“GREAT PEOPLE, GOOD SERVICE, CLOSE TO ALL THE HIGHWAYS” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1925 Harrison St, Hollywood, FL 33020   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #27 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
Jupiter, Florida
“GREAT PEOPLE, GOOD SERVICE, CLOSE TO ALL THE HIGHWAYS”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

Close to all tha placesu will like to go, many amenities salo,gym,..Is only one word awesome

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Greek first
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011 via mobile

The only reason why I am writing this review is because, it was the bad review that cause me 3wks to finally select a hotel. Even after I selected this hotel I was really worried because of the other reviews. However, this hotel was worth every dime. I stayed on the 6th floor. A lot of ppl complained about noise from the surrounding clubs I didn't hear any thing. The maids were SUPER nice. Other reviews complained about the beach and how far it was with out a car. But what they didn't mention is that there is a trolley that costs $1.00 to ride to the beach. I received 4 complimentary drinks. The pool is a little small but goes to 9ft. The breakfast was okay. Better than what I had at another hotel in Augusta GA. Also I saw a few pple complain about having to pay to park I was there 4 nights and it was $16 and some change. Then only bad part is the upper level is kind of small but the lower level has bigger spaces. The other bad this is the elevators were not cool. But nothing to give them a bad review for. North Miami is 15mins by car. The mall is 9 mins away old navy, Ross, Starbucks less then 10 mins away. My next trip to fort lauderdale u will be staying there. The managment while I didn't meet them did an outstanding job!

• Stayed May 2011
Arequipa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

It is the worst hotel in my whole life, was so disgusting.....the room was not only old, but with a heavy smell from cigarretes. We had a room in front of the pool, and all the night the pool was full of drunk people, screaming, swearing....ugghhh!! all night long. The bathroom looked dirty in the corners....the sofa chair was dirty, with ton of dust over it....it was so disgusting that the next morning we just packed and leaved with no breakfast, we just wanted to be out of there.

We get into this hotel beacuse we didn´t find another one in the middle of the night...and it was soooo expensive.....you wouldn't believe!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
São Paulo, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

We stayed at Ramada Hollywood for 3 nights. Room was clean, staff was super nice. Great value.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

I had stayed here 3 years ago and it was great. After reading the reviews here that complained about noise, cleanliness and friendliness of the staff, I was worried. I even warned my co-worker that this could be a bad experience. However, we were both pleasantly surprised. The hotel was even better than I remembered it. The front desk staff were wonderful, helpful, and friendly the entire weekend. The rooms are simple, but very clean. I don't know what people are talking about in these reviews about the carpets being dirty and turning their socks black. We didn't see any of that. It is an "outside hotel" so all the rooms open to the outside - if people are being loud in the courtyard, then yes, it can be loud in the rooms. We had that happen for about 5 minutes the first night, but it didn't last. I heard nothing on the second night (a Saturday during prime spring break time!). I always travel with "heavy duty" earplugs, so I wasn't worried - but I didn't even use them. I love having parking right on site - that was so convenient. Yes, it costs a little, but its really a nominal fee and much better than searching for a spot on the street in that area. The location is the best part of this hotel. It really doesn't get any better than this. You can walk right out the door to Hollywood Blvd, restaurants, bars and all the great nightlife. Perfect!
Everything was wonderful! I will definitely stay there again. Thank you Ramada!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Inverness, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

The hotel is extremely noisey, particularly in the wee hours. People could be heard yelling and walking above/outside the room at very late hours. Hard to get any sleep. Will not be staing there again on my annual trip to Hollywood, Florida. Not recommended.

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
DanielGM_RDH, General Manager at Ramada Hollywood Downtown, responded to this review, March 21, 2011
There is no excuse for loud and disruptive guests at any time of day or night. I am sorry you had this experience with us. We have staff 24 hours a day and nightly security that are happy to address any situation that is brought to their attention or they interpert as distrubing to other guests. We have many resturaunts and bars that are open late surrounding the hotel and we are happy to see people enjoying but not at the expense of our other guests. I have made the night staff and security aware of this situation and instructed them to anticipate situations that can have simular results.
Again, my humblest apologes
Daniel Angress GM
Ramada Downtown Hollywood
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2011

The hotel itself might not be the newest, but the location is great (just a mile from Hollywood beach) and so are the staff! They are very friendly, very helpful and very kind and go out of thier way to give you the best service they can! That is w a y more important than having the newest facillities. I will come back here whenever I go back to Miami. Besides that you have a wide wareity of restaurants (Mexican, Thai, Romanian, pizza etc) really close (walking distance) and Wallgreens and Publix as well. The party district along Hollywood Blvd is accessible via the hotel. -The Swede.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Ramada Hollywood Downtown? Share your experiences!