“I Love this Place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
Loveland, Colorado
“I Love this Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

First, Lorna and I are Gold Status Wyndham Reward members and are quite familiar with Ramadas throughout the United States. Our three nights and four full days at the Ramada Hollywood Downtown were the Best time we've ever had travelling. I love this place! Located in the heart of downtown Hollywood with entrances on both sides of the block, it's the perfect location with 40+ restaurants and dining establishments within easy walking distance.
Daniel Angress, the General Manager helped me in choosing the right room for us that would meet our needs, and that was a Nonsmoking mini-suite on the floor that has the pool and tiki-bar. Thanks Daniel.
We were picked up at the Lauderdale airport by Sammy Shababo, owner along with his son Michael, who operates the King Solomon Limo and Transportation Service stationed in the hotel lobby. Sammy and Michael, we Love you! On the way to the hotel Sammy gave us his personal tour of Hollywood, pointing out his favorite New York style pizza-parlor, his favorite French bakery, and his favorite Italian, Moroccan and Mexican Restaurant, we ate every night in one of Sammy's favorites. Thanks Sammy! Michael on the day we checked out, took us right to our cruise ship check-in station, thanks Michael. Next Alex the desk manager, made sure we were totally satisfied with our room and it's location. Yes we were! Thanks Alex! At night-time the town comes alive with neon and live music, it was great. During the day we took the famous Holly-Trolley, costs a dollar, to beautiful Hollywood beach and it's fun-filled boardwalk. Breakfast? Any time there's different flavor yogurts (everyday) and bananas, this traveler's happy! For the readers of this review, rest assure that we were full-paying customers who also paid for our upgrade to the mini-suite, no free perks, just friendly service all around! It's just that being seasoned travelers, we know the value of a smile, a friendly disposition, and getting to know the staff. Hotel and location were perfect for us! Respectfully submitted, Erik and Lorna

Room Tip: we went for a Non-smoking room, on floor with the pool, tiki-bar and the breakfast station, it has i...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
DanielGM_RDH, General Manager at Ramada Hollywood Downtown, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
WOW! rikitikitavi69 from Loveland, Colorado.
You said it all!
The Ramada Hollywood Downtown team and I thank you for the accolades and we look forward to seeing you again next time you cruise.
Ramada Hollywood Downtown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Greek first
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

This was my hotel for 2014 Orange Bowl. We chose this place because of the close proximity to restaurants, live music, shopping, pizza, night life, no driving...

I rate this as average, but is was pretty nice. My only real complaint would be the parking. I called before I came and they stated that there was enough parking for the all registered guest rooms. This would be true if 75% of the guest don't register a vehicle and the other 25% does register a vehicle if the hotel is sold out. In other words "you may not be able to park at times in hotel parking". There is about 25-30 spaces for a couple hundred rooms. If you are prepared to deal with this issue or you don't need to park, this is a great location.

The room was decent, nice, and clean. I used the cofee maker and fridge. The bathroom was clean but a little small. My friend said the water wasn't hot during shower, but it was hot when I did. The water pressure was not that great. The floor appeared to have been shampoo and clean for our room. Towels were good and iron and board provided in room.

We were located on the pool deck and Tiki bar outside our room. The doors open outwards (that was weird) but didn't hamper anything. We did not use the pool, but my friend used the Tiki bar and said price wasn't good. They price appeared average from the sign. The people using the pool seemed to enjoy it and those sitting around it in the a.m. reading or catching some sun.

I ate breakfast each morning at it was only lacking meat. It had a nice spread of breads, fruits, cereals, and morning drinks. The cheese omletts and scrambled eggs were not made from scratch, but edible. There was ample seating both times.

The front desk was really friendly. The decor of the hotel is colorful and common areas were being cleaned. It is an older property so some of the things won't look like the pictures. Most of the reviews seem pretty accurate except for those people are being too picky. I would definately stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
DanielGM_RDH, General Manager at Ramada Hollywood Downtown, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Hello 4realguy from Columbus, Ohio.
I see from your picture that you have devoted yourself to serve our country and it's inhabitants. My team and I thank you.
We also thank you for giving us at the Ramada Hollywood Downtown the opportunity to be of service to you. My team and I strive to provide our guests with safe, clean and comfortable accommodations with a touch of fun. I see from your comments we have achieved our goals accept in the parking realm. Our hotel is 95 rooms. We have 2 levels of parking in our garage. We have 82 designated parking spaces between the 2 levels. From your comments it sounds like you were only aware of 1 level. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
We look forward to seeing you again,
Palm Bay, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Spent New Years Eve at the Hollywood Ramada. The staff was wonderful as always: accommodated early check in request. Clean, comfortable room. Tons of restaurants and bars right next door, and dollar trolley to the beach. Then a delicious FREE breakfast!
Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you samsoncat from Palm Bay, Florida
You said it all!
My team and I look forward to seeing you again at our Ramada Hollywood Downtown next time you are here in the Hollywood/Fort Lauderdale area.
Guys Mills, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We have been staying at this Ramada for the past eight years, every time we visit family in Hollywood, and it has proved to be wonderfully reliable. Our rooms have always been clean and comfortable (and with our daughters growing, we have progressed to a suite); the maid service is excellent; staff are unfailingly friendly and courteous; breakfasts are good and plentiful; there is ample outdoor seating on the terrace; and the heated pool -- large and never crowded -- is terrific in any season. Located in the middle of downtown Hollywood, the hotel is walking distance to many things, with good restaurants and shopping only a few steps away. For our money, there is no better hotel in Hollywood.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
DanielGM_RDH, General Manager at Ramada Hollywood Downtown, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Thank you Guys Mills from Pennsylvania.
Wow!
My team and I at the Ramada Hollywood Downtown look forward to be of service to you again next time you are here in the Hollywood/Fort Lauderdale area.
Ramada Hollywood Downtown

Been to Ramada Hollywood Downtown? Share your experiences!