“improving older hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel virtual tour
Offers & Announcements
20% off room rate
Ranked #26 of 63 Hotels in Hollywood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Greek first
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

If you are planning a trip to the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area, consider Hollywood. The downtown is charming, great restaurants and all the rest and the Ramada Hotel is right in the middle of it all. Wonderful staff - I think that is what really makes this hotel special. I travel a lot and stayed here to be near my son and his family. I wouldn't stay anywhere else. The price is right, the staff and atmosphere are as close to being among friends and family as you can get in a lodging experience. Check out Hollywood, Florida and stay at the Ramada!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
DanielGM_RDH, General Manager at Ramada Hollywood Downtown, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you Maura C from Burlington, Vermont
My team and I appreciate the opportunity you gave us by choosing us to be your home away from home. The Ramada Hollywood Downtown strives to provide our guests clean, safe and comfortable accommodations with a touch of fun. Thank you for letting us know we have accomplished our goals and we look forward to seeing you again next time you are here in the Hollywood/Fort Lauderdale area.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Great location in the heart of downtown Hollywood, with a parking garage.

Christine at the front desk was very accommodating. We had inadvertently booked a smoking room and she gave us a better room at no additional charge.

Clean and spacious rooms with breakfast included. I would stay there again.

Stayed January 2014
DanielGM_RDH, General Manager at Ramada Hollywood Downtown, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you Bill M for taking the time to tell everyone about your stay with us at the Ramada Hollywood Downtown.
I will be sure to let Christine know that you have mentioned her in you review and I am glad she was able to accommodate you. Our hotel stays full most of the time and we are not always able to change room types that have been booked on line.
We look forward to being your hotel choice next time you are here in the
Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood area.
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I have s stayed at this hotel twice in the past two years. I have booked rooms in this hotel for family members during the past year. It was a shock to find that the first room assigned to me was not up to standard, and extremely noisy because of the guests on both sides of my favorite oom and the tiki bar. The second room, was barely better. The noise that generates from the tiki bar is intolerable and a joining rooms . The condition of this drapes need attention, overall the whole room needs attention, that is sprucing up the room to make it less drab . This is based upon spending five nights two rooms. The parking garage is a nightmare. Parking spaces are too small for SUVs and pick up trucks. there for a car has a tough time parking. There are not enough spaces for all the guests. It also smells like urine. Given that this is in an historic part of Hollywood Florida, it would seem that the management would be interested in giving the building a facelift, paint. Especially the walkway and a chance to the rooms. Will not be staying at this hotel ever again. The front desk staff were agreeable and pleasant.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Hello sassyless from Chicago, Illinois,
I am sorry your stay with us at the Ramada Hollywood Downtown was not all it should have been. It is unfortunate that some guests are inconsiderate and disturb other guests. Had we have known our nightly security could have addressed the issue at the time. The tiki bar is located on our atrium pool deck and even when our operations are closed down for the night sometimes our guests congregate around the pool area conversing. Our security is instructed to monitor the area in order to alleviate potential situations. I will address this issue with my security again. We have made many changes and upgrades to our hotel over the past 2 years. We have changed bedding styles, sheers, blackout drapes, High Definition televisions with a complete HD channel lineup. We have also expanded our breakfast to have 3 hot items daily alternating scrambled eggs and cheese omelets. and hash browns everyday.
My team and I hope to have the opportunity to be of service to you again as we were in the past.
San Francisco, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

If you are looking for an all inclusive resort to stay in, this is not for you. It is your basic motel. Convenient parking, so-so morning breakfast (I just want coffee and a piece of fruit), nice swimming pool with a friendly bar. The best part is that it is in the old downtown of Hollywood, so it is surrounded by interesting bars and restaurants. I have stayed there a couple of times and have just made a reservation to stay there again next week. For what I want, this hotel is perfect.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
DanielGM_RDH, General Manager at Ramada Hollywood Downtown, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Hello PeterDeon from San Francisco, CA
Thank you for taking the time to review the Ramada Hollywood Downtown and giving us the opportunity to be of service to you. My team and I strive to provide you, our guest safe, clean and comfortable accommodations with a touch of fun. We are located, as you mentioned in Hollywood's Historic Arts, Dining and Entertainment District. We have 40+ restaurants, clubs and boutiques all within 2 blocks of any direction of our hotel. I am sorry you found our complimentary breakfast so-so. The goal of my breakfast staff is to serve quality breakfast. Our breakfast serves 3 hot items daily of either scrambled eggs or cheese omelets, hash brown potatoes and either French toast stix, pancakes or waffles. We have of course a variety of breakfast pastries, breads and bagels, fresh fruit, yogurts, juices etc.
My team and I look forward to another opportunity to be your hotel choice when here in the Hollywood/Fort Lauderdale area.
Ramada Hollywood Downtown

Been to Ramada Hollywood Downtown? Share your experiences!