“Very nice hotel with the best service!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi For Members
Ranked #19 of 67 Hotels in Hollywood
Madison, NJ
“Very nice hotel with the best service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2008

We just got back from 5 nights at this hotel and highly recommend it. The staff goes out of their way to make you comfortable. We did not find the beds as wonderful as other reviewers, but everything else, the buffet breakfast (included in our rate), pool, ocean, broadwalk was lovely. The broadwalk (boardwalk but not wooden) is an added attraction. We sat each morning (and most lunches) and watched an endless parade of people. It was great for walking and sightseeing as well. They have lunch service at the pool too and brought out frozen grapes and served icewater flavored with citrus fruits. So many extras that make the difference.

• Liked — The service was spectacular - so relaxing.
  • Disliked — Bed was very hard.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jurypro

SANDWICH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2008

My family (kids are 12 and 11) stayed for 1 night pre-cruise in January at this hotel using our reward points. We have stayed at some pretty fancy hotels through my husbands work and some not so great hotels when we travel to visit family. For a one night stay, I can't say enough about this place. In fact, I could have stayed a couple more nights. I was a little hesitant after booking because some people said there wasn't much to do around there but I am glad that I didn't cancel. There was plenty to do for us and the kids!! The outside of the hotel is a little drab but you forget about that when you go inside.

We arrived at 11:30 am on Saturday and our room was ready. We had a rental car and was charged $10 for the night with in/out privileges (I come from the Chicago area where parking is $35 - $45 a night) so that was a great deal for us. We had a refrigerator in the room, a flat screen TV and a pretty decent view of the ocean from the side of the hotel.

The restaurant was delicious, the Sunday buffet was great and the pool is heated and was very warm!! The beach was not very crowded where we were and we found some chairs to sit on and put our things on for free (not sure if these were owned by the hotel or not but they were abandoned later in the afternoon so that is why we used them). The Broadwalk was really neat and the further south we walked, the more people we saw. We ate at an awesome bar and grill and had ice cream nearby. Stopped at a couple of shops along the way. We really enjoyed it!!

As far as the hotel, it has a very small gift shop, the restaurant you can eat inside or out, the pool area was very nice with some music playing (I think one time there was a steel drum out there) and not very loud and I felt everything was very clean. The rooms were quite impressive for a Marriott (very tall beds), the parking area was very easy to get to, didn't have any waits with the elevators and the staff was great!! I felt very safe there.

If I am ever back in that area, I will definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank skipper24
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2008

We stayed at the Marriott for a company meeting in mid-January. When we pulled up to the property, I was wondering why such an outdated-looking property would be selected. Quite frankly, the exterior looked beat-up. However, this Marriott is a gem and we quickly forgot that aspect. A+ conference facilities, very attentive, all needs met. Beautiful lobby, beautiful rooms, and most attentive staff. The furniture was very comfortable, and the small/quaint look of this hotel was charming. The Consciere was extremely helpful on many occasions, bell staff polite and helpful, front desk extremely friendly and helpful. I thoroughly enjoyed the outside bar, and eating/drinking on the beach quickly became my favorite thing to do. Exercise facility was decent, 4-5 treadmills, 2-3 Ellipticals, free weights, 3-4 leg machines, ab machine, full comprehensive arm/shoulder machiine. The beach was super clean, although nobody was in the ocean due to high winds and cooler temps. I can't wait to back with my family when I can stay longer and enjoy this wonderful facility throughout.

• Liked — Friendly and helpful staff, great beach, small/quant boutique atmosphere
  • Disliked — Exterior
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
3 Thank NeuroAngiodoc
Purcellville, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2008

We left Hollywood last night and trust me, we did NOT want to leave! This was our second trip to Hollywood beach as a family of 4 (kids 10 and 7). Last year we stayed at the Westin Diplomat, and we booked there again this year, but changed our minds when we found out it was at full capacity. We are SOOO glad we stayed at the Marriott instead. The Marriott is much smaller, more boutique feel, which in turn, makes the service much better. The rooms are clean and decorated nicely, although with 2 large queen bedframes in our 8th floor room, it was a little tight with 4 of us. We had an awesome Spa pkg the first night that gave us 2 treatments of 50 minutes each ($200 value) plus free buffet breakfast. In retrospect, I should have booked this rate for the entire stay. I booked the Concierge level for the next 2 nights, and in my opinion, was NOT worth it. No frills (although the attendant was VERY nice), nothing at all like Ritz Carlton Club levels. You could get free waters and sodas, small breakfast, small hors d'ouvres in the evening. I didn't see any cocktail service.
The restaurant is right on the broadwalk (that's what they call it there) and has great food, service and drinks at GREAT prices. The hotel pool is small, but heated, with a hot tub. Everyone who works there is super friendly and my kids loved it. They have chair service for food and drinks. The fish tacos are awesome, and only $8, and it was enough for my husband and me to share. Kids meals were huge and for 6.95 included fries, carrot sticks and a drink.
The location is right on the beach, so it was easy to go back and forth all day from the beach to the pool. You have to rent chairs ($8 for a nice chair with cushion for the whole day), but the beach is clean and quiet and the ocean is a gorgeous clear blue. It was too cold for me but my son went in. Lots of shells.
The spa was small but clean and the massages were wonderful.
We are VERY picky travelers, and we WILL go to this hotel again. You will love it!

