I have so many mixed feelings about this hotel, so I decided to list pros and cons. Here it goes.
1. Located right in front of the beach and every room has an ocean view.
2. The hotel is nice inside and has been remodeled. Keep in mind it used to be a Howard Johnson, which clearly shows on the outside.
3. Right on the famous boardwalk which is nice to walk on and has many places for you to eat. There are also souviner and dress shops.
4. Concierge and front desk are friendly.
1. The bathroom door and shower door are see through. Which means if you are rooming with someone besides your spouse, you have to be careful.
2. Beds are hard and they hurt your back when you wake up every morning.
3. There is a $570 deposit that they hold on your card, which is ridicolous. We were not told until my friend was checking her bank account and saw the charge on the 2nd day when we were there. We confronted front desk, which did nothing. When we said we were calling the Marriott corporate office, they apoligized and everything got worked out.
4. There is def a lang barrier w/ front desk. None of them ever understood exactly what you were asking for. For example, I asked for a coffee mug and it took about 30 mins for them to figure it out. I learned quickly that most of the workers are French.
5. Watch out for this guy that Marriott hired to drive the "shuttle bus". He's rude, expensive, and has no idea where he is going. Your better off with calling a taxi. BTW, the hotel has to call the taxi for you, the taxi company will not come if you call yourself from the hotel, a little crazy. Make sure you go on on the taxi, not the guy who is sitting around the hotel.
6. The food is not that great.
7. This locals call this hotel the "scaryiott", so take it what its worth.
8. The Ramada in Hollywood looks alot nicer than the Marriott.
I don't think I would go back to this hotel, since I found more cons than pros.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New carpeting and chairs now in every room!Situated apart from the busy strip of tourist hotels near Fort Lauderdale, you will find a relaxing getaway at our casual, boutique-style hotel in Hollywood, Florida. Perfect for families and couples, and located between the Atlantic Ocean and the Intracoastal Waterway, the Hollywood Beach Marriott Hotel offers guests a dazzling South Florida oceanfront location, yet we are just an easy 6 miles from the Fort Lauderdale airport and 8 miles from Port Everglades. Featuring 229 South Floridian style guest rooms, this Hollywood beach resort boasts an array of amenities such as plush Marriott bedding, balconies and water views. Relax and bask in the sun at the beachfront pool before exploring the famous 2 1/2 mile long Broadwalk and its restaurants, cafes and nightlife. From productive meetings to stunning beach weddings, this Hollywood, FL hotel can easily accommodate your meeting and event needs. We look forward to your visit to the Hollywood Beach Marriott, a AAA Four-Diamond hotel in Hollywood, Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Marriott and Odigeo so you can book your Marriott Hollywood Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Hollywood Beach Hotel Hollywood
- Hollywood Marriott