“Not impressed.. Great location and that's it.” 2 of 5 stars

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #14 of 64 Hotels in Hollywood
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Parkland Florida
“Not impressed.. Great location and that's it.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

The title says it all.. Some highlights of our visit here included pulling up to the entrance and watching the valet look at us like.. "are you going to get out of your car now?" haha.. I'm not joking.. After a 60 second stare down, I opened my door and the doors for everyone else in my vehicle as well. Some service from the start. We were then given a fantastic room with a view of the AC vent after requesting a room with a nice view.. I'm sure they got a great laugh when we walked away.. After waiting 10 minutes for the elevator to take us back down (yes, only 3 elevators for the entire hotel make getting up and down quite a challenge!) we headed to the pool which was small and crowded. No worries, we will just grab some towels and head to the beach.. But oh wait.. No towels? Sorry again.. Out of towels! Other highlights include sliding doors tomyour balcony that re noisy and impossible to open.. The ones that did open in the hotel I heard from my room at all hours of the night. My room wasn't cleaned until 430 the next day which is totally unacceptable. Our dinner at Latitudes was a complete and utter disaster complete with bland, over cooked food, and major mistake on our check which left us and our friends s till scratching ur heads to this moment.. I still think we were overbilled! Get this.. 3 kids dinners, 3 adult dinners, a salad, a soup and a few drinks.. $314 dollars???!?!? Anyway, they were banging down the doors at 11:15 wondering why we hadn't checked out yet .. That was the perfect ending to the perfect disaster that was the Marriott in Hollywood beach.. Great location but check out some other hotels in the area that might be a bit more welcoming to you and your family..

Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Lakehurst, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

The hotel is great, and the location is perfectly situated on the beach.
Pros:
The views from the room as well as the restaurant, are breathtaking.
Food is delicious!! I highly recommend their breakfast buffet. The servers are attentive, friendly and fast..even while running around in the humid florida summer!
The pool area is beautiful and clean with an outstanding waitress! She had a warm outgoing personality one can only find in a Jersey Girl! And since I was there for a week, she always had my drink ready before I even ask!!
The hotel is in a great area, with a trolly that will take you to the "downtown" where there is a fun nightlife.

Cons:
The AC in the room is way too noisy!
The hotel appears a bit run-down, but the spectacular views make up for it!
The kitchen messed up my order and when the manager came to apologize (The spanish gentleman) He was a bit flustered and confused and could not offer an explanation or a discount for the mistake. I felt as though he was trying to brush it off and get out of there as quickly as possible.
The rooms have no refrigerators, and when I asked for one i was told I would be put on a waiting list! that is a bit absurd, especially since the restaurant serves such large portions, It would have been nice to take some back to the room.

Overall, My stay was a pleasant one. The workers at the front desk are warm and welcoming with a bright smile! Don't let the outside appearance fool you, Hollywood Beach Marriott is definitely worth the stay!!!

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

This is a great hotel with a friendly staff. It lives up to its 4 star rating in every way. We particularly loved the breakfast each morning whilst watching the sun and early morning joggers. A little bit of paradise - feels local yet international. Close to Miami and Fort Luderdale and a good base indeed. We loved it.

Room Tip: if you book with booking.com remember they don't take any deposit so you pay the full amount on...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

My husband and I just stayed for 5 nights/6 days at this hotel. The location is right on the Boardwalk/Broadwalk and on the beach which was a big plus for us. I say Boardwalk/Broadwalk because we say it in print spelled both ways all along the boardwalk at bars and restaurants we visited.
OK, so back to the Marriott Hollywood Beach. The hotel staff is very, very friendly and helpful at all times. The food in Latitudes restaurant is excellent, but a little overpriced for what they serve. The beach access and pool area are wonderful, too. The hotel itself is of average rankning, with some wear and tear on the furniture and in the shower tile (some cracks and grouting missing issues), but clean and comfy, all the same. The price was very good and we had a corner room with views of the Intercoastal waterways and the beach out our 2 large patio doors so that definitely put a smile on our faces as well. I'd recommend this hotel for couples and families travelling in south Florida. The turquoise waters rival some I have seen in various locations in the Caribbean. Yes, that's right. I couldn't believe it either so I had to go see for myself. It's true - I now refer to that beach as the US Caribbean. It's a great alternative when you have less money to travel on to visit a fabulous beach than you would spend getting to a Caribbean island, and when you just want more time on the beach and less time flying to get there. Plus, no customs to go there. Yay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator. It makes for a much quieter sleep.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

The lobby is very beautiful. The service was excellent by staff. But the room was old and I did not feel like it was clean.

