“Great location, excellent service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #14 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
Treasure Island, Florida
“Great location, excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This Marriot is located right on the beach. The room I had was # 501 facing the ocean, on the North side. All rooms facing the ocean on the north side are above an area where live music is played each Friday and Saturday night until 10 pm and face the Broadwalk. All ocean front rooms on the south side have a partial view of the pool area and the Broadwalk too.

I think the price was a bit steep ($439) a night for a small room. All ocean front rooms have 2 balconies. One that faces the ocean and one that is off the side off the building. The front of the building actually faces North. The balconies are small even with 2 of them.

The room and bathroom were clean and fresh. The decor is like a Tommy Bahama "style". The furniture is older but in good shape, considering there are thousands of people going through this hotel every year. Inside the room there is a small coffee maker, a small fridge and a safe. No microwave.

The HVAC is a heat pump controlled by a wall Thermostat. The a/c worked fine, but in the heating mode the unit made a loud humming noise and it was hard to fall asleep. I went down to Walgreens and picked up some ear plugs. It may not be this way in other rooms.
Sometimes you can ask for another room because of the noise problem, but they were fully booked so no chance of moving around.

I did not swim, but the pool area seemed adequate. There is a nice on-site restaurant with good food and excellent servers. The exterior bar is covered and there is open exterior seating as well. The breakfast has a full bountiful buffet, if you so choose. And good choices for other meals as well.

There is a gift/snack shop inside the hotel, including an extra vendor that serves fresh hot pizza and great coffee.
Out of everything at this Marriot - the service was the best to me. From the front desk, to room service all the way to the bar and general service area workers, everyone was pleasant and professional.
Parking is adequate for self park or they have valet parking as well.

By the ocean side is a walkway called Broadwalk. It is a paver walkway that runs up and down the beach. A lot of people use it and it is a good way to excercise, take a stroll or just sit out and people watch and take in some sun.

Since this hotel is not in an area that has multiple high rise hotels near by, it is not overcrowded. But in the same sense there is not a lot of extra infrastructure to help you have multiple choices for various restaurants or night clubs.

Room Tip: Ocean front on the south side, because it will get more sun in the winter months. All ocean front ro...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Agree with some posts that say great location on beach but some problems with this Marriott. The building is challenging due to size/age but we thought the staff was good, rooms clean (some maid service better than others), food was good BUT the POOL is a mess! One thing to be challenged because of size (pool kind of small, deck chairs very packed in) BUT IT SHOULD BE CLEANED DAILY AND IT DEFINATELY WAS NOT. We love being at the pool and use it. I am a lap swimmer as well. We came Mon and it was ok. Got worse each day (our stay 6 days) . We've stayed mostly Hilton's before and early each morning they are hosing the deck and chairs, skimming, and treating with chemicals. We were there early each day and never saw anyone do anything with the pool. In fact, bird poop on several chairs still there after 5 days, deck dirty, pool with lots of sand & couldn't see for cloudyness, eyes stinging, definately not a clean fressh feel. Sad bec other aspects of hotel & staff were good. I did call down to ask abt their cleaning it and what their policy was and desk clerk didn't know. Said Mgr. would call me but no one ever did. Very dissapointing. Would not go back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This hotel was perfect for what we were looking for in a beach hotel. It's literally steps from the beach, separated only by the boardwalk. I enjoyed having my morning coffee & breakfast outside right on the boardwalk at the hotel restaurant. I could relax, watch the people and enjoy the great view of the beach and ocean. Not to mention the food was fabulous! They have a salt water pool and the attendant Scott was very nice to us. The rooms were very attractive, beds comfy, loved the big marble shower. Everyone there was friendly and helpful, from Andreas who helped us with our transportation needs, to the concierge Paolo. They really made us feel welcome! I have to say, I really liked this hotel! I will be back!

