“ONLY PLACE THAT I WILL GIVE MY BUSINESS TO :)” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Rewards Points!
Ranked #14 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
York, Maine
“ONLY PLACE THAT I WILL GIVE MY BUSINESS TO :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This hotel blew me away. The location was so perfect we did not even need to rent a car! Upon our arrival Paulo, the concierge introduced himself and gave us tips on great places to go! (we went to every spot, and all lived up to our expectations). We spent all of our down time between activities on the balcony that attached to our room. what a lovley place to be in the morning!
We had only one small glitch (if you'd even want to call it that) with our room charge, but the problem was fixed in minutes and was painless. Everything from the front desk staff, waitstaff, and housekeeping employees were outstanding. I got a friendly hello from everyone I crossed paths with. Make sure to dine on the outdoor patio. The Lobster bisque is delicious, and the Mudslides...to DIE for! A valet called a cab for us to take back to the airport and we were surprised with a limousine!!! we were thrilled and it was a great end to our most memorable vacation. I'll travel back to Florida in the future, and the Marriot Hollywood Beach Resort is the only hotel that I will give my business to. Hats off to ALL of the wonderful the wonderful staff, and thank you for helping us make some phenominal memories

Room Tip: Make sure you have a beach view! Although it's rather difficult not to see it from anywhere in t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Turkish first
Apopka, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Winston handle our check in, he was professional and informative. Overall the room was clean, there was one small incident with the shower. I noticed that it was not completely clean. I can tell where housekeeping began and where they failed at the daunting task of cleaning a glass shower door. The hotel has a restaurant called Aqua and the manager Alex made sure that my request were taken care of expeditiously. The service that Pedro gave while visiting the restaurant was exceptional. The only thing that bothered me (no fault of Marriott) were the patrons of the hotel. While sitting at the restaurant their were people coming in from the outside, on the patio as well as the beach who didn't care to speak in "their inside voices"! lol One time while sitting and waiting for my food I heard a group of young and older adults yelling about how they wanted to get laid. When coming in from the outside lounge area there is a sign that clearly states have shirt and shoes on. Yet this one guy who's belly should have been masked by anything cotton, felt confident enough to walk through the restaurant, pass check in (where I was standing) to go the elevators. I was totally disgusted. But hey you cant do anything about the people that choose to stay at the hotel! So for the most part happy with my stay. The staff was friendly and helpful, the bed was comfortable and the view was ok. What more can I ask?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have stayed here multiple times in the last year and each time it gets better and better.
The staff is very attentive, the room so comfortable, the Breakfast buffet is great, everything is fresh. I highly recommend . it is a bit pricey, but what can you expect for beach front hotel's

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great location right on the beach. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The view from the room is great if you get a partial ocean view. The restaurant is also very nice and they have good food. The staff is very friendly and the premises is accessible. I have mobility problems and I had no issues getting around. It was just a challenge to get to the water from the beach. If they had a beach wheelchair on hand we could borrow, I would have given 5 stars. Great experience overall.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great location, great rooms, great restaurant, and great staff. I stayed here and the Diplomat in the same stay and enjoyed the Marriott way more. Yes its smaller pool and all but they make up for it in staffing and quality.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We were in a suite overlooking the beach with excellent views of the water. The room was spacious and clean; the bed was comfortable. We ate two meals in the restaurant and found the service friendly and efficient. The only down side was that we could not check in until 3pm but suspected it could have been sooner with a little more effort - which we felt we paid for.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I booked this hotel in Fall 2012 to stay for a family visit in January 2013. A few weeks later I realized we were going to be unable to make the trip, so I called the hotel and cancelled the reservation. Or so I thought.

In February I was shocked to see a bill for a room for $240 on my Citibank credit card. I immediately called the credit card company and explained to them that I had cancelled the room. They told me to initiate a cancellation request, which I did. About a month late I received a notice that my dispute had been rejected. The Marriott Hollywood Beach was going to charge me the full amount for the room! I talked to Citibank again and they said that since I didn't have a record of the cancellation number, there was nothing they could do.

I suspect this is a scam. How many other people has this hotel ripped off in this fashion by not properly recording cancellation requests? BEWARE - this hotel may do the same thing to you they did to me. Make sure you keep any cancellation number they give you - or better yet, stay someplace else where the hotel is not operating a scam on customers who cancel reservations.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
marriottbeachfront, Manager at Marriott Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thanks for your comments. Please make sure that you contact Marriott reservations or whomever you made a reservation through, and ensure you always obtain a cancellation number, just as you receive a confirmation number when reserving. These are your two best ways for sure.
In these days with all this technology, it is important to have these numbers in cases like this, because we will only charge you if you do not cancel your room within the time frame that the reservation allows you to.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach
Ocean Inn
#9 of 65 in Hollywood
4.5 of 5 stars 457 reviews
Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton

Been to Marriott Hollywood Beach? Share your experiences!