“Great place to stay before a cruise” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
30% More Wyndham Rewards
Ranked #26 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
Ringgold
“Great place to stay before a cruise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stayed at the Days Inn in Hollywood, FL the night before we cruised. We found the hotel to be a great place to stay. We were particularly impressed with the friendliness of the staff. And, they were really helpful with directions to a number of places we wanted to visit.
The breakfast the next morning was very good and the area was extremely clean and well arranged. Overall, our stay was very good and I would stay again and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Other reviews mentioned the highway noise but I never even noticed it from our room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Saint James City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

The Days Inn provides parking while you are on vacation to other destinations and will take you to the airport and pick you up when you arrive back at the Days Inn and retrieve your car. There is no charge to park your car in their lot. The staff was excellent and the room was very clean and nice. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Batesburg, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I travel all the time, leaving my first negative review.
First, checked in, friendly staff at checking.....
called in a bit, phone in room didn't work in the room and neither did TV, was told someone would be right up, after 25 minutes, called again ( on cell phone as phone didn't work, lol) and was told they were just getting ready to call me, which I thought was a little funny in light of my phone in room wasn't working. When someone came to the room was asked if I really needed the phone, which I said I didn't, remote didn't work for TV but eventually worked...kind of....and was told would bring a new remote up...after 20 minutes figured no one was going to bring up a remote so finally just took a long needed shower that I had been awaiting now for an hour....so mentioned it when I went by the front desk....was told ..."well, would of had to reprogram the remote...." and no apology or anything. I travel all the time and found everything about this place less than acceptable. Did not even mention to anyone the water was cold for shower. Did mention the internet quit working, was told they called and reset the internet, I incorrectly assumed this meant it would be working...it wasn't working but I have my own access so using this to post this NEGATIVE review.
So, I would avoid this place as not one issue was addressed and most were simply ignored. No apologizes. Going to ask for a refund in the morning but not going to hold my breathe.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Winston Salem
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This hotel was great for our pre-cruise trip. The front desk staff that we encountered upon arrival was extremely friendly and quite helpful. The hotel is located directly off I-95 off of exit 21. A couple of right turns and you're at the front door. The lobby was clean and the rooms were decent. A comfortable king size bed, nice hot running shower and tub, a small fridge and a microwave. Now because this hotel was located so close to the interstate there was some noise that I heard throughout the evening, but the noise decreased significantly as the evening progressed. As far as location to local establishments, this hotel is in a decent location with restaurants close by. A T.G.I.Fridays, Sal's Restaurant, Red Lobster, HollyWood Ale House, Dave and Buster's, Sweet Tomatoes, Wendy's, McDonald's Taco Bell, and Quiznos. These restaurants were located in Oakwood Plaza which is really close, not in walking distance, but mere minutes by car. A Denny's is located just outside of the hotel. Also, the wifi is free, vending and ice machines are located on all floors except the 5th floor. I would stay here again, and if you are looking for a place to stay before your cruise, this is an ideal spot. Also there is a shuttle service but since we drove down, we did not use this service.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room that didn't face the interstate. Room 519, the room I stayed in was dire...
Burbank
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The staff was frendly and the room was in good condition. The only problem we could not get picked up at the airport,the shuttle never showed for the 1 hour and 10 Min. and TWO phone calls to hotel. Finnaly had to take a taxi. But I will say the next day the trip to the cruise ship went off very well.
Next time I take a cruise from this area I well try someone else.

Room Tip: Take a taxi to the hotel
Saint Petersburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

very friendly staff, ice cold air conditioning. Pet friendly and smoker friendly too. This was are fourth time staying here within last 9 months.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We arrived at this hotel due to an exhausting ordeal regarding our Spirit Airlines International flight. Exhausted, faced with cancelled flights, and with our luggage lost by Spirit Air, we arrived at this hotel for a brief reprieve before we were able to resume our normally scheduled flight the next day. Needless to say, the service received was an unexpected relief from what was otherwise a quite stressful day. The Front Desk Agent, Amy, handled the high volume of check ins efficiently and friendly and our shuttle driver, Franchot, even jumped behind the desk to assist. Despite what must have been an unexpected rush, Amy and Franchot handled the stressful situation like true professionals and did not short sell us on service or information. Very helpful and very pleasant and a bright spot in an otherwise blemish filled day of travel.

Room Tip: I am usually a Priority Club oriented traveler however the Days Inn impressed with awesome service...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport South? Share your experiences!