“As horrible as a stay at a hotel gets. Warning do not stay here!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Hollywood Downtown

You added Ramada Hollywood Downtown to your Saves list
Ramada Hollywood Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1925 Harrison St, Hollywood, FL 33020   |
Hotel virtual tour
Offers & Announcements
20%-30% Discounts
Ranked #26 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
“As horrible as a stay at a hotel gets. Warning do not stay here!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Very filthy room. Me and my friend got a rash from the sheets. Carpet so dirty, walked barefooted and the bottom of my feet were black. It smelled of old mold. House keeping doesn't really "clean" . They just spray the floors, and gives new towels. Breakfast was nasty and a waste of time. But what really made my stay horrible was the housekeeping staff. The front desk is polite but as soon as your in your room God forbid you have to deal with the ghetto housekeepers. Their loud and annoying in the morning, always arguing and talking loud. I could even hear one complaining about people sleeping in "late" getting on her nerves(it was like 11am) . Then she knocked ONCE on our door and before we could respond she busted in our room. We could have been naked or anything!!! As soon as I politely told her she couldn't do that and that she didnt give us chance to say don't come in, she started getting loud and obnoxious. She slammed our door and we could still hear her talking trash outside to the other housemates. I told the managers and they did nothing about it. The next day they were still doing the same thing. These females have some serious attitudes for nothing. I mean if you don't like your job, find another right? You couldn't pay me to stay here again!!

• Stayed June 2013
DanielGM_RDH, General Manager at Ramada Hollywood Downtown, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Hello danielle2528,
My team and I are sorry for the experience you had while staying with us. I had addressed the situation of the housekeeper entering your room hastily when you brought it to my attention that day. I was not made aware of the other issues you were encountering. We strive to make our guests home away from home as safe and comfortable as possible. Had we have known about these other situations we would have addressed it and have taken action to correct it. These situations that you are telling us about are not common in our hotel and again I am sorry it happened to you.
We look forward to the opportunity to be of service to you again to provide you with safe, clean and comfortable accommodations with a touch of fun!
Ramada Downtown Hollywood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Greek first
Heerhugowaard
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

During our holiday in southern Florida we stayed (more or less by accident) in different Ramada hotels and it proved to me that even if a hotel is part of a chain, there can be a lot of differences between the hotels. Ramada Downtown Hollywood is in a great location if you like to have some restaurants, shops and a nice town centre on your doorstep. But I also liked the way this hotel is built, around a multi level courtyard with tables to sit outside, a "tiki" bar and a swimming pool. The breakfast is complementary and quite OK. If you want to park your car in the garage you have to pay an extra $5 but it's worth it. We liked Hollywood - art galleries, wall art, some shops and a lot of bars and restaurants. The beach is quite a long walk, but during most of the week there is a small train that you can take for 1 dollar for a one way trip. Hollywood is a good option if you like to go to the beach but find Miami too expensive.
Hotel rooms clean with a fridge and good a/c.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
DanielGM_RDH, General Manager at Ramada Hollywood Downtown, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you Juliadrusilla from Heerhugowaard, Netherlands.
WOW ! You said it all !
My team and I appreciate you telling the world about your stay at the Ramada Downtown Hollywood.
We look forward to being your home away from home next time you are in the Hollywood / Fort Lauderdale area.
Barquisimeto, Venezuela
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

The girl at the front desk is not very friendly on my arrival because they did not speak Spanish and after I made the payment ask if Miami International Airport was nearby, told me an hour when it was 20 minutes actually. Ask if it was possible to reject the transaction and return the money to change my hotel and She said "no", had not even entered the room I had not removed the front desk. I think that if she was talking to a manager could have done something. The staff that was in my checkout was totally different, very friendly helped me with my bags balance in weight and best of all, spoke Spanish. Of the rest, the facilities are very nice and tastefully decorated with the exception of the carpets in the hallway and laundry area Floor 3, which should be in a retirement area and not in front of a room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

DanielGM_RDH, General Manager at Ramada Hollywood Downtown, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Hello Emillio E from Barquisimeto, Venezuela
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us. We at the Ramada Downtown Hollywood strive to provide our guests with safe, clean and comfortable accommodations with a touch of fun. I am sorry we fell short of our goal with you during the check-in process. Many of our team members are multilingual. I am sorry that the front desk attendant that was scheduled the night you arrived did not speak Spanish and the confusion about the travel time to Miami International Airport. To the best of our Knowledge MIA is minimum 30minutes from our hotel and can be as much as 1 hour or longer depending on the time of day and highway conditions. Getting there in 20 minutes is amazing! Hollywood / Fort Lauderdale International Airport is 20 or less minutes away.
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be your hotel choice while here in Hollywood, Fl.
Ramada Downtown Hollywood

Been to Ramada Hollywood Downtown? Share your experiences!