My spouse and I stayed here over a long weekend in February. The hotel is on the beach in a spot that at
this time of the year was relatively quiet, not at all crowded. Between the hotel property and the beach is a nice "broadwalk" that is great for walking, biking, and people-watching...mostly retirees. The Marriott was the only "brand" hotel that I saw for several blocks. There are
mostly either private condos or smaller beachfront motels.
We had a corner room that had two sets of glass patio doors and an unobstructed beach view. I would recommend this type of
room if you don't mind spending a bit more. No complaints with the room. The bathroom was roomy enough (large shower, no tub) and the bed was comfortable. Room service was quick and friendly. We ate two meals in the outdoor restaurant. Fish tacos, mango slaw, etc. were
all good, and all breakfast choices were tasty. If you want to eat elsewhere during your stay, we found a couple of restaurants within walking distance of the Marriott. I can't rate the other amenities at the hotel, such as pool or fitness center as we did not use them. We did explore the Hollywood area, and spent some time at nearby Gulfstream Race Track/Casino which is fabulous and has an upscale outdoor shopping/dining area on the property. There is a Hollywood Trolley service that makes regular short trips around town. The bus stop is right on the main road in front of the hotel.
Overall, no complaints at all here. All staff was courteous, valet parking was quick and convenient. The lobby is attractive and includes a small store and a coffee bar. Elevators are fast and easily accessible.
By the way, we spent plenty of time on the Broadwalk and beach near the hotel, and we don't
recall seeing any dogs the whole time. So, if you travel with dogs you need to make sure they're welcome here.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Hollywood Beach Hotel
- Marriott Hollywood Beach Hotel Hollywood
- Marriott Hollywood
- Hollywood Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New carpeting now in every room!Situated apart from the busy strip of tourist hotels near Fort Lauderdale, you will find a relaxing getaway at our casual, boutique-style hotel in Hollywood, Florida. Located between the Atlantic Ocean and the Intracoastal Waterway, the Hollywood Beach Marriott Hotel offers guests a dazzling South Florida oceanfront location, yet we are just an easy 6 miles from the Fort Lauderdale airport and 8 miles from Port Everglades. Featuring 229 South Floridian style guest rooms, this Hollywood beach resort boasts an array of amenities such as plush Marriott bedding, balconies and water views. Relax and enjoy a treatment at the full-service spa or bask in the sun at the beachfront pool before exploring the famous 2 ½ mile long Broadwalk and its restaurants, cafes and nightlife. From productive meetings to stunning beach weddings, this Hollywood, FL hotel can easily accommodate your meeting and event needs. We look forward to your visit to the Hollywood Beach Marriott, a AAA Four-Diamond hotel in Hollywood, Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Marriott Hollywood Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.