“Lower Your Expectations & You will LOVE This!” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
20% off room rate
Ranked #24 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Lower Your Expectations & You will LOVE This!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I stayed 4 nights. This isn't five star, so don't expect it. The rooms are just what you would expect. We slept fine every night. The shower was acceptable. The safe worked great. Rose the housekeeper was good. They have done the best they could with what they have to offer. They were actually painting parts of the hotel including our floor- and the place still looked old.

The location of this hotel is great especially on a budget. Close to the beach, close to the airport and a short drive to all the really nice places. You will want to rent a car.

If you have never been to Hollywood Florida there are many many nicer parts of south Florida. Everything was a bit under classed in Hollywood.

The hotel itself served our basic needs. The front desk went out of their way to accommodate us. Frank and one of the general managers were very helpful In Booking our rooms under unique circumstances.

The swimming pool was enjoyable.

I don't reccomend folks coming to the area for the first time to stay in Hollywood, fl but if you do the ramada inn downtown is probably the Best Choice!

Room Tip: Suites are nothing special, Nothing here is. If you need to save money, this will work.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
DanielGM_RDH, General Manager at Ramada Hollywood Downtown, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Dear wingslogo84,
Thank you for choosing our Ramada Downtown Hollywood. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to be of service to you again when you are here in South Florida.

519 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Greek first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Travelled in march stayed 5 nights with large group of 42 youths and adults for st patricks day parade ,rooms are good size have fridge and cofee maker and were cleaned daily to a great strandard by very friendly staff (mary ) being one was very helpful, pool area was very clean and towels were provided which was brilliant when u have a group of there for a few days the .tiki bar was a great place to sit and chill of an evening (there was not a very good selection of drinks and hours of opening are limited but have great staff ) we felt very safe at this hotel . There was a good selection of food for breakfast something for everyone cereals toast, fresh fruit yogurts, pancakes or waffles tea coffe and ,juice. very central location 1 block to trolly bus and youngs circle . would stay again if in fort laurderdale .only negative for a group is all rooms having double beds not having option for rooms with single beds if your witha large group mixed ages or non family members sharing is not ideal this is all that would stop us using this hotel again. staff came out and clapped and cheered the kids on as they played in the the st patricks parade which went by the hotel which was a nice touch.

Room Tip: we stayed on fifth and sixth floor where we found the rooms to be good .
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
DanielGM_RDH, General Manager at Ramada Hollywood Downtown, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you 1bigmomma for telling the world about your stay at The Ramada Downtown Hollywood
and the great things here in Hollywood Fl !
You guys were great in the parade as well as great guests of our hotel!
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

Although this hotel is very cheap, the hotel itself is horrendous; we had ants in our bathroom, the woman at the front desk was absolutely miserable and refused to put down the phone in order to answer our simple question, our AC would not turn on (we had to wait several hours for a mechanic/hotel respondent to help), and when we wanted to open the window to get some cool air-- we realized the window did not open either. Additionally, the walls are VERY thin and you can hear everything your neighbors do/say. Honestly, I would recommend spending some more money because I know I would not come back to the Ramada even if they offered me a room for FREE!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Tova
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
I am sorry your stay was not all it could have or should have been. These are not normal occurrences at this Ramada. Your comments are being addressed by myself and my staff.
We invite you to give us another opportunity to serve you and show you how good we can be.
Alta Loma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

We stayed here 4 days. This is an older tropical hotel with charm. We loved the pool and patio gazebo with the afternoon bar-b-que, (small fee & limited hours) such a treat! The room was clean and comfortable, pillows are great and it had a small fridge. The breakfast room had a Beatles decor which was really fun and the food was good. Eggs, pancakes, pastries, fresh fruit, cereal etc... People at the front desk were friendly and informative about local places to go. Trolley ride to the beach was only one dollar per person and about 10 - 15 min. ride, so fun! Main downtown blvd one block away had restaurants, shops and pubs. Great place to wander and people watch. Washer & dryer available.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you Shellmesa !

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nites...I found the room to be clean, which is the most important thing for me (I want to know I can sleep in the bed without worry). The bathroom was huge and clean. The tub faucet was kinda messed up in that it appeared to be loose (not a big deal). The carpets could have been cleaned a little better, but it wasn't that bad..

There is a small pool on the third floor (I stayed on the 3rd floor). In the future I'd avoid this floor as everyone walks by your room to get to theirs and I had to keep my curtains closed to avoid putting on a show for the guests :)

The there is also a small bar near the pool as well.

The breakfast is a joke... Honestly - they'd be better off not even offering it... I saw cold cereal and hard boiled eggs... I saw this and turned around and went out for breakfast.

There is a gym, but its so small. There are about 3 machines (not kidding) a universal machine, a treadmill and ..... Hmmmmm I cant remember the other machine - maybe there were only 2. Its incredibly small, but ok if you need to get in a quick workout (i never saw anyone in there the entire time I stayed there).

