“Aggressive Valet- I have always pulled up in front to unload my bags” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Hollywood Beach

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #11 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Aggressive Valet- I have always pulled up in front to unload my bags”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We pulled up in our rental car to unload our luggage, we were planning on taking our rental car back to the airport, we were yelled at to move (what does it take 2 minutes to remove luggage) then the valet was trying to take the car keys out of my daughters hands. I called Marriott on Sunday after this happened, I was shaken and didn't feel safe at this hotel. The manager called me on Tuesday, I went to talk to him on Wednesday as I was checking out and he seemed to think it was appropriate for a valet to force ably remove keys from my daughters hands, he was not customer oriented. We were 3 women traveling alone....I bet the valet wouldn't of tried that with a man! I called Marriott, thank goodness they seemed concerned about employees being angry and aggressive. Other than the rude valet everything else was great....I would never stay at this location again, but I heard there was another Marriott down the road with shopping and restaurants in the area...this hotel had several run down small motels surrounding it. If you don't have a car and don't want the expense of a cab, you would have to walk 1/2 mile to eat somewhere else, the trolley only runs Wed-Sunday.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where the air conditioner doesn't buzz.....
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This hotel is really all you need for a relaxing retreat. We checked in very early (11AM) and there was a 4th floor room available- in hindsight I wish I had waited for a room on a higher floor as the view wasn't that great. Check in was a breeze. The employees were always pleasant and willing to engage in conversation or answer questions about the area for us. Overall this resort is in a great location, clean, well appointed rooms, pool and beach are well maintained. The beds were comfortable, linens and towels in good condition. Large bathroom. Our room had 2 balconies. One that was big enough for a table and chairs but it had nothing on it. The other balcony was only big enough for 2 chairs and over looked the entrance/driveway. We used the pool more than the beach mainly b/c the weather wasn't the best and we dodged the rain most of our stay. I was very impressed with the fitness center. The size of the gym was much bigger than I expected, with plenty of cardio, free weights and machines to use.
The $ "extra's" $
The beach cabana, chair and umbrella rental is a little pricey, but for a couple of days it won't break the bank- also there is no drink or food service at the beach or the pool. The bar/restaurant is only a few steps away so really not a big deal. Parking is $17/day for self park or $19/day for valet. If you are planning to see/do things in the area I would suggest renting a car as there isn't a ton to do right in Hollywood along the Broadwalk. We rented from MIA airport and it was under $200 for the week- add in parking to determine if taxi fares to/from Fort Lauderdale, Everglades, Miami will balance out, but I don't think we could've done all the things we did without a rental or taking out a small loan for taxi fare :) I believe there is a charge for Wi-Fi but we didn't use it, but we heard people at the pool talking about the spotty service. Full Breakfast Buffet was $17.95 (full spread plus omelet station) and Cold Breakfast Buffet (including oatmeal) was $12.95. They also have a good selection of ala carte items or breakfast entrees. I would say the food quality was good- service was VERY good.

If you are planning to just stay at the resort and relax you will really enjoy how quiet this area is. If you are looking for a place with nightlife and lots of day time activities you might be disappointed. We enjoyed our stay and would stay here again if the rate was reasonable.

Room Tip: Ask for Ocean View above the 5th floor. Ice Machines are on odd numbered floors.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I booked at Hollywood beach resort down the street ,,,, sad ... Never again ,,, Drove few blocks up the street found this hotel ,,, nice for only 35 dllrs more got me a real nice hotel room ,,, FREE PARKING breakfast buffet only 17 dlls bar outside was great ,,,,

• Stayed September 2013
Kanata, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

On the boardwalk 5 minute walk to boardwalk life. The pool is great with the towel service, one less thing to pack. The beach is nice in that area too. Very busy, especially the restaurant. We didn't eat there but the smells of the food seemed yummy. Parking was 17 dollars per day park yourself with in and out privileges. Housekeeping didn't do our room until 430 which was way too late. Apparently they have till 5 pm to get it done. The room was updated but still looked dated and dusty. The balcony was small but facing the ocean. A nice place to stay for a weekend, staff was nice too.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Baltimore, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed three night recently (September 2013) at this property. The hotel is clean but a bit outdated and small. I booked this room as a Rewards member rate. I've noticed whenever I do this, I am given a substandard room on a lower floor with views of either a parking lot, generator, etc. You get my point. You don't get any upgrades or nicer rooms with a view. I feel like that should not be the case because as a Rewards member I frequent many Marriott properties. I do believe the entire hotel industry is used to this practice. The first complaint I have about is the shower head in my room. I usually take 5-10 minutes showers but the water pressue on the supposedly "green" waterfall showerhead was so week it took me over 30 minutes to shower and I still did not feel clean. Also, I noticed there were stains and hairs on the bed covers and the furniture was scratched in many places. I could hear the traffic on the road the entire time too. Staff was friendly and the food at the restaurant was pretty good. Service was ok at the restaurant. Nice to be near the boardwalk but that's about it. Did not visit the pool area. I would not come back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
So Cal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Had the oppty to stay at this hotel and was expecting more......but after staying there a few hours.......it started to feel better. Had to call down and request a few things for the room that should have been there. The coinceges level was small but glad they had one. I would stay here again but thought the pictures made it look like a nicer place. The business center needs some help as it was not up to date with MS Office 98 and was not able to print some ppt files........

• Stayed September 2013
Port Washington, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This past spring (May 2013) we enjoyed a 4 day mini vacation at the Marriott Hollywood Beach in south Florida. We definitely will be returning in the future !! This hotel has a tremendous beach location and is steps from a 3+ mile beach boardwalk The hotel staff and its physical amenities, broadly speaking, exceeded our expectations and went above and beyond to make our trip very memorable. After our 3 night stay, we felt like we knew the staff by name. The room and view was terrific, (also reasonably priced) beds were very comfortable with outstanding views from a double balcony facing the ocean and intercoastal.
Just inside the boardwalk, by the outdoor restaurant (outstanding BTW), there was a very fine pool, with nice umbrellas to provide some shade. Steps away, off the board, was the Atlantic and the beautiful beach!!
Frankly, nothing but exceptional things to say about this hotel and the time we stayed there. If you aren't booking at the Hollywood Marriott as you look for on-the-water facility here, you maybe are making a mistake. We had an absolute fantastic stay, no negatives to mention and had a great experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Marriott Hollywood Beach? Share your experiences!