“Could be a much better place.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #26 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
Atlanta, GA
“Could be a much better place.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

As other rewiewers have noted, this hotel could use an upgrade. To start, as I was driving to the location, we were in some really bad neighborhoods. It made me nervous that we picked a really poor place to stay. In the last mile or so the location improved greatly. The actual location is not bad, but it's in the proximity of some shady and dangerous looking areas. Upon arriving, a lot attendant was standing at the entrance to the garage. We told him we had a reservation and he let us through without collecting a parking fee. We parked and headed inside to the lobby.

When reaching the desk, the employee seemed tired and wasn't the friendliest during check in. We got our bags and went to our room. It is set up more like a motel than a hotel (rooms on the outside) and inside the room seemed dated. The converters looked really old and the carpet was stained. The room door had gaps where light would come through, in other words it didn't 100% seal to where bugs and/or temperature and noise would be kept out. There was also a very strong urine like smell in the bathroom.

We went out to dinner and when we returned I decided to check on the parking fee. The same unfriendly lady, when asked about the parking fee said that there was one. I asked why we weren't told about it when checking in and why I had to ask about it. She asked if I paid if when arriving and I told her that the guy just waived us through. She told me the amount I owed and I was annoyed that I had to ask about it myself. I asked what would have happened if I had not said anything. She told me I would have had a note on my car (I had brought all this up because some cars had parking tags on their vehicle dash).

I slept OK and the next morning checked out the included breakfast. I wasn't very impressed. It was just a step above continental with some seemingly microwaved pancakes and powdered eggs. I ate a little bit but ended up going out for another breakfast later. The food is included so I can't say much about the value there. You get what you pay for here.

I probably wouldn't stay here again as I felt uncomfortable with the location and the people in and around the hotel. It really had a cheap motel vibe. On another note, the people at the front desk the next morning were very friendly and pleasant. The night lady must gave been just tired or something. I think there are better options in nearby Ft. Lauderdale and in nicer areas.

• Stayed November 2012
DanielGM_RDH, General Manager at Ramada Hollywood Downtown, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Hello lancerevo13,
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to provide you with your hotel accommodations while here in Hollywood, Florida. We at the Ramada Downtown Hollywood strive to give our guests the best experience possible and I am sorry we fell short of that goal with you. The hotel is located in the middle of Hollywood's Arts, Dining and Entertainment District. We have 40+ restaurants, clubs and boutiques all within 2 blocks of any direction of the hotel. We are an exterior corridor hotel. Our rooms start on the 3rd floor, our outdoor heated pool and Tiki Bar are also on the 3rd floor and all the entrances to the rooms on all the floors face our outdoor atrium where the pool deck is. We are in the process of launching our bed topping refresh. We will be replacing our comforters and style to triple sheeting. This modern look will compliment our flat screen televisions and we are in the process of converting our channel line up to include HD channels. My maintenance team is addressing the door issues and the carpets in the hotel. I have brought the bathroom odor you described to the attention of my housekeeping staff and I explained to them that it is not acceptable for a guest to experience what you experienced. I want to apologize for the confusion about the parking and I also want to apologize for the attendant at the front desk when you arrived. I have shared the impression you conveyed of your arrival experience in this review and I have expressed my disappointment. We appreciate and value all our guests and I am sorry that did not come across to you.
I appreciate you letting us know about your stay with us and I hope to have the opportunity to serve you again under an improved experience.

494 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Greek first
ORLAND PARK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Hotel has a quirky vibe - but its not a bad thing. The hotel is in a great location, on a side street and close to everything!

The interior of the room was clean, recently updated and beds were comfortable. Not fancy by any means or exceptional. Its relatively fair for what you pay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

DanielGM_RDH, General Manager at Ramada Hollywood Downtown, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Hello TJ-USA of Orland Park,
Thank you for choosing our Ramada Downtown Hollywood. We strive to provide our guests with clean, safe and comfortable rooms at a fair market rate. We appreciate you for telling us we had accomplished goal. We are in the Arts, Dining and Entertainment District of Hollywood Florida. Our vibe reflects that with an eclectic motif. We are The Nostalgic Hotel with a Heart of Fun! We are surrounded by 40+ restaurants, clubs and boutiques all with in 2 blocks in any direction of the hotel.
Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again,
Oranjestad, Aruba
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Hi
I stay in this hotel but got a very bad experience,
I did left a bag with 1pair of shoes, 1 black purse,1 massage shoes and two headphones skullcandy hesh,
arrived at the airport i notife that i left the bag behind in the room, so i called the hotel the same
day, and let me know they will go chek for me, the next day i called again, and the did find the bag but without the 2 headphones.
i ask the front desk can you chek for me with the housekeeping, and she told nobody saw this
headphones, so that's why i don't recommend nobody to visit this hotel because they steel your property and they told me if i want call a police, and for a guest that is no answer, these headphones cost me a total amount of $115.00 and was for my kids, it's not the money but the responsibality,

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
DanielGM_RDH, General Manager at Ramada Hollywood Downtown, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Hello onelida buurvro...I ,
Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry your stay with us did not end like it should have. When we received your call we went and found the bag in your room. It was then secured in the managers office. When you called to verify the contents we searched again through out the room and were not able to find any headphones. In cases of alleged theft we do call the police to investigate. We do not and will not tolerate theft at our hotel. It is not a normal occurrence to have things missing from a room that later have not been discovered or in the guest's possession. Our housekeeping staff have all been here a long time and have turned in items that were left behind with greater and lesser value. Please be assured if somehow your headphones do appear we will inform you immediately and make arrangements with you for their return.
Again I offer you my sincerest apologies,
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

As always, we had a great stay at the Ramada. We stayed in a corner suite which was a little far but not a big problem. Room was clean and very spacious. Staff was great, breakfast was good(my only complaint would be to change up the hot choices) and the pool was heated to the perfect temperature!(so refreshing!) Can't wait to go back in April!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
DanielGM_RDH, General Manager at Ramada Hollywood Downtown, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Hello 38kittycat,
We cannot wait for you to come back in April either, So Come Back Sooner!
We thank you and appreciate your business and your review.
See you soon,
Ramada Downtown Hollywood

Been to Ramada Hollywood Downtown? Share your experiences!