The location is great.... There are lots of small restaurants and bars in the area. Perfect for a couple, as there are a lot of small cozy places to eat and drink. You also have the comfort of drinking as much as you want and be able to walk (not drive) back home.

As for parking, they charge $5 a nite to park. I skipped this and took my chances parking on the street. you can park for free on the street overnight - I always found a spot and only had to walk 1 block once to get back to my room.

Overall its a good hotel for the money, I got 20% off by staying 3 or more nites...

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Dear cracker_please,
Thank you for your review of the Ramada Downtown Hollywood. We are happy to have been of service to you while in Hollywood Fl. I am sorry to see that your stay was not all it could have been. Venturing further into our breakfast you could have seen the other selections we have. Breakfast pastries,bagels and breads are just some of the additional items as well as 3 different fruit juices,yogurts, fresh fruits and a hot item that changes daily;pancakes,waffles and french toast stix . Our exercise room has a treadmill,bicycle,elliptic machine and a weight machine and a 32" TV to watch while doing your fitness routine before swimming in our 48,000gal heated pool.
We hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Ok I endure a 15 hr flight and 2 hr immigration queue@Miami airport to finally get to the hotel.
I was welcomed by Christine, @the front desk. given a room on the 5th floor. When i walked into the room OMG!!! It was filthy,the floor,the tv,the tv stand and don't get me started on the bathroom,the rust in the tub,the filth in the toilet, the stink,I was hoarse with disgust and fear that I was expected to sleep there.I went back down and met an apologetic christine who offered another room intact the adjoining room. It was as if the 2 were competing for the most dirty. I could not believe it, the negative reviews were right, why did into listen. I went back down and told christine of my intention of checking out and demanding a refund.she was very empathetic,and advised that she did not have the authority to give me a refund. Sec asked that I try 1 more room, which I did and fortunately it was not bad on the 6th floor.

Christine and the security guard Hector proved to be invaluable members of staff, they were knowledgeable,helpful and very amiable. They made my stay quite pleasant.
The pros to this hotel is the location.the fridge and the microwave in the room also a +
the cons, the breakfast is a joke bordering on ridiculous.served on plastic plates and cutlery,you are served bagels and bread that ooze with a distinct mouldy smell. The hot food is hard to defined the day I ate there never to return I could I.d the pancakes but was not sure what form of eggs that were next to them. I suppose one should be grateful for the fresh fruit, coz that was the only thing that I could eat.
The other members of staff that i encountered with the exception of the G.M really were just functioning robots,with no interest or idea of customer care. Through their " help" attempts were made to rip me off on expensive transport, that proved to be not the only option.
So would I return? Only if the 2 mentioned earlier c and h were there. And i got to see the room before I paid in advance, and i was very hard pressed.
But to be fair my 9 days were not all bad, and for the location it could prove difficult to find any better on the price. So I would recommend you stay there,just lower your expectations and taste because the decor is something I would seriously query,and when you lower it, you can't be disappointed coz you were not expecting anything anyway.

Room Tip: Aim for the 6th floor they appear to be more quiet
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
DanielGM_RDH, General Manager at Ramada Hollywood Downtown, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Hello Gen E
I humbly apologize for the initial perseption you had of our hotel. The 5th floor is the smoking floor. It tends to be a different exxperience than our non smoking rooms. Your reservation made that was made through a third party was made for a smoking room. Fortunatly we were able to change it to a non smoking room. This is not always possible but with Christine's and Hector's efforts that were made on your behalf they got it done. Our breakfast is to the Ramada specifications. Fresh fruit, assorted bread items and breakfast pastries are availble as well as 8 different types of cereals, whole and 2% milk, coffe,tea, 3 different juices, yogurt and hard boiled eggs. We also have 1 additional hot item the changes everyday such as pancakes, french toast, waffles etc. The Ramada Downtown Hollywood's complimentary continental breakfast is so busy the products are always fresh. They are not here long enough to get moldy! I have personally looked itno the quality and procedures used by our breakfast staff and have made some changes in the products as well as the staff and I monitoring their efforts. You forgot to mention the great area around the hotel. 40+ resturaunts, clubs and boutiques all in walking distance. Sawgrass Outlet Mall was another great experience you had. I hope the charge on your MPG player from my computer lasted the long trip back to England.
I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future by booking directly with us so the room type you book will be the one you desire and the begining of your experience with us will start on a positive note.
Albany, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Great Location Parallel to Hollywood Blvd which you can easily access from the rear of the hotel. Lots of Restaurants shops and other places within walking distance. Trolley to the beach pick up area is one block from the hotel. The park at Youngs Circle is easily accessible on foot. This was our third stay at the Ramada Downtown - they have everything we need including clean rooms with small refrigerator, coffee pot and microwave, free continental breakfast, heated pool with Tiki Bar (note: limited hours), and free use of two computers in the lobby area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
You said it all !
We apreciate your business and look forward to being of service to you again.
Ramada Downtown Hollywood

Been to Ramada Hollywood Downtown? Share your experiences!