“Great getaway!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
MA
“Great getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed here 6/1-6/4 and we made the right choice! The hotel was very nice and clean. From the moment we drove up they were opening the door for us and getting our bags. We checked in around 10am do the room was not ready but we were told we could use the pool and they would call us. We had a partial ocean view and it was great. The balcony is a bit small but it was fine.
This hotel has a great location right on the boardwalk and there are plenty of little places to eat within a short walk. I will return with my kids another time. With looking at the other places on the boardwalk you will be happy with your choice of the Marriott. The people were all so happy and always wanted to help us!

• Stayed June 2013

854 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
deer park,ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

My family and I just spent an absolutely fabulous weekend at the Marriott Hollywood Beach. The weekend was a special occasion and we had at least 30 people staying there at certain times. Pablo the concierge, was so helpful, Whatever you needed you just had to ask. Tina, the special events coordinator was great to book rooms with and went out of her way to help everyone. All of the staff was always smiling and saying hello and good morning. I've never experienced a more friendly staff. The rooms were adequate. They had some sort of a water view, either intercoastal or oceanview. The rooms were very clean. If I had to complain about anything it would be the food at the restaurant. I heard complaints that they mashed potatoes were the worst they ever had in their 85 years.
However, we did cater a party and the food for the party was quite good. There was a great selection of salads and entrees, including side dishes. If you are planning a family gathering, this is the place to go. There is a large area were there are couches and chairs were we all congregated each night. The pool and hot tub were great. The beach is so beautiful.
The accommodations are perfect and the staff more than makes up for the subpar food. Don't forget to ask for the group rates if you are booking ten or more rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for oceanfront. You get two separate balconies.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We visit family in the area several times a year and this is the place we try to stay. We have stayed other places around the area but this is our favorite. The rooms are very nice. Right on the beach so we can rent a cabana and enjoy. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We feel very safe here at this hotel and can enjoy walkingon the boardwalk. I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of the water. It is beautiful.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at the Hollywood Beach Marriott and were very happy with just about everything! The rooms were great, except that our sliding glass door did not lock nor shut all the way, so it was a little noisy. We let them know when we checked out, as it didn't really bother us, but we were afraid someone with small kids wouldn't be safe. I asked for a high floor when I booked my reservations, and they gave us what we wanted! The beach is right out the door and the boardwalk is awesome! We had dinner one night at the hotel and a dish I wanted was on their website menu, but not on their current menu in the restaurant. We were going to go somewhere else, but our server, Marthely said he would check with the chef and see what he could do. The chef had the ingredients for my dish so he said it was no problem to make! I thought that was very good customer service!!! I tried to tell the MGR on duty, but he never returned my call. The staff was attentive and very friendly and nice!! Will stay here again!!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor so you have the best view!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
marriottbeachfront, Manager at Marriott Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for the kind words, and we try to always accommodate you, the guest! Besides the brand new carpeting in every room, we have many, many other new items coming to enhance your stay even more.
All sliding glass doors are being updated/enhanced to open and close easily as well, due to that great salt air of the Atlantic Ocean. Cheers!
Cranston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We only had 3 days to getaway for our anniversary and I wanted it to be right, So I spent weeks reviewing this part of Florida because we had never been here before. The staff was OUTSTANDING from beginning to end. I requested the 8th floor ocean view and early check in which was provided with a smile. The room was beautiful and clean, exactly as pictured. It was 812, overlooking the pool. Nice size room, big bathroom, glass shower, large mirror and the blow dryer and magnifying mirror were great. It unfortunately rained for 2 days so Freddy and Jeanie were so kind as to give us numerous ideas of things we could do so not to spoil our trip. Thank God for them, they were always checking to see if we needed anything, very friendly and pleasant to be around. The food at the restaurant was great as well and the jacuzzi was awesome. The pool is a little small, but we came for the ocean and it was great to have it right as you walk out. The hotel was on the perfect spot on the boardwalk if you like it quiet. We will be back again and again. Thank you Marriott for making this one to remember :)

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side get more sun and overlook the pool.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are decently sized and clean. I stayed in the fourth floor and had a view of the pool and the beach. The Boardwalk is directly behind the hotel and the beach was also very clean but not very private. I stayed for Memorial Weekend for a wedding and found it to be a comfortable stay - the hotel nor the beach was over crowded and all was calm during the weekend.

Room Tip: I suggest staying in the 8th floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was the second in our vacation. ..this is due to originally staying at the most disgusting place I have ever been! The staff here made us feel welcome from the second we walked through the door, the rooms were clean and bed were soooo comfortable. The staff even remembered our names and greeted us each morning with a smile. The buffet was very delicious each morning, always fresh and well maintained. The servers were kind and prompt. At the end of our stay, I was so happy with the service, I had to seek out the general manager of the hotel to tell him that his hotel saved our vacation. We will definitely stay here again. No question about it!! The only thing that I would love to see is more shops and restaurants closer to the hotel. It was a bit of a long walk for my 6 year old. :)

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Marriott Hollywood Beach? Share your experiences!