Because I was only staying for two nights and it was midnight at check-in, I just didn't bother with the whole complaining deal.

1. God the room doors are loud! And they squeak. The room next to me had a kid playing with the door for half an hour and it just kept squeaking through the walls. When doors are closed they slam really loudly.

2. This one's picky but it made me question how well my room was turned. My friend's room across the hall had a fragrant, welcoming smell when we entered his room. When I went into mine it smelled musky and old.

3. Stains on the room carpet.

4. Desk chair was rickety. Desk itself's drawer was missing its knob so how do I open it?

5. Bed mattress was old, I could feel it leaning me towards one side of the bed even when laying in the middle.

6. Toilet made a loud horrific noise when I first flushed it, but it didn't do it again - that's good.

7. Rust on the shower floor.

8. View sucked. I was looking at the north side, 5th floor, and it sucked.

9. Calcium stains all over the sink.

It's a shame because I thought this would have been the best hotel I'd stay so far for business. But it wasn't - far from it.

Though, once again, staff and service was excellent.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Let me start by saying I've never had issues with Marriott as I've stayed in them quite often. With that said, this one is a bit old and in need of some TLC. Our room was on the 9th floor with a great partial view of the ocean. However, the room was rather small,lots of dust bunnies and it just had a gloomy feel to it. The pool area is small but the hot tub is decent. The restaurant (Latitudes) was surprisingly the best place we ate at on the broadwalk! The major plus is that you are steps away from the beach, so if you're with small kids you can go back and forth from beach to pool area. Overall if location is what you're looking for then this is it but expect an average hotel with it.

Room Tip: The partial oceanview rooms make up for the lack of luster!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Pottsboro, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Recently (July 2012) rented two rooms at this location for four nights. Check in took forever. When I made the reservation via phone I was offered a "stay three nights get fourth night free". Hotel had no record of this and then wanted to see my confirmation. If you book a special make sure to have that handy on your phone or bring a printed copy. They then had to email it to their self at check out in order to give me the rate.
Rooms were smaller than most Marroitts however decorated in the same style. Beds were not comfortable in either of our rooms, A/C did not cool properly in one room and made a siren like sound all evening. There was also a flashing fire alarm that blinked every 8 seconds. It went perfect with the siren of the A/C and made us feel as if we had our own little RAVE party going on in our room. One of the two rooms did not have a balcony door handle on the inside or outside of the room which meant it did not lock and made spending time on the balcony difficult.
Food at restaurant was very good. We ate several meals here and loved every thing we tried. Drinks were good but not strong at all. Pool was nice but they do not have enough umbrellas for shade during hot part of the day. Get there early and claim it for the day if you want one. Pool service from pool attendant Scott was great. He went out of his way to be friendly and make sure all the guest were happy. My friend had him for a server since she got to the pool before the waitress was on duty and she never had an empty drink. I on the other hand could not get more than two drinks the entire three hours we were there. The waitress was slow and rude. We ordered lunch by the pool and she neglected to bring drinks we ordered with the meal. She never picked up the lunch trash or even came back to the pool area so we could request drinks... My friends had all finished their meals and paid checks and I was still waiting for drinks to go with lunch. I complained to manager about the service and he apologized.
Overall compared to the other places around on the beach it honestly looked like the best place to stay. Some cool little restaurants and bar spots within walking distance and the beach was nice. Water was very clear.
Improvements need to be made to service and repairs to the little things.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Marriott Hollywood Beach? Share your experiences!