“Good location if you have business in downtown Hollywood. Not great for the price.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Hollywood Downtown

You added Ramada Hollywood Downtown to your Saves list
Ramada Hollywood Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1925 Harrison St, Hollywood, FL 33020   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #27 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Greek first
DENVER
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

These guys claimed I (through my travel agency) had reserved a smoking room, and refused to give the non-smoking room actually reserved...unless I paid extra...which I did because I cannot tolerate smoke. Front desk was rude. I know my agent - and have used this p[articular man for 30 years. He does not lie, and he knows my needs. Room missing controls for A/C. Room smelled like perfume.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

DanielGM_RDH, General Manager at Ramada Hollywood Downtown, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Hello James Louis W
I am sorry for any confusion you had with your reservation. I am not sure what path your travel agent used when he booked your room. We do not change room types for reservations that are made with room type guarantees. We can change the room ( at no extra charge) from smoking to nonsmoking (visa versa) if the same room type is available. Additional charges may occur when the room type itself changes(such as Double bed, King bed, or Mini Suite). From your review this sounds like what happened. The hotel has been running full and certain room types are selling out quickly and reservations are being made for smoking rooms such as yours and with requests for non-smoking. Requests are requests and we try our best to accommodate them when possible unfortunately they are not always possible to do.
I am sorry again for your situation,
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

When we arrived at the Ramada Downtown Hollywood, we were hopeful that this would be a pleasant place to stay. Those hopes were crushed fairly quickly though, and continued to be further crushed the longer we stayed.

Location: The location of this hotel is amazing if you plan to frequent the many restaurants and bars in downtown Hollywood. It is just steps away from quite a bit of action. But that can present problems too (see parking below).

Rooms: the rooms are OK for an old hotel. I understand there will be some cosmetic flaws and did do a decent job keeping up with those. The beds was horrible though. I honestly think the concrete floor would have been more comfortable than the mattress. They did an excellent job providing enough pillows and linens, however the furniture looked like second hand dorm furniture from the 1990's. And we were in a mini-suite! They recently upgraded the TVs to flat screens, but they did not have HD so the picture was awful, not that we watched it that much.

Pool: The pool area was amazing, It was decorated very nice and was a neat place to hang outdoors. The pool is heated though, and they kept it far too hot. I realize it was winter in Florida and the locals are cold this time of year, but it was 80 outside and the pool had to be 90+ degrees.

Breakfast: Abysmal. Why even bother if this is the best they can offer. They had cereal and a couple varieties of toast. The only hot food was soggy waffles and boiled eggs. There was some limited fresh fruit available, and the usual coffee and juices. In a pinch, I grabbed a donut one morning and thew it away after take one bit of the stale, powdery glob of disgust.

Parking: Sigh. They have a parking garage attached to the hotel, and we realized before we booked that we had to pay to park in it. Foolishly we assumed that meant the garage was for hotel guests only. It is not. They require that you pay parking for your entire trip when you arrive, so we paid it, and only managed to find a spot inside the garage twice over a 4 day trip. We ended up parking on the street a block or more away most of the time, and paying to do that too. When we asked for a parking refund at the desk, we were met with hostility and asked "why can't you just park on the street?" Uh, because I PAID YOU EXTRA to park in your garage! We never did get a parking refund and I feel like the parking garage is just a way to scam hotel guests out of more money each night.

Staff: The maid staff were very friendly and helpful. The front desk and security staff were rude and hostile. These people need to reconsider their choice to work in the hospitality industry because they do not belong there at all. We are not people to complain about a lot of little things, but when a guest politely asks questions about a paid service of the hotel, hostility and frustration is not the correct way to respond. I could tell that they get the same complaints on a daily basis at this place, and the staff is just tired of dealing with it.

Overall, I cannot find anything positive about this property except the location. Even the price was not that great.Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else. Anywhere else.

Room Tip: Choose a room at a different hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
DanielGM_RDH, General Manager at Ramada Hollywood Downtown, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Hello ROT Job of Oklahoma City, traveling as a couple.
I was saddened after reading your view of our hotel finding out how unhappy you and your traveling partner were with us. My team and I strive to provide all of our guests safe, clean and comfortable lodgings in a fun atmosphere. I am sorry we failed to meet that goal with you.
We are in the process of making many changes here at the Ramada Downtown Hollywood such as; changing all the TV channels to HD, changing the style of our bed linens and toppings, refreshing the exterior walkways of our hotel.
I appreciate all of your observations and we at the Ramada Downtown Hollywood will look into your comments and revise these situations where we can.
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

So many great shops and restaurants next door to this hotel. My room was clean and the staff was very friendly. The breakfast had some great selections including hard-boiled eggs. I'll be back again very soon!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you Amy L of Miami Beach, Fl !
You said it all !
We look forward to seeing you again.
Ramada Downtown Hollywood

Been to Ramada Hollywood Downtown? Share your experiences!