“will NEVER return!” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel virtual tour
Offers & Announcements
20% off room rate
Ranked #28 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Greek first
Easton, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We travel quite a bit. Recently we stayed two nights at the Ramada Inn in Hollywood, Florida. We are very disturbed over an incident that occurred during our stay. Although there are a few good things about this hotel, we will not be back.
When we arrived at the hotel it was late. We had just flown into Miami from out of the country. We had decided to stay two nights in Florida after our trip, before flying home to Maryland and made reservations to stay at this hotel before we left. We were tired, hungry and unfamiliar with the area. Our first impression of the area was not good. The only places we saw to eat were a Sushi Restaurant and a Cigar Bar. My husband went to check us in while I waited in the rental car. He asked the woman at the front desk if there was any place we could get something to eat. Her rude reply was, “There are a number of restaurants and bars in the area”. That certainly wasn’t helpful but my husband didn’t say anything. She could have at least told us a safe and easy way to get to the restaurant area. We parked in the parking garage, which by the way cost for hotel customers to park in, and went to find our room. We were given a handicap room which we didn’t need and hoped we weren’t taking a room from someone who may need it. We later found out that the shower was very slippery and don’t see how it could be safe for someone who is handicapped. After putting our suitcases in our room we went try to find something to eat. Outside our room was a nice patio area and there was couple sitting at a table eating. We asked if they knew where we could get something to eat and they told us to go down stairs and walk around the block. We did and found several restaurants. We ended up going into a carryout pizza place that had the biggest slices of pizza that we had seen. We got a couple slices and went back to our room. I wish I could remember the name of the place because the pizza was good.
The rooms are entered from the outside. The walls are very thin. Our room had a mild smell like mildew. The bedspread was old, looked worn, dirty and had a couple small burn like holes. The towels and wash cloths were nice and thick. There is a pretty nice breakfast area and a Tiki type bar outside by the pool on I think the 2nd floor. The building is old but has so much potential.
Our last night there we were woke up at 4:00 am by extremely loud voices and banging. We didn’t know what in the world was going on. Since there is a patio area right out our door we assumed that it was a rowdy bunch that decided to hang out there. My husband called the front desk and complained. A little while later the noise calmed but started up again. It was quite a while before it completely stopped. We couldn’t get back to sleep.
At breakfast I happen to meet a couple who had been woken by the noise also. They said when they checked into the hotel, they went to their room and were shocked to find it was already occupied.
We went to check out at 8 am and I ask one of the girls at the front desk about the incident. She said they had 7 rooms call to complain about the noise and the police had been called. About that time a woman had come up to the desk, very upset. Her room was on our floor. It was obvious that she too hadn’t had much sleep. She told my husband and me that the guys had 4 rooms on our floor. After the police left the guys in room next to her would bang on her walls and made prank calls to her room. They were harassing her thinking she had called the police. She said she has a heart condition and needs her rest. She was originally from Australia, lived in California, visiting Florida with her daughters and was very scared. She told me that her husband was a Marine serving in Afghanistan. This lady’s husband is serving our country, keeping us safe. She deserves to feel safe while he is away. The families of our service men and women deserve better. I would hope that the Ramada Inn Chain would want better for all their customers.
I can’t get that incident out of my mind. It was awful. I do not understand why these guys were not thrown out of the hotel. The hotel should give all the rooms that called to complain a credit. The management certainly needs to do something to compensate the lady who was so harassed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
DanielGM_RDH, General Manager at Ramada Hollywood Downtown, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Hello ShoreProud of Easton, Maryland,
Thank you for choosing the Ramada Downtown Hollywood and for providing us with your experience at our hotel.
I am sorry the woman at the front desk was not more helpful to your husband. We are in the Arts, Dining and Entertainment District of Hollywood. There are 40+ restaurants, clubs and boutiques all within 2 blocks of any direction of the hotel. Many are open very late and some are open till 4am. The name of the pizza place with the great slice of pizza that you mentioned is Mauro's. I have instructed the front desk team to be informative when asked about the area. I am sorry she did not explain more about the area.
I am aware of the disturbance you referenced in your review and I humbly apologize to you and any guest that was affected by the the inconsiderate group that created the disturbance. As soon as we were aware of the situation we called the local police to help us in returning these guests back to their rooms. They were celebrating the victory of their baseball team in the World Baseball Tournament being held near here at Sun Life Stadium. They were warned by the police and later that morning I reprimanded and warned them that their actions were not acceptable and will not be tolerated and if there are any more disturbances they will be evicted from the hotel. They were here 2 more days with no further occurrences.
The situation that occurred with the 4:00am celebration is not an everyday occurrence at our hotel and again I apologize to you and the guests that were affected by the disturbance. I also thank the lady's husband, the Marine, who is serving our country keeping us safe. You are correct she needs to feel safe as all our guests need to feel. We strive to provide all of our guests safe, clean and comfortable accommodations with a touch of fun.
I know that my response will not change your memories of your stay with us but I look forward to another opportunity to be of service to you again so you can enjoy the Mauro's Pizza and the new HD channel lineup we have just launched and the new bedding that we are placing in all of our rooms.
Daniel Angress GM
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The rooms were dirty and in desperate need of routine maintenance. The staff (with a couple exceptions) was not helpful or friendly and in a couple instances were downright hostile. The parking in the garage is a joke - you're better off parking on the street especially if it's a weekend. At least that is free and you have about as good a chance of finding a spot. The pool was hot - we visited in the middle of FL winter (72 high) and had to actually get out of the pool to cool down. The breakfast was standard but seemed to be handled properly. The location is perfect and if you don't plan on spending much time on property it is worth it but beware if you are looking for a resort type experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
DanielGM_RDH, General Manager at Ramada Hollywood Downtown, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Hello NannerlnOKC of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be your hotel while staying here in South Florida.Our goal at the Ramada Downtown Hollywood is to provide our guests with safe, clean and comfortable accommodations with some of fun on the side. I am sorry we did not meet our goal for you. I am sorry your room was in need of maintenance and was not cleaned properly. Had we have known about the problem we would have immediately addressed it and make it right for you.
Our outdoor heated pool is set to be at 82 degrees Fahrenheit. This is the optimal temperature for a heated commercial pool according to commercial pool operation standards. We do have an indoor parking garage($5.25 per night). Parking on the public streets is not always free. There are time limits. We have had guests make that mistake and received $45.00 parking citations. We do not have any time restrictions in our garage for hotel guest parking.
We have also made and are in the process of updating our rooms. We now have HD TV channels in all of our rooms and we are updating our bedding for a new modern look. I hope to see you again so you can enjoy these new things at the Ramada Downtown Hollywood.
Daniel AngressGM
Meredith
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

It was a good stay! I would recommend the hotel for other travelers. Its a bit dated, but nice and clean. Its in the middle of the city, close to everything, but this ads some noise factor to it. Staff is helpful! The only recommendation I would make to the hotel is to cut back on the chemicals in the pool so my kid's eyes would not roll out and improve on the breakfast a bit...and of course free parking for hotel guests.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

DanielGM_RDH, General Manager at Ramada Hollywood Downtown, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on the Ramada Downtown Hollywood.
I will talk to the pool company about the chemicals. The pool chemicals are monitored daily and are automatically fed into the water. I will make them aware of your recommendation. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Daniel Angress GM
Ramada Downtown Hollywood

Been to Ramada Hollywood Downtown? Share your experiences!