As other rewiewers have noted, this hotel could use an upgrade. To start, as I was driving to the location, we were in some really bad neighborhoods. It made me nervous that we picked a really poor place to stay. In the last mile or so the location improved greatly. The actual location is not bad, but it's in the proximity of some shady and dangerous looking areas. Upon arriving, a lot attendant was standing at the entrance to the garage. We told him we had a reservation and he let us through without collecting a parking fee. We parked and headed inside to the lobby.
When reaching the desk, the employee seemed tired and wasn't the friendliest during check in. We got our bags and went to our room. It is set up more like a motel than a hotel (rooms on the outside) and inside the room seemed dated. The converters looked really old and the carpet was stained. The room door had gaps where light would come through, in other words it didn't 100% seal to where bugs and/or temperature and noise would be kept out. There was also a very strong urine like smell in the bathroom.
We went out to dinner and when we returned I decided to check on the parking fee. The same unfriendly lady, when asked about the parking fee said that there was one. I asked why we weren't told about it when checking in and why I had to ask about it. She asked if I paid if when arriving and I told her that the guy just waived us through. She told me the amount I owed and I was annoyed that I had to ask about it myself. I asked what would have happened if I had not said anything. She told me I would have had a note on my car (I had brought all this up because some cars had parking tags on their vehicle dash).
I slept OK and the next morning checked out the included breakfast. I wasn't very impressed. It was just a step above continental with some seemingly microwaved pancakes and powdered eggs. I ate a little bit but ended up going out for another breakfast later. The food is included so I can't say much about the value there. You get what you pay for here.
I probably wouldn't stay here again as I felt uncomfortable with the location and the people in and around the hotel. It really had a cheap motel vibe. On another note, the people at the front desk the next morning were very friendly and pleasant. The night lady must gave been just tired or something. I think there are better options in nearby Ft. Lauderdale and in nicer areas.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Downtown Hollywood Hotel
- Ramada Downtown Hollywood Hotel Hollywood
- Ramada Plaza Hotel
- Ramada Hollywood
- Hollywood Ramada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 2 miles from Hollywood Beach / 40 restaurants within walking distance / free wireless internet / free continental breakfast / 6 miles from Hollywood International Airport and Cruise Port. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Wyndham, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, Agoda, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Ramada Hollywood Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.