“Nice stay before cruise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South

You added Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2520 Stirling Rd, Hollywood, FL 33020-1122 (Formerly Comfort Inn Airport / Cruise Port South)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #39 of 64 Hotels in Hollywood
Toledo, Ohio
“Nice stay before cruise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We picked this hotel based on the reviews here. The hotel picked us up from the airport for free and it only took about 15-20 minutes. we didnt think that was too bad. Check in was easy and we booked a free shuttle to the cruise port the next morning. Th room was clean and Beds were comfy. We decided to sleep in a little rather than eat breakfast so I dont know how that was. We then went down to the lobby to wait for our shuttle. While we were waiting a KSA tours person asked if we wouldnt to prebook transportation to the airport from the cruise ship when we returned. So we did for $10 a person. They gave us all the info and orange stickers to wear when we returned from the cruise. The shuttle did take a while because there had been a large group being picked up from a returning cruise and dropped off at the hotel. So they called another shuttle for us from another hotel to take us so we wouldnt have to wait any longer than we already had. It was a good experience and glad we booked comfort inn south!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
New Providence Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

we always stay at comfort inn 2520 stirling road.we was there in aug 26 for a week at the begining serve was good we had to change room which we did'nt mind my sister left her phone in the room and it was gone we report it everyday no one said anything we went to the front desk all they did was write it down on a piece of paper no one call to say nothing so on the third day we had to go pay for the room and we meet THERESA [--] and my god the serve was so bad she didnt even had a smile on her face we told her about the phone we lost. And she left us there standing up she didnt say a word. when she came back she only ask us what room we was staying in and she wrote it down and say i will look in to it.So i ask her how much for the room and she over charge us for the room.Until we left no one said anything about the phone. i just hope if we ever go back serves i will be better with her.other than that we did enjoyed our stay

Room Tip: higher room have less traffic in the morinings
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Great choice pre-cruise. We had a room on the 4th floor - clean, comfortable, updated. It had a coffee service, iron/board, hair dryer. Wait for pick-up at airport was a bit slow - about 35 minutes, but when I called they did say it could be up to 25 minutes. Free transportation to cruiseport - very organized. And for $10 per person, the same service picked us up at the cruiseport and took us back to the airport at the end of the trip. Breakfast was a bit chaotic - so many people staying there that they kept running out of food...but the folks that serviced it worked hard to keep up with it. Waffles, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, toast, danish, etc. They have a small bar next to the pool for drinks (not sure if they had food). Right behind the hotel is a large strip mall area with lots of restaurants, some close - we walked to the Ale House which was about 3/4 of a mile away. We didn't use the pool, but it looked clean and there were lots of families hanging out by it when we arrrived. No fitness center.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The hotel was ok, I made the best of it by going to the bar at the pool. The rooms were clean, there were holes in the spreads from smoking. The pool was somewhat clean, I guess clean enough because some people got in it. The breakfast had NO MEAT the whole weekend while "we" was there, but the morning that we was checking out, I seen meat...makes me think that they didn't want to give us any meat. Many family members had issues with there rooms such as the air condition went out, no refrigerators or microwaves. One of my cousins got stuck on the elevator the day they was leaving and there is no air on there. The best part of this hotel is the bar at the pool.

Grand Bahama Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I always stay at the comfort inn near Oakwood Plaza mall from time after time. I was there on Aug 4th weekend. I love the staffs as always and food was nice. However there was a part where I had to walk to get to my room that smells kinda like someone pissed in the walk way. I would hope that the staffs will notice it and take care of the walk way area. I can see the Hampton Inn adjacent leading to where the pool and lobby is(This is where I smelled it)...Also the pool looked a bit blurry so I didnt use it. I also had to killed a big roach in my room one night..... Other than that I enjoyed my stay..

Orangeburg, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here before and it was ok. However, this time my husband paid $10 extra to upgrade us to a "suite" with a wall separating the "bedroom" from the "living area" and having a fridge and microwave. When we arrived, all we could do was laugh. We were too tired to do anythng else. The so called suite was much smaller than our regular room on our last stay. There was a wall, but the room was so small it just took up space. However the coup des gras came when my husband dropped a pen while sitting on the sofa. When he reached down to get it he found a condom wrapper right there on the floor. The ice maker did not work. So we had to get ice from the Hampton Inn next door. When we checked out, my husband told them about the condem wrapper and how it digusted us. They offered no compensation for that. So beware of suites bearing gifts.

• Stayed August 2013
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Great hotel, free breakfast, free airport transport and free transfer to cruise ship! Rooms were clean and facility was very nice. Great location near Oakwood Plaza where you can shop and eat. Had a nice pool and staff were friendly. Everything went well for me and my family. Terrific experience.

Room Tip: Great value for the price and can walk to nearby plaza. Nice accommodations for short stay.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Joe K, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Lucy-Anne J,

Thank you so much for the glowing review you posted on TripAdvisor of your stay at the Comfort Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port South. We always enjoy hearing about guests being able to take advantage of the amenities we have to offer. Our free shuttle to and from the airport as well as our free transfer to the cruise port is what separates us from similar hotels in the area. I am also glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our pool, and that our staff treated you well during your stay. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to them. Thank you again for the review, and it would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again.

Joseph Katz
Director of Customer Service
Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South? Share your experiences!