Room Tip: Higher floor & pool side otherwise your looking at huge palm trees
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

My spouse and I stayed here over a long weekend in February. The hotel is on the beach in a spot that at
this time of the year was relatively quiet, not at all crowded. Between the hotel property and the beach is a nice "broadwalk" that is great for walking, biking, and people-watching...mostly retirees. The Marriott was the only "brand" hotel that I saw for several blocks. There are
mostly either private condos or smaller beachfront motels.
We had a corner room that had two sets of glass patio doors and an unobstructed beach view. I would recommend this type of
room if you don't mind spending a bit more. No complaints with the room. The bathroom was roomy enough (large shower, no tub) and the bed was comfortable. Room service was quick and friendly. We ate two meals in the outdoor restaurant. Fish tacos, mango slaw, etc. were
all good, and all breakfast choices were tasty. If you want to eat elsewhere during your stay, we found a couple of restaurants within walking distance of the Marriott. I can't rate the other amenities at the hotel, such as pool or fitness center as we did not use them. We did explore the Hollywood area, and spent some time at nearby Gulfstream Race Track/Casino which is fabulous and has an upscale outdoor shopping/dining area on the property. There is a Hollywood Trolley service that makes regular short trips around town. The bus stop is right on the main road in front of the hotel.
Overall, no complaints at all here. All staff was courteous, valet parking was quick and convenient. The lobby is attractive and includes a small store and a coffee bar. Elevators are fast and easily accessible.
By the way, we spent plenty of time on the Broadwalk and beach near the hotel, and we don't
recall seeing any dogs the whole time. So, if you travel with dogs you need to make sure they're welcome here.

Room Tip: A corner room on the sixth floor had two balconies, which made for a better view and brighter room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Nice location but the management really needs some work on customer service. And don't even try to smoke on the premises. I smoked on the balcony and was charged an extra $250!! Other customer issues were dealt with a dismissive attitude. Complaints up the chain were dealt with the same way. Not a very good way to foster goodwill or customer loyalty. I assume they don't care since they probably don't do a lot of repeat business.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in mid February, weather was great and I was very impressed with this hotel. Partly because it was not your traditional Marriott with the same decor as every other Marriott that I stay in as a platinum level guest and partly because of the staffs attitude was outstanding!!! Natasha at the front desk may have the best attitude I have ever seen at ANY hotel....she is awesome. When I first called from my home she transferred my call to a manager and since they weren't in I hung up. You can only imagine my surprise when Natasha called me back two minutes later on Super Bowl Sunday and said " I noticed no one picked up so I took the liberty to call you back, how can I help you"
Folks you just don't get service like that!!!
Then when we checked in and I said my name, you would have thought I was her long lost relative!!! That woman is a KEEPER!!! Actually everyone here was very nice and extremely friendly. They groom the beach every morning and have great beach cabana's for $30 per day which we really enjoyed! Food in latitudes was very good. If I had one thing I would change it would be they need more staff at latitude because they were busy but very one was exceptionally friendly. Our room was 1002 with an outstanding view for our anniversary! We WILL be back here because it's combined all the great Marriott amenities with a boutique style hotel. Oh one last thing fantastic concierge lounge !!!

• Stayed February 2013
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I just got back from a trip to Hollywood Beach (Feb. 2 - 6), and this hotel did not disappoint! The room I was in was super roomy (4th floor), with a king size bed, well appointed bathroom, and a balcony that had a view of the ocean (ok, and some of the HVAC units on the roof, but it wasn't all that bad).

This was a solo trip for me, and everyone from the front desk staff to the service at Latitudes was top notch!! Everyone took time out to chat with me, and make sure I was taken care of. They kept a watchful eye on me (since I was flying solo) and made sure I had everything I needed.

Poolside, the gentlemen were really nice and waited on you hand and foot. Got you drinks, towels, food.... and always made sure you were comfortable while catching some rays.

I didn't venture far while in town, this was a "time for me to unwind" trip and I didn't want to keep any agenda. This was THE PERFECT place to spend a few days people watching, eating, drinking, and relaxing.

The food at Latitudes was deelish!! So much so I never bothered to eat anywhere else. They had a nice variety, and most of my meals, including a glass of wine, were never more than 20 bucks (I think I spent 22 one night).

The Broadkwalk is the perfect place to hang out, and the beach is only steps away.

I can't comment on the parking or valet services, since I did not rent a car.

If you're thinking of a trip to this area, do it!! The ride in from FLL airport is quick, about 20-25 minutes depending on traffic.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Marriott Hollywood Beach? Share your experiences!