• Liked — Cleanliness and location right on the beach
  • Disliked — Needs one more restaurant
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
7 Thank ritzlover
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2008

room 901 is one of two rooms per floor in this ten-floor hotel with a balcony directly over the beach. Great king-sized bed with very comfortable mattress. Wonderful helpful staff. Room is well-appointed with shower-only bathroom and terry robes!.
Hotel is located a bit north of the restaurant part of the beach. The breakfast buffet is great and visited by locals.

• Liked — The bed
  • Disliked — Sliding doors to balcony hard to open
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Awenestjon
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2008

We recently stayed at the property for 7 nights over the Christmas holidays with my wife and two children (5 and 2) and really enjoyed the property. We stayed at the Westin Diplomat down the street early and liked that property as well. The Westin was great for sheer size and beauty and service, and the Marriott is a much smaller hotel, but holds up very well, even better in some instances. We were with our children, so we focused most of our time at the hotel, so we didn't do a lot with the local nightlife or restaurants.

Service:

The service was fantastic throughout the entire stay. The check in, check out and any questions were quickly answered by the great staff. We had to switch rooms because ours had a shower only and with the children, we needed a bathtub and they changed so quickly and easily.

Room:

The room has nicely appointed with extremely high beds. It was about the size of a normal Marriott hotel room with the normal layout and amenities. Each room had a balcony that can see the beach and intercoastal waterway, but is extremely small, barely enough for two chairs and small table. We were there for a week and there wasn't a lot of drawer/closet space for four people.

Hotel:

The hotel is relatively small, especially when compared to the Westin but it was a nice change. A trip from the beach/pool to the room was less than 3-5 minutes vs the trek it took at bigger properties. The gift shop had enough munchies and kid stuff when needed. The conceirge lounge was nice and was only open Sun night - Fri morning (I'm platinum, so had free access). The breakfast was normal eggs, bacon, fruit, pastries, bread and drinks and was plentiful and good. The appetizers were chicken fingers, egg rolls, fruit, dessert, cheese and crackers most nights. There was a nice indoor restaurant and a nice outdoor one as well (might be the same one but two seating areas). The food was your normal hotel menu and quality, but I was pleasantly surprised at the prices. For a hotel on the beach, I was expecting it to be a lot more expensive. It's still more expensive than most restaurants but cheap compared to other resorts. The breakfast buffet was great and $13.95. There were burgers for like $9 up to steak and seafood with a good number of kids choices.

Pool and Beach:

The pool was a decent size for the hotel and plenty of towels. There was a few times were it was hard to get chairs together because people went out and staked claim early. The service there was great for towels/drinks/food. There was entertainment most evenings. You couldn't be closer to the beach than here. You can walk out the main entrance or through the restaurant, but you cross teh boardwalk and you're there. It's perfect for familes who take many trips back to the room. You could take towels from the hotel and you could rent lounges or umbrellas on the beach. Beach was great condition and couldn't beat the location.

Location:

As listed earlier, the location is perfect for the beach and is right on the boardwalk. The reviews earlier of the location worried me, but the boardwalk and area were definitely fine and safe. We walked every night with our children and never once felt in danger (and my wife worries about everything and she walked with our youngest alone). The area is interesting because there are some new high rises and nice places there as well as older, smaller places that could used fixed up. There are a few restaurants and bars to the south of the hotel, probably about a 10 minute walk on the boardwalk. There are "divey" burger and pizza joints but good prices for that kind of food. We had a car, so we drove most places where we wanted to go shopping or a restaurant. You could probably cab it easily too.

The hotel isn't the best to look at from the outside, but it was a perfect location and service for our family for our vacation. it didn't have the over the top luxuries but really enjoyed our stay. Would definitely return.

• Liked — Great location, service and property
  • Disliked — Chairs by the pool could be difficult to find if busy
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
6 Thank PennStateFan
Danvers, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2007

My fiance and I stayed here the night before we left for a cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. First of all, when we got to our room, we learned that it had 2 beds, not 1 queen, and we were immediately helped into the room we wanted, no questions asked! The staff was so friendly and accomadating. They gave us info on the boat show going on that night and the best places to see it. You can't beat the location, directly on the broadwalk and beach. And the outside bar is great, I had my all time favorite drink called the Key Lime Coolada!
Definately had a great stay. Hope to stay there again!

Stayed December 2007
1 Thank katybish
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
Margaritaville Beach Resort
Riptide Hotel
Riptide Hotel
#15 of 67 in Hollywood
4.0 of 5 stars 488 reviews

Been to Marriott Hollywood Beach? Share your experiences!