but cannot quite remember her name. We also had a great team member on the earlier AM shift. Both took time to explain what was available and when. My wife and I used this service a lot as I was on business but needed to pay for her expenses. We did not talk to or meet any team member from maintenance, housekeeping, restaurant or the front desk that did not acknowledge us with a friendly smile and a good morning or how are you today. All with genuine smiles. Yes please do share my review with your team. This Marriott campus has the greatest team members in total that we have come across in our travels. "Penny"

Room Tip: The exercise room is totally awesome but is on the second floor. If that's one of your needs th...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

My wife and I have come back to this hotel time after time - for many years. We love it because it is an unpretentious but high quality Marriott with great friendly and courteous service. It is right on the boardwalk running along Hollywood beach shore. It's restaurant is overlooking the ocean - as does it's beautiful pool. All staff -from doorman to concierge to front desk staff to laundry staff to waiters et alis - all are friendly, very accomodating, and ca't wait do do something for us.

The place is clean, has a parking garage, and has lot's of options for different levels of service.

If you want an ideal place to have a romantic, family, or retirement visit - book early and often. you will really enjoy.

Room Tip: get a room with "partial view" to the ocean. South looking rooms have slightly better vie...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

As a Marriott Plat member for years I have been to a lot Marriott's' in the world and the service we received here was 2nd to none. In the Concierge Lounge had the friendliest and best service i have ever received. The Food and Bev Manager went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed. A+. It's really close to the FLL Airport and right on the boardwalk, don't even need a rental car for a short weekend trip. Don't judge the hotel by the outside! Get inside and have a great time and a great price and excellent service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I travel for a living and stay at Marriott properites along with Starwood properties.
I don't feel too inclined to write reviews of a place unless they totally impress me or they do not take care of an issue that I have addressed with the management while there on my stay.
This last stay was beyond expectations. I have stayed here in the past and the staff has been friendly and about average and the location is always what brought us back to stay.
This past visit went beyond my expectations. It was Thanksgiving weekend to start, so I expected the staff to be "less than happy" because they would be having to work. The staff on the other hand were really catering to everyone's needs and expectations and they DID IT WITH A SMILE AND TRUE SINCERITY.
I was overwhelmed with the service they provided. It was also nice to see a few of the wait staff member still working there considering I have stayed at this hotel 10+or more times over the past 2 years. In addition to that note, the staff came over and chatted and said hello.
In a nutshell, the hotel is very comfortable, the service staff from all levels take care to notice the small details to make your stay special. And most importantly, THEY DO IT WITH SINCERITY which is really difficult considering they all have to work on a Thanksgiving holiday.
If you are looking for a Ritz Carlton experience with a catering to your needs aspect, then this is the hotel you need to stay at when coming to the SOFL area.
Located right on the beach, with beachfront room views. Even the live entertainment is fantastic and all the amenities of the property are well maintained including the gym.
The food was wonderful the two days I stayed there. When I mentioned to one of the staff members that I had a reservation for the Turkey Dinner at 4.30 and I was so hungry could she see if they could get me an earlier slot since they were completely booked with over 1k people scheduled for this meal. The staff worked together to make arrangements to make it happen.
For price, location and a catered to mentality and great food, this is the SPOT to stay.
Great Job Everyone! Thanks again for a memorable experience!

Room Tip: Pay for Concierge if you can. It is worth it. The food is great and you get free water, drinks etc.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Been to Marriott Hollywood Beach? Share your experiences!