I have so many mixed feelings about this hotel, so I decided to list pros and cons. Here it goes.
1. Located right in front of the beach and every room has an ocean view.
2. The hotel is nice inside and has been remodeled. Keep in mind it used to be a Howard Johnson, which clearly shows on the outside.
3. Right on the famous boardwalk which is nice to walk on and has many places for you to eat. There are also souviner and dress shops.
4. Concierge and front desk are friendly.
1. The bathroom door and shower door are see through. Which means if you are rooming with someone besides your spouse, you have to be careful.
2. Beds are hard and they hurt your back when you wake up every morning.
3. There is a $570 deposit that they hold on your card, which is ridicolous. We were not told until my friend was checking her bank account and saw the charge on the 2nd day when we were there. We confronted front desk, which did nothing. When we said we were calling the Marriott corporate office, they apoligized and everything got worked out.
4. There is def a lang barrier w/ front desk. None of them ever understood exactly what you were asking for. For example, I asked for a coffee mug and it took about 30 mins for them to figure it out. I learned quickly that most of the workers are French.
5. Watch out for this guy that Marriott hired to drive the "shuttle bus". He's rude, expensive, and has no idea where he is going. Your better off with calling a taxi. BTW, the hotel has to call the taxi for you, the taxi company will not come if you call yourself from the hotel, a little crazy. Make sure you go on on the taxi, not the guy who is sitting around the hotel.
6. The food is not that great.
7. This locals call this hotel the "scaryiott", so take it what its worth.
8. The Ramada in Hollywood looks alot nicer than the Marriott.
I don't think I would go back to this hotel, since I found more cons than pros.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Summer is in the air at the Hollywood Beach Marriott, a South Florida boutique hotel that is situated directly on the famed Hollywood Broadwalk and on the Atlantic Ocean. As the only Marriott hotel on the Broadwalk, and only five miles from Fort Lauderdale International Airport and eight miles from Port Everglades, this Hollywood Florida hotel that is on the beach is nestled away from the busy strip of tourist hotels near Fort Lauderdale, which captivates a true hometown, beach town experience for the best in accommodations. The Hollywood Broadwalk is rated as one of the best beach boardwalks by Travel + Leisure magazine and USA Today, offering almost three miles of strolling, biking, dining, and nightlife, all connecting to the hotel so you can walk to so many attractions. In walking distance, Florida action awaits you! Featuring 229 guest rooms lined with amazing water views, the Hollywood Beach Marriott also offers an indoor and outdoor restaurant to satisfy, plus a delightful beachfront pool and Jacuzzi for serenity. Casual and cool, we boast the perfect function space for your next beach Wedding, Mitzvah, or Corporate meeting. Whether on vacation or getting down to business, you can do it right in Hollywood, Florida ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays, TripOnline SA, Otel and Odigeo so you can book your Marriott Hollywood Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Hollywood Beach Hotel Hollywood
- Hollywood Marriott