“Enjoyable stay on a beautiful beach” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2501 North Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #11 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
Texas
“Enjoyable stay on a beautiful beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

My spouse and I stayed here over a long weekend in February. The hotel is on the beach in a spot that at
this time of the year was relatively quiet, not at all crowded. Between the hotel property and the beach is a nice "broadwalk" that is great for walking, biking, and people-watching...mostly retirees. The Marriott was the only "brand" hotel that I saw for several blocks. There are
mostly either private condos or smaller beachfront motels.
We had a corner room that had two sets of glass patio doors and an unobstructed beach view. I would recommend this type of
room if you don't mind spending a bit more. No complaints with the room. The bathroom was roomy enough (large shower, no tub) and the bed was comfortable. Room service was quick and friendly. We ate two meals in the outdoor restaurant. Fish tacos, mango slaw, etc. were
all good, and all breakfast choices were tasty. If you want to eat elsewhere during your stay, we found a couple of restaurants within walking distance of the Marriott. I can't rate the other amenities at the hotel, such as pool or fitness center as we did not use them. We did explore the Hollywood area, and spent some time at nearby Gulfstream Race Track/Casino which is fabulous and has an upscale outdoor shopping/dining area on the property. There is a Hollywood Trolley service that makes regular short trips around town. The bus stop is right on the main road in front of the hotel.
Overall, no complaints at all here. All staff was courteous, valet parking was quick and convenient. The lobby is attractive and includes a small store and a coffee bar. Elevators are fast and easily accessible.
By the way, we spent plenty of time on the Broadwalk and beach near the hotel, and we don't
recall seeing any dogs the whole time. So, if you travel with dogs you need to make sure they're welcome here.

Room Tip: A corner room on the sixth floor had two balconies, which made for a better view and brighter room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

862 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Nice location but the management really needs some work on customer service. And don't even try to smoke on the premises. I smoked on the balcony and was charged an extra $250!! Other customer issues were dealt with a dismissive attitude. Complaints up the chain were dealt with the same way. Not a very good way to foster goodwill or customer loyalty. I assume they don't care since they probably don't do a lot of repeat business.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in mid February, weather was great and I was very impressed with this hotel. Partly because it was not your traditional Marriott with the same decor as every other Marriott that I stay in as a platinum level guest and partly because of the staffs attitude was outstanding!!! Natasha at the front desk may have the best attitude I have ever seen at ANY hotel....she is awesome. When I first called from my home she transferred my call to a manager and since they weren't in I hung up. You can only imagine my surprise when Natasha called me back two minutes later on Super Bowl Sunday and said " I noticed no one picked up so I took the liberty to call you back, how can I help you"
Folks you just don't get service like that!!!
Then when we checked in and I said my name, you would have thought I was her long lost relative!!! That woman is a KEEPER!!! Actually everyone here was very nice and extremely friendly. They groom the beach every morning and have great beach cabana's for $30 per day which we really enjoyed! Food in latitudes was very good. If I had one thing I would change it would be they need more staff at latitude because they were busy but very one was exceptionally friendly. Our room was 1002 with an outstanding view for our anniversary! We WILL be back here because it's combined all the great Marriott amenities with a boutique style hotel. Oh one last thing fantastic concierge lounge !!!

• Stayed February 2013
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I just got back from a trip to Hollywood Beach (Feb. 2 - 6), and this hotel did not disappoint! The room I was in was super roomy (4th floor), with a king size bed, well appointed bathroom, and a balcony that had a view of the ocean (ok, and some of the HVAC units on the roof, but it wasn't all that bad).

This was a solo trip for me, and everyone from the front desk staff to the service at Latitudes was top notch!! Everyone took time out to chat with me, and make sure I was taken care of. They kept a watchful eye on me (since I was flying solo) and made sure I had everything I needed.

Poolside, the gentlemen were really nice and waited on you hand and foot. Got you drinks, towels, food.... and always made sure you were comfortable while catching some rays.

I didn't venture far while in town, this was a "time for me to unwind" trip and I didn't want to keep any agenda. This was THE PERFECT place to spend a few days people watching, eating, drinking, and relaxing.

The food at Latitudes was deelish!! So much so I never bothered to eat anywhere else. They had a nice variety, and most of my meals, including a glass of wine, were never more than 20 bucks (I think I spent 22 one night).

The Broadkwalk is the perfect place to hang out, and the beach is only steps away.

I can't comment on the parking or valet services, since I did not rent a car.

If you're thinking of a trip to this area, do it!! The ride in from FLL airport is quick, about 20-25 minutes depending on traffic.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I just visited this hotel this past weekend (Feb 2 to 4) for the second time. I visited about five years ago and it was just as pleasant this time around if not more so. We arrived way early to get the maximum beach time and were happily surprised to find that they had a room ready for us at 9:00 am (check-in is regularly at 4:00 pm!). I had called ahead about checking in early, but I really didn't expect that early! They also upgraded us to include two free breakfast vouchers for their fantastic buffet. Both days we were so full we didn't even need lunch! The gentleman from Dubai who checked us in (didn't catch his name -- I guess we were distracted that his name-tag said where he was originally from) was super nice. But then, everyone is super nice at this hotel. Employees say hello, make jokes, chit-chat -- it's obvious they must treat people who work here right -- you just can't fake that sort of pleasantness. Special additional call outs to Victoria who brought us drinks on the beach, the gentleman who worked at the pool (who is going to classes at night, again didn't catch the name), and the cheerful lady working on Saturday night at the front desk who recommended Le Tub restaurant (awesome place!). They allowed us to check out late on Monday (our flight was that night) -- and no one seemed to mind that we hung out at the beach and the pool for the rest of the day. The free snacks and beer party ahead of the Superbowl was a fun touch, too. Hollywood Beach is a great place -- and this is a great hotel. Some folks may fault that there were things like a missing knob on our dresser and it might not be super sleek modern decor -- but who cares? Clean and classy and comfortable ... a great time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room toward the front of the hotel (the beach side of the elevators) on a high floor. Ours...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

It was a pleasure to stay at this hotel for business. Without exception, every single staff member we came in contact with was amazingly friendly and so helpful. Many went out of their way to address any need, no matter how minor. The room was super clean and we really enjoyed looking out over the balcony in the evenings. We only booked a partial view, but liked it just the same as it also affords a view of the other body of water on the opposite side in addition to lovely views of the beach. We had never visited Hollywood, FL, but if work takes us here again, we would totally stay at this hotel. Seconds from the beach and right on the boardwalk, it's a short walk to restaurants but just far enough from the public park area that you still have a resort feel rather than tourist trap when you head back to your room for the night. The room itself was comfortable, had nice amenities like a working room safe and coffee/tea maker, etc. There is a bar, restaurant, and coffee shop on the lobby level if you prefer not to leave the hotel or need to get work done. This area of the town is simply charming and reminds me of "old Florida" which I love. We also felt safe walking and running on the boardwalk and beyond for exercise/fitness. My only suggestion would be that they check the beds for age (mattress and "creakiness") as someone in our party had an older bed in their room. Our bed was delightful and we all agreed that the linens were really fresh and comfy. Great escape from the snowy midwest!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

I have been having a string of bad luck lately with Marriott properties. This place was very nice especially the staff who went out of their way to make our meetings work well. The concierge lounge was nice, well staffed, and the food was what I have grown to expect. The bar area outside and the restaurant are top notch. I would recommend this place as convenient to FLL airport for business or pleasure. Not really a resort but a full service Marriott right on the beach.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Marriott Hollywood Beach? Share your experiences!