“Great!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Great hotel for leisure or business. I came to Hollywood for a few job interviews for my relocation from New York to Fort Lauderdale. I stayed at the Ramada for 5 nights. The staff was friendly, the pool was nice, clean, and refreshing. Your basic hot and cold continental breakfast. But the best part was location. it is right in the middle of downtown Hollywood, where there are great places to eat. And only a few miles from the beach. Loved my stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DanielGM_RDH, General Manager at Ramada Hollywood Downtown, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Hello Nicole R from New York now Fort Lauderdale.
Thank you for allowing us at the Ramada Downtown Hollywood to be part of your relocation process from New York. As you stated we are in a great area. Hollywood Beach and Broadwalk is just 2 miles and $1.00 Trolley ride away. We are in the Historic Arts, Dining and Entertainment District of Hollywood. There are 40+resaurants, clubs and boutiques all within 2 blocks of any direction from the hotel.
Since you have relocated to Fort Lauderdale we look forward to future opportunities to be of service to you for staycations or when friends and family come to visit.
Daniel Angress GM
Ramada Downtown Hollywood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Greek first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Very filthy room. Me and my friend got a rash from the sheets. Carpet so dirty, walked barefooted and the bottom of my feet were black. It smelled of old mold. House keeping doesn't really "clean" . They just spray the floors, and gives new towels. Breakfast was nasty and a waste of time. But what really made my stay horrible was the housekeeping staff. The front desk is polite but as soon as your in your room God forbid you have to deal with the ghetto housekeepers. Their loud and annoying in the morning, always arguing and talking loud. I could even hear one complaining about people sleeping in "late" getting on her nerves(it was like 11am) . Then she knocked ONCE on our door and before we could respond she busted in our room. We could have been naked or anything!!! As soon as I politely told her she couldn't do that and that she didnt give us chance to say don't come in, she started getting loud and obnoxious. She slammed our door and we could still hear her talking trash outside to the other housemates. I told the managers and they did nothing about it. The next day they were still doing the same thing. These females have some serious attitudes for nothing. I mean if you don't like your job, find another right? You couldn't pay me to stay here again!!

• Stayed June 2013
DanielGM_RDH, General Manager at Ramada Hollywood Downtown, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Hello danielle2528,
My team and I are sorry for the experience you had while staying with us. I had addressed the situation of the housekeeper entering your room hastily when you brought it to my attention that day. I was not made aware of the other issues you were encountering. We strive to make our guests home away from home as safe and comfortable as possible. Had we have known about these other situations we would have addressed it and have taken action to correct it. These situations that you are telling us about are not common in our hotel and again I am sorry it happened to you.
We look forward to the opportunity to be of service to you again to provide you with safe, clean and comfortable accommodations with a touch of fun!
Daniel Angress GM
Ramada Downtown Hollywood

Been to Ramada Hollywood Downtown? Share your